TX-PPP: Obama tied with Palin/Perry, all other Republicans ahead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:04:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  TX-PPP: Obama tied with Palin/Perry, all other Republicans ahead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-PPP: Obama tied with Palin/Perry, all other Republicans ahead  (Read 8503 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 22, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »

Texas is clearly a Democratic state in 2012. [/pbrower2a]

Oh, right.
What are you trying to say?

i think that the democrats should at least attempt in winning Texas. First, it is an electoral goldmine. Second, the state has a democratic history. I believe that since the formation of the two party system in 1856, the state has voted Democratic 24 times, Republican 12 times, and Third Party once (1860).

Obama can campaign here as many times as he want, it still isn't going to swing the state his way.

If Obama makes an effort to win Texas, either
A) Texas is for Obama what Pennsylvania was for Mccain
or
B) Obama has so much campaign money that he has nowhere else to spend it.
or
C) Sarah Palin is running
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:13:38 PM »

Texas is clearly a Democratic state in 2012. [/pbrower2a]

Oh, right.

What are you trying to say?

That's simply a joke at the expense of pbrower, who was always saying that Texas would go to Obama in 2012.
When did he ever say that?  I certainly don't remember him making that claim.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:05:40 PM »

Remember that old man Bush, Reagan, Ford, Nixon, Eisenhower, Dewey, Wilkie, Landon, Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, Hughes, Taft, T. Roosevelt, McKinley, Harrison, Blaine, Garfield, Hayes, Grant, Lincoln and Fremont all won Vermont.

What you are forgetting is that the political preferences of the population in a state can change over time. The electorate of Texas in 2011 is not the same as the electorate in 1976. The same can be said about Vermont and every other state.
Vermont and Maine wont swing towards the GOP in 2012 just because Mike Huckabee spends alot of time there, and reminds the voters that the people who lived there in 1936 voted for Alf Landon.

I would like to add that both the Democratic and Republican parties have changed since then as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies