The Miscellany Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:14:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Miscellany Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Miscellany Act  (Read 7013 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: November 21, 2004, 03:34:07 PM »
« edited: November 21, 2004, 04:00:06 PM by Senator John F. Kennedy, PPT »

Proposed at the request of Attorney General Peter Bell who e-mailed the act to me.

The Miscellany Act

Section 1: The Census

1. The provisions of this Section shall be considered to be carrying out the Constitutionally mandated Census prescribed in the Apportionment of States to Districts Amendment.

2. The Census shall be taken at noon on the first Friday of March, July and November of each year.

Section 2: Contiguity Borders

Since Hawaii and Alaska lack borders with other US States, they are considered to be contiguous for the purposes of redistricting in the following ways:

1. Alaska is contiguous to Hawaii
2. Alaska is contiguous to Washington
3. Hawaii is contiguous to California

Section 3: Party Platform Definition

For a Party to have a Party Platform under the Organised Parties Amendment, its submitted Party Platform shall meet the following criteria:

1. It shall be at least two hundred words in length.
2. It shall address general political issues or issues relevant to the circumstances of Atlasia.

Section 4: Numerical Definition

For the purposes of all statute, executive orders, judicial rulings and other official documents of the Atlasian government, the following shall be the standard definitions throughout Atlasia:

1. One Billion = 1,000,000,000
2. One Trillion = 1,000,000,000,000

JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 03:41:29 PM »

The only thing needing to be altered in this document is the second clause of section 1, it states the census shall be taken at noon, but not by which time zone. The question is, which time zone do we want? EST? GMT?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 03:44:12 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2004, 04:00:47 PM by Senator John F. Kennedy, PPT »

The Miscellany Act

Section 1: The Census

1. The provisions of this Section shall be considered to be carrying out the Constitutionally mandated Census prescribed in the Apportionment of States to Districts Amendment.

2. The Census shall be taken at noon Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday of March, July and November of each year.

Section 2: Contiguity Borders

Since Hawaii and Alaska lack borders with other US States, they are considered to be contiguous for the purposes of redistricting in the following ways:

1. Alaska is contiguous to Hawaii
2. Alaska is contiguous to Washington
3. Hawaii is contiguous to California

Section 3: Party Platform Definition

For a Party to have a Party Platform under the Organised Parties Amendment, its submitted Party Platform shall meet the following criteria:

1. It shall be at least two hundred words in length.
2. It shall address general political issues or issues relevant to the circumstances of Atlasia.

Section 4: Numerical Definition

For the purposes of all statute, executive orders, judicial rulings and other official documents of the Atlasian government, the following shall be the standard definitions throughout Atlasia:

1. One Billion = 1,000,000,000
2. One Trillion = 1,000,000,000,000

Changed to contain Eastern Standard Time so as to prevent a challenge in the courts of someone registering before noon Pacific Standard time but not Eastern.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 03:47:15 PM »

Should have just called it the anti-TexasGurl being a party act.
it would have passed unanimously!

All you'd have to do would be create a real party platform to get around this, besides, this isn't my creation, take it up with Peter if you are angry about it.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 05:17:08 AM »

I hereby open the voting on the amendment that Peter Bell has attached to this act by submitting it myself.

All please vote Yea or Nay (or abstain) on this amendment.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 02:06:20 PM »

I abstain.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 03:05:33 PM »

My reasoning behind this vote is that although the Metric system is far more sensible and comprehensible, I still like using Imperial measurements for things such as height and weight.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 02:41:17 PM »

With IrishDemocrat's vote the amendment has failed with 6 votes against to 1 in favour with 1 abstention.

Would all please now vote on the bill itself.

Yea
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 04:36:31 PM »

This bill now has five votes in favour to one opposed with one abstention meaning that this has passed.

I present this bill to the President to sign.

Votes will still be counted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies