WV-PPP: Democrats lead, unless Shelley Moore Capito runs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:52:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-PPP: Democrats lead, unless Shelley Moore Capito runs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-PPP: Democrats lead, unless Shelley Moore Capito runs  (Read 2122 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: January 27, 2011, 02:08:49 PM »

As I just pointed out in the other thread, her dad losing re-election by almost 18pts in 1988 might have something to do with her reluctance to run statewide. Politicians, much like the rest of us, are not rational creatures. But I'm just speculating.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:44:11 AM »

FWIW, I don't think many swing voters are going to hold her father's misdeeds from over twenty years ago against her. If they did, the third of the state she represents would've never elected her to Congress back in 2000. I doubt voters in the other two WV house districts are any more fixiated on Arch Moore than Capito's consituents were two decades ago, let alone today.

That's not really what I meant. What I was getting at was more that she might have psychological issues about running for statewide office because of what happened to her father.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies