What about George Bush did you most like and most dislike?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:57:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What about George Bush did you most like and most dislike?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What about George Bush did you most like and most dislike?  (Read 2087 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2024, 01:34:04 PM »

Like: The fact that he was a unifying figure around which the country could rally behind in times of crisis and his willingness to make democracy a global project

Dislike: Fanning the culture wars especially on gun control and environmentalism
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2024, 03:09:14 PM »

The fact that he was a unifying figure

Dislike: Fanning the culture wars

?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2024, 03:14:56 PM »

Why bumping such an old thread instead of creating a new one?

When comes to Dubya, there's a stark contrast between politics and the rest. Strongly dislike the politics. Aside from politics, he seems to be a pleasant and humorous guy with a talent for painting (he should have done this instead of running for office). I also like his Texan accent.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2024, 06:14:58 PM »

?

I like how you snipped out the other part of that post. After 9/11, he did unify the country, and I don’t think we would have that type of national unity, if such a tragedy happened today.
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2024, 06:20:43 PM »

Like: That time he told Petra Akwai "Now you're you"

Dislike: war criminal Sad
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2024, 07:18:29 PM »

?

I like how you snipped out the other part of that post. After 9/11, he did unify the country, and I don’t think we would have that type of national unity, if such a tragedy happened today.

If true, Bush is largely the reason for that.

Take it from someone who was actually walking the earth when this happened: he took that "national unity" and turned it into a nightmare decade of racism, jingoism and the cynical destruction of the middle class.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2024, 07:52:57 PM »

?

Take it from someone who was actually walking the earth when this happened: he took that "national unity" and turned it into a nightmare decade of racism, jingoism and the cynical destruction of the middle class.

Race relations arguably peaked in America from like 1998-2013 which means the Bush Presidency was the only presidency where race relations were at their peak throughout .

Also Bush made it clear multiple times that he supported being inclusive and condemned racism. The culture also was not racist either as I too grew up in that decade (though I was in 6th grade when Bush left office) and did not feel things were racist at all and when it comes to pop culture I find the criticism that shows like 24 were Islamophobic to be insane.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2024, 08:16:04 PM »

?

Race relations arguably peaked in America from like 1998-2013 which means the Bush Presidency was the only presidency where race relations were at their peak throughout .

Also Bush made it clear multiple times that he supported being inclusive and condemned racism. The culture also was not racist either as I too grew up in that decade (though I was in 6th grade when Bush left office) and did not feel things were racist at all and when it comes to pop culture I find the criticism that shows like 24 were Islamophobic to be insane.

That's your (incorrect) personal perception, but here in the real world the story is different. Muslims were scapegoated hard by Republicans and this was part of the fearmongering against Obama later on.
Also lol at you making the cutoff 2013. Race relations were better when people weren't complaining about police shootings.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2024, 01:28:22 AM »

Like: His personality. His outreach to Latino Americans. I think he is a good and decent man, just one that wasn't suited to the Presidency.

Dislike: Most of his policies, especially his foreign policy.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2024, 06:05:31 AM »

Like: His initial response to 9/11, his humor, his humanitarian work post presidency

Dislike: Lying to get us into a war we should’ve never fought, tax cuts and deregulation, abandoning the balance budget leading us to the deficit freefall, fueling the flames of Islamophobia even if that wasn’t his priority, abandoning the idea of compassionate conservatism.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2024, 06:51:40 AM »

Like: Pepfar
Dislike: that he was born
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2024, 07:15:04 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2024, 01:30:05 PM by darklordoftech »

Like: PEPFAR, his support for nuclear energy, that he renounced climate change denial and neoconservatism at the end of his Presidency, his liberalism on immigration, that he never race-baited after the 2000 primaries, that he never demonized video games

Dislike: His tax cuts, his "national security" and war policy, that he appointed Alito to the Supreme Court, that he appointed John Ashcroft to be Attorney General, that he lifted environmental regulations, that he pulled out of the Kyoto Protocol, the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, and the Agreed Framework with North Korea, that he inflamed tensions with Iran, that he allowed Cheney to suppress evidence that climate change was real, that he signed the Bankruptcy Act of 2005, No Child Left Behind, that he endorsed a Constitutional Amendment to ban same-sex marriage, that he banned federal funding for stem-cell research, that he appointed Mel Sembler to be Ambassador to Italy
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies