connecticut
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  connecticut
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: connecticut  (Read 5220 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2004, 10:06:14 PM »

One mans opinion:  1/2 of connecticut is filled with social climbing misfits who arent worthy of the franchise.

I take it you won't be moving to Western CT any time soon then?

My sister in law is actually from Fairfield county... and no I would never move there.

Where do you live in New York and what town is your sister-in-law from?

I used to live in Westchester County, NY and now I live in Fairfield County, CT.  I moved here because the taxes were more affordable, and I could get a better house for the money.

What you say about Connecticut is certainly true of some of the people who live here, but I have to say it's mostly true of the whole NY metro area, not just Connecticut.

I actually like living here quite a bit.

You know I am not exactly sure what town she is from.  I had a few roomates in college from Fairfield county- Weston, Westport, Wilton area I think.  A few of them were loaded and were the types that made sure people knew it.  Not bad kids but different from what I was accustomed to.  I also worked with a few trust funders from Greenwich.  A little spoiled and narcistic but generally ok people- not my cup of tea though.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2004, 10:17:39 PM »

You know I am not exactly sure what town she is from.  I had a few roomates in college from Fairfield county- Weston, Westport, Wilton area I think.  A few of them were loaded and were the types that made sure people knew it.  Not bad kids but different from what I was accustomed to.  I also worked with a few trust funders from Greenwich.  A little spoiled and narcistic but generally ok people- not my cup of tea though.

I know what you mean.  There are some people here who are too much for me, but I ignore them.  Sometimes they even give me a good laugh.

All other things being equal, people here are not all that inclined to be overly friendly, but that is true of New York also.  I find that I'm much friendlier to people here than I am in New York, because I don't see the need to keep my guard up as much.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2004, 12:23:01 AM »

maybe if u read my other post on page one youd see on what basis i say this smash

I read what you said on the first page as well.

few things. 

CT isn't exactly rich.  Granted its the richest per capita, but the state has many poorer sections, especially once you get outside of Fairfield County.

You mentioned Hartford isn't a liberal hotbed such as NYC or Massachuttes, Hartford is VERY DEMOCRATIC, if I'm not mistaken Kerry cracked 80% in Hartford (possibly 75%, but I think 80%)

Next just because portions of the state are rich, doesn't even mean they will vote Republican.  Granted Long Island and CT are not the same, but they have a bunch of similarites.  Both Long Island and CT's bulk population is suburban population.  Both Long Island and CT werenstrongly GOP in Presidential elections through the late 80's.  Both CT and Long Island's Republicans tend to be more moderate than Republicans on a national level, especially socially.   Both CT and Long Island are pretty rich areas.  This Presidential election was a bit closer here due to 9/11, but the area in general is trending more & more Democrat.  88 Bush won Both Nassau & Suffolk Counties by double digits, by 1996 Clinton won Nassau by 19% (Gore did the same in 2000).  Suffolk went to Gore by 11% in 2000.  This election was a bit closer, 1% Suffolk, 6% Nassau, but that had much more to do with the aftereffects of 9/11 than anything else.  In the early 90's Long Island had 4 GOP Congressman, 1 Dem Congressman, both county excectives were Republican.  Now we have 4 Democratic Congressman, 1 Republican, both county excecutive's are Democrats.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies