The Miscellany Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:50:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Miscellany Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Miscellany Act  (Read 7082 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: November 21, 2004, 04:02:40 PM »

Section 3 of this bill is a massive violation of political free speech.  I officially move for Section 3 to be removed from this bill.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 04:28:19 PM »

I don't feel that it is the right of the government to interfere with political parties' platform writing commissions.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 10:24:32 PM »

I will vote against this bill unless Section 3 is removed.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 03:52:52 PM »

I oppose this. The imperial system is the symbol of the fight against internationalism. I also oppose this adding of items to bills to make them more passable.

I would like to echo Senator Bono's sentiments.  Adopting the metric system is an unwarranted sacrifice of our national sovereignty.  Here in the United States we use our own system of weights and measures and I see no need to change that at this time.  I also share Senator Bono's general apprehension regarding growing internationalism.   I am a free trader.  I am not afraid of cooperating with other nations to achieve economic growth, but I will resist any measure that would take away any part of American culture and replace it with any kind of international standard.

This addition to the Miscellany Act has further solidified my vote.  I will vote against this bill.  If it passes, I will urge President PBrunsel to exercise his veto power.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 03:08:27 PM »

I vote nay.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 02:34:46 AM »

Shame on you nay voters.  You won't do one simple thing to try to join the international community.  You one get rid of one archaic nonsensical aspect of our country and switch to a sensible system that the rest of the world uses.

International community?  You must be joking.  What international community?  And why should we have to sacrifice some of our cultural uniqueness just so we can fit in with this nonexistent 'international community?'  Shame on you for your willingness to sacrifice national sovereignty.

Besides, the main reason I voted against this bill was because of the restrictions placed on political parties and platform writing.  This is a serious infringement of free speech rights.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 09:07:51 PM »

Nay.

I already explained my position on the free speech violations contained in this bill earlier in this thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies