Marijuana Legalization Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:07:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marijuana Legalization Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Marijuana Legalization Bill  (Read 6160 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2004, 01:26:57 PM »

As a citizen I support this bill. the effects of marijuana being illegal are much worst to society than the effects of marijuana itself, much like how Prohibition caused much more problems for society than alcohol did. As the friend of about a dozen pot users, I have yet to run into any problems with any of them.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2004, 10:18:56 PM »

As the friend of about a dozen pot users, I have yet to run into any problems with any of them.

Same here - all the ones I know have jobs and pay their taxes, and are otherwise law-abiding.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2004, 10:27:29 PM »

On the alcohol-marijuana issue.

Don't worry about being consistent.

Just worry about being right.

Justice must be consistent, as should the laws guiding justice. Is it just to arrest someone, throw them in jail, and revoke many of their rights for the mere possession of marijuana? Yet if someone possesses alcohol it is legal, regardless of the fact that they are more likely to cause harm than the users of pot.

Inconsistency oft shows hypocrisy. I have yet to see a case where hypocrisy was right. It is pretty hypocritical in my view that the drug that causes far more problems is legal and the one that causes less is not. Having seen that prohibition of both substances creates new problems without really solving the old ones(even making them worse in some cases) I can only say that it would be right to legalize marijuana in order to alleviate the problems of prohibition, since the inherent problems of both drugs are really can't be solved.

Let us be consistent and ban alcohol to. Smiley
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2004, 10:34:24 PM »

Justice must be consistent, as should the laws guiding justice. Is it just to arrest someone, throw them in jail, and revoke many of their rights for the mere possession of marijuana? Yet if someone possesses alcohol it is legal, regardless of the fact that they are more likely to cause harm than the users of pot.

Inconsistency oft shows hypocrisy. I have yet to see a case where hypocrisy was right. It is pretty hypocritical in my view that the drug that causes far more problems is legal and the one that causes less is not. Having seen that prohibition of both substances creates new problems without really solving the old ones(even making them worse in some cases) I can only say that it would be right to legalize marijuana in order to alleviate the problems of prohibition, since the inherent problems of both drugs are really can't be solved.

So you want the murder rate to skyrocket again? Wink
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2004, 10:51:44 PM »

we tried that already. It didn't work too well.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2004, 12:14:41 AM »

we tried that already. It didn't work too well.

Notice the Smiley
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2004, 07:01:39 AM »

I haven't smoked it in a while but MJ should be legal. Burnouts cause less problems than drunks and the gateway argument is bogus.  You can extend that argument to cigs, booze, and almost anything.  If it wasn't for that damn steak my cholesteral would be fine.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2004, 01:38:54 PM »

I haven't smoked it in a while but MJ should be legal. Burnouts cause less problems than drunks and the gateway argument is bogus.  You can extend that argument to cigs, booze, and almost anything.  If it wasn't for that damn steak my cholesteral would be fine.

Thank you for agreeing.  Your Senator will hopefully push this through.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2004, 12:07:11 PM »

As a citizen, I urge the Senators to vote against this bill and vote for Senator Bono's version instead. This bill ursurps region's rights while the other one gives them a choice in the matter.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2004, 12:21:39 PM »

As a citizen, I urge the Senators to vote against this bill and vote for Senator Bono's version instead. This bill ursurps region's rights while the other one gives them a choice in the matter.

Thanks for your support. Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2004, 04:22:51 PM »

Bono, I think yours is better and has more support.  I too would support your version as well.  If you want to vote on that, I'd be glad.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2004, 04:41:50 PM »

Bono, I think yours is better and has more support.  I too would support your version as well.  If you want to vote on that, I'd be glad.
Good, let's move to it then.

Bury the hatchet?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2004, 02:26:44 PM »

Good, let's move to it then.

Bury the hatchet?

Sure.  Happy to work with you.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2004, 03:47:38 PM »

Is this bill formally withdrawn?

If so, please lock it, and I will then delete it from the status thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies