US House Redistricting: Georgia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:55:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Georgia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Georgia  (Read 39216 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 29, 2011, 06:40:27 PM »

My precinct in 2008: 58.6% McCain.

I couldn't find 2004 data, but I assume there would have been a ten point swing in Bush's favor, considering that a) He performed better overall and b) there has been and still are several large waves of emigrants flooding my town, mostly from the northeast though some, like myself, are from out west.

I only read the first page and the last page of this thread, so, where do people think the two new districts will be created from?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »

Pretty sure Georgia is only gaining one seat. As I understand it, all the power brokers are from north Georgia, so I'm going to guess there. I drew a map a page or two back that stuck a new district in the northeastern corner of the state.
Whoops.  You're right, it is only one.  I'm just thinking about what part of the metro area will be sliced up.  I live on the border between the suburbs and the exurbs and was hoping for some more competitive elections.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »

So, here is my attempt at a Gerrymandered Democratic District.  Every single district voted for 90% or over for Obama, except for two that I was forced to include because they were encircled; both were in the 80's.

97.5% for Obama in 2008
87.9% Black in the 18+ category

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

Ah c'mon.  They put me with Barrow and Walton?  Really?  Really?

Angry
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »

Ah c'mon.  They put me with Barrow and Walton?  Really?  Really?

Angry

Hey now, don't hate on Barrow! Tongue I think a bigger complaint is that they put both of us in a district that stretches from the Northeast Atlanta suburbs all the way to Vidalia onion country. And the biggest problem is that Paul Broun is now our Congressman Sad
*Grinds teeth together*

What will happen to Woodall?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies