Oakvale/Snowguy for Atlasia: Concession; Congratulations to Tmth and Dallasfan!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:28:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale/Snowguy for Atlasia: Concession; Congratulations to Tmth and Dallasfan!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Oakvale/Snowguy for Atlasia: Concession; Congratulations to Tmth and Dallasfan!  (Read 9647 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
« edited: January 02, 2011, 06:12:07 PM by Governor Oakvale »

Indeed. Leaving aside the drama - loathe as I am to have my character attacked in such a degrading fashion- I'd like to thank President Fritz for his endorsement.

Fritz's time in office has befitted a statesman, and I'd be proud to do as good a job as he's done. While real life, as it often does, intruded on occasion, he's done us proud.

He also deserves kudos for paying attention to poor Badger. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »

I'm not interested in turning this into a long "thing" right now. All I know are simple statements of fact. You broke promises to Tmth, to me and Badger, and Snowguy very obviously lied to me as well.

And as for being "uber partisan," your running mate has flat-out said to me that he will try to "keep the presidency in purely JCP hands." I have that quote open in a conversation window at this very moment. To pretend that a ticket like this born out of so much lies and threatening partisan statements, isn't made purely to have a JCP ticket for the sake of it, is insulting my, and everyone else's, intelligence.

I will be posting my first campaign message shortly, but I wanted to clear this up.

My relationship with Marokai has obviously been very strained since the "big split".  I have been close friends with Marokai and Bgwah for the past year and a half... so you can understand how this could have been personal.  And here's why.

When Marokai was forming the UDL with Xahar and Kalwejt, he, along with Xahar, decided I couldn't be trusted to know about the formation of the UDL prior to its public announcement.  Only Kalwejt thought I should be told.

That seemed quite a blow from Marokai because he actually told me it was "the others" that decided not to tell me, and not him.. when in fact, he was a big factor in that determination.  What is friendship without trust and honesty?  Not much.

The way I found out about the UDL rubbed me the wrong way.  Xahar messaged me on AIM asking if I would join the party, and explained that it would be in my best interest since they were already the biggest party in the Midwest.  Keep in mind, not long before, Marokai had been telling Bgwah that he shouldn't step down as leader of the JCP, that the JCP needed him to lead it, and that Marokai would support his leadership.  But instead, he created a new party with the JCP vice president and one of Bgwah's least favorite fans, all in the name of making the game more "interesting."

Of course the UDL appealed to a lot of people, and while I was sad to see many leave the JCP, I was pleased to see that the leaders elected to the UDL leadership, were, in fact, not the people who created the party.  I believe the UDL leadership are good posters and will do a lot to improve this game.

But my problem with Marokai persisted.  I won't lie and say I wasn't very angry over the whole ordeal.  I was especially angry at the way Marokai treated Bgwah.  That, along with the lack of trust, is what drove me to remain with the JCP.

When Marokai told me he would be running for president, I was a little miffed.  With that said, I never turned down his offer to be his VP, because he never asked me.

In fact, he specifically said that he hadn't asked me because I wouldn't look good on his ticket considering the hard feelings that had been going on.  

I also personally opposed a UDL/JCP unity ticket with Marokai as the presidential candidate.  My thinking there was personal and selfish.  Why should the still larger, more established party be bowing down to the new upstart party... especially with the leading part of the ticket being one who lied so completely to Bgwah and tore the JCP in two?  Call it immature or whatever.. but I am being honest with you... whether or not I was acting like a baby is moot here.

I admit to showing Marokai something that Oakvale sent to me.  In that message, he said that he was unlikely to run for president because he had agreed to run with Marokai at Badger's behest.  He then changed his mind and approached me to be his running mate not long after.  As he said, people change their minds.  

I also admit to having a conversation with Marokai in which I stated that I'd prefer it if the presidency stayed in JCP hands... but Marokai doesn't give the full context in his post above.

I asked Marokai, rhetorically, what was in it for the JCP to be the token VP candidate when we were guaranteed to lose a senate seat to the UDL and the UDL's own VP was complaining about how boring the VP job is?  I said if that's how it was going to be, I'd want the presidency to remain in JCP hands.  An alliance is give and take, not give and give.  While it might, again, sound selfish... I think any reasonable person would allow a person to wish his party success over others.

So, to finish this up, I think it's fair for everybody to know that, no, I don't harbor ill intent against the UDL.  I declined to run for senate in the Midwest, and as of now, fully intend to vote for Kalwejt in the election.  I also think the JCP and UDL can work together and Oakvale and I will equally consider any UDL and JCP member for cabinet posts if elected (we really won't rule anybody out.  The best qualified people should be serving on the cabinet, regardless of party).

In the end, the hard feelings have been between Marokai and I.  He has now come out to call me a liar and dishonest, so I wanted to be honest with everyone.  
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »

Currently you guys have my 3rd preference Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 06:59:24 PM »

Snowguy, I not going into what was between you and Marokai. It's just always sad to see friend splitting over game.

Well, you don't want to support Marokai. I don't want to support Oakvale. I hope we can understand each other.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 07:11:28 PM »

Is there actually going to be free beer?
If there is will it be actual beer or so-called "lite" beer that tastes like cold piss?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 07:15:53 PM »

If there is will it be actual beer or so-called "lite" beer that tastes like cold piss?

I'm trying to import some Stiegl.. good Salzburger beer...

I'm sure Oakvale will get some tasty Irish brews.

And of course for the non-drinkers, there will be coffee and bars, as usual.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »

I'm sure we can rustle up some marijuana for the libertarians. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 07:45:46 PM »

I see Marokai's posting of private conversations between me and him are now gone. 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 07:49:15 PM »

I see Marokai's posting of private conversations between me and him are now gone. 

Yeah, I saw that. I didn't point it out though, since I think he made the right decision by deleting the post...
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »

I just wanted to get the point across to people who would pay close enough attention to this thread to check it as soon as I posted. It's not worth keeping those sort of things out in the open forever, so I decided to delete them after a few minutes. It's better for everyone.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »

I just wanted to get the point across to people who would pay close enough attention to this thread to check it as soon as I posted. It's not worth keeping those sort of things out in the open forever, so I decided to delete them after a few minutes. It's better for everyone.
It still breaks this boards Terms of Use.

You are no longer getting any preference from me which is shame because Purple State was such an excellent President.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »

Did I miss something?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »

Do we even know who the JCP and UDL nominees will be yet?  Tongue

I know there must be only a few people that are running, but it's kind of weird people are getting so caught up in this.  Nothing is sure yet, even with President Fritz's endorsement.  
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2011, 08:15:04 PM »

Do we even know who the JCP and UDL nominees will be yet?  Tongue

I know there must be only a few people that are running, but it's kind of weird people are getting so caught up in this.  Nothing is sure yet, even with President Fritz's endorsement.  

I don't think there are nominees. I think people just run.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »

Oh.  The JCP has had so many conventions that I thought we must have some kind of primary for this thing.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »

I endorse Oakvale/Snowguy for prez/vice prez, by the way.  It would be a much happier endorsement if it wasn't for the infighting.  Sad
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2011, 08:24:05 PM »

Oh.  The JCP has had so many conventions that I thought we must have some kind of primary for this thing.
Oh.  The JCP has had so many conventions that I thought we must have some kind of primary for this thing.

Well, there are non-binding endorsements.  But you can technically still run if you want to.  That's the beauty of having IRV.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »

Oh.  The JCP has had so many conventions that I thought we must have some kind of primary for this thing.

Well, the JCP should have some sort of convention-primary system (well that's the way I thought I wrote it anyways).  It's all dependent on whether more than one candidate decide to run under the party banner, in which case a primary can be called at convention.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2011, 08:38:04 PM »

I'm trying to import some Stiegl.. good Salzburger beer...

I'm sure Oakvale will get some tasty Irish brews.

And of course for the non-drinkers, there will be coffee and bars, as usual.

Great.
Mick beer is the best beer.  Period.  No exceptions.
I am usually apathetic about my ethnic background, but as an Irish American Atlas poster who likes to make racist troll posts from time to time, we do alcohol so much better than all you mongrel Tab soda drinking races ever could.
But the Jew Killers also make good beer too I guess.
[/pointless self demeaning racist stereotyping of one's own ethnic background to elicit a few laughs and maybe even get a pc p***ya**b**** to gripe about how evil the post was and report it to the moderators who will probably tell them to go f themselves]
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »

Hopefully this can be the last word on the Oakvale vs. Marokai issue. Here's to some friendly debate until the next inevitable drama.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »

I think we can all put aside our differences and agree that, if nothing else, the five-way debate will be fantastic.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »

I think we can all put aside our differences and agree that, if nothing else, the five-way debate will be fantastic.

If the first day is any indication, this campaign is going to be the Christmas gift to politic junkies.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2011, 09:53:18 PM »

If the first day is any indication, this campaign is going to be the Christmas gift to politic junkies.
^
Cheesy

Finally
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »

Oakvale, can you assure us, giving your recent record of lack of consistency in making decisions, you won't, if elected, woke up one day and think "hey, I don't want this stress, I'm resigning"?

Hey, I'd be fine with President Snowguy. 
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »

TPTTAA:
Oakvale. Given what's come out in the recent "brawl" between you and Marokai, do you feel you are qualified to be President?

(nothing personal)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies