Politicons Polling: Only Romney leads Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:41:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Politicons Polling: Only Romney leads Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Politicons Polling: Only Romney leads Obama  (Read 3938 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »

This is a conservative organisation, never heard of them:

http://politicons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Politicons-Polling-2012-National-Poll-Jan-25-to-Jan-27th2.pdf
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »

Obama 52%
Palin 39%

Obama 48%
Huckabee 42%

Obama 48%
Bachmann 39%

Romney 45%
Obama 44%

Obama 49%
Gingrich 43%

Obama 45%
Christie 39%

generic Republican 43%
Obama 40%

GOP primary poll:

Romney 18%
Palin 18%
Christie 16%
Huckabee 15%
Gingrich 10%
Bachmann 3%
Trump 2%
Pawlenty 2%
DeMint 2%
Daniels 2%
Cain 1%

There's no indication of how big the GOP primary sample is though.  Given that the general election sample is only 573 people, the GOP primary sample has to be tiny.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:35:36 AM »

It comes down to the method of sampling. Little is said. Worthless.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:44:31 AM »

Obama 52%
Palin 39%

Obama 48%
Huckabee 42%

Obama 48%
Bachmann 39%

Romney 45%
Obama 44%

Obama 49%
Gingrich 43%

Obama 45%
Christie 39%

generic Republican 43%
Obama 40%

GOP primary poll:

Romney 18%
Palin 18%
Christie 16%
Huckabee 15%
Gingrich 10%
Bachmann 3%
Trump 2%
Pawlenty 2%
DeMint 2%
Daniels 2%
Cain 1%

There's no indication of how big the GOP primary sample is though.  Given that the general election sample is only 573 people, the GOP primary sample has to be tiny.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
ragevein
KansasDem
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »

All the next Republican candidate has to do is hammer home to the American people that Obama's presidency is illegal under the Constitution, remind the American people of Obama's "I am A Muslim" comment, and you will have a landslide Republican victory in 2012 not seen since Reagan trounced Mondale in 1984.

You can save this quote and bring it up...in January 2013, when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir will be singing praise to our nation's very first Mormon president, and singing "Hail to the Cheif" in their angelic voices on the steps of the White House.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »

All the next Republican candidate has to do is hammer home to the American people that Obama's presidency is illegal under the Constitution, remind the American people of Obama's "I am A Muslim" comment, and you will have a landslide Republican victory in 2012 not seen since Reagan trounced Mondale in 1984.

You can save this quote and bring it up...in January 2013, when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir will be singing praise to our nation's very first Mormon president, and singing "Hail to the Cheif" in their angelic voices on the steps of the White House.

...lol?
Nation Pollster
Politicons Polling
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 07:31:25 PM »

Hello, I’m from Politicons Polling, and I would like to assure you all, it is a legitimate poll. We polled just like any other major polling organization. A telephone survey, using the random digit dialing method. Even though we own a Conservative website, we do not have any bias in our polls. We want the most accurate results. Thank you for posting and please feel free to ask me any questions.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »

Hello, I’m from Politicons Polling, and I would like to assure you all, it is a legitimate poll. We polled just like any other major polling organization. A telephone survey, using the random digit dialing method. Even though we own a Conservative website, we do not have any bias in our polls. We want the most accurate results. Thank you for posting and please feel free to ask me any questions.

Are you a Politicons Polling employee posting as a direct representative of the company or on your own, personal basis?
WBCKansas
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »

Ugh....Sinner #1 v. Sinner #2

Fred Phelps 2012!
Nation Pollster
Politicons Polling
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »

Are you a Politicons Polling employee posting as a direct representative of the company or on your own, personal basis?

Yes, I am an employee of Politicons Polling posting as a representative.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »

Okay, then how large is the GOP primary sample?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »

^

And why did you make your own primary polling inaccurate by including Christie?
Nation Pollster
Politicons Polling
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 08:59:34 PM »

The GOP sample was 517 Republican Primary voters. Originally we were not going to include that sample on the National Poll press release, but added it in after. It was separate from the National Poll.
Nation Pollster
Politicons Polling
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »

^

Why do you believe this is inaccurate? We polled Republicans on speculated candidates at this time.
WBCKansas
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 09:01:03 PM »

The GOP sample was 517 Republican Primary voters. Originally we were not going to include that sample on the National Poll press release, but added it in after. It was separate from the National Poll.

Still bad polling practices.

I held a poll of 50 in my neighborhood, and 56% wanted Phelps for President, 30% wanted Obama, and 4% a ...republican Sad
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »

^

Why do you believe this is inaccurate? We polled Republicans on speculated candidates at this time.

How many times has Christie said he's not running? He even turned down the SOTU rebuttel to get the message across. He isn't running, so we can't actually see this polling as accurate when 16% is definitely going to be dispursed among other actual possible candidates.

You didn't poll Thune or Santorum who are much more likely to run. Also, it's spelt Bachmann, not Bachman
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »

Also neither Paul or Johnson are in the debate which skews the results a little bit since they are the icons of the libertarian base in the party. The next closest thing is Mitch Daniels, but even though a minority, this libertarian group represents a significant amount of republicans that will vote, especially at the caucus.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 09:11:21 PM »

Also neither Paul or Johnson are in the debate which skews the results a little bit since they are the icons of the libertarian base in the party. The next closest thing is Mitch Daniels, but even though a minority, this libertarian group represents a significant amount of republicans that will vote, especially at the caucus.

scratch a little bit, since you guys found a whopping 36% of your sample to be 29 and under Surprise and only 10% to be over 61%. Do you call mostly cell phones?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »

^

Christie has released several Shermanesque statements denying any interest in a candidacy.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »

Thank you for coming here and talking with us, assuming you're real (and why would someone bother to fake your account?) Does your organization know you're posting as a representative of the company? My employer, and many others, have rules about speaking on behalf of the company in public.
Nation Pollster
Politicons Polling
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »

Yes, my organization does know I am speaking on their behalf. You can email them at polling@politicons.net.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »

Ok, cool. It's great that you're here and talking to us.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 03:40:38 PM »

Wouldn't it be awesome if Tom Jensen had an account too?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 04:03:44 PM »

Yes, my organization does know I am speaking on their behalf. You can email them at polling@politicons.net.

Yes, thanks for discussing with us -- that's impressive.  I'm wondering since I don't see in the press release:  Which firm conducted your poll?
Nation Pollster
Politicons Polling
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »

Yes, thanks for discussing with us -- that's impressive.  I'm wondering since I don't see in the press release:  Which firm conducted your poll?

We conducted the survey. I'm sorry if you misunderstood. We are a new polling firm. Trying to build up a reputation. We conduct our surveys just like everyone else. A telephone survey. However, unlike some other pollsters, we do not use bias or have an agenda in our polling. We want the most accurate results ever, even if we do not agree with them.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies