2012 Swing States (NC, VA, IN, CO, NV, MO, FL, NH) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:00:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2012 Swing States (NC, VA, IN, CO, NV, MO, FL, NH) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Swing States (NC, VA, IN, CO, NV, MO, FL, NH)  (Read 7262 times)
The Economist
Rookie
United States

« on: January 03, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »

To answer the original question, assuming the election is a nail biter, the better question is what states won’t emerge as swing states.

I’d put on the top of the list Michigan. Democratic every year since 1988, it has unions, the automakers are recovering, and I can’t see them voting for free trade Republicans when many blame free trade for their woes. It’d take a really good case to make to convince Michigan to vote GOP.

Minnesota and Iowa, sort of the same boat.

In a nailbiter election, Indiana and North Carolina will be the first states to return to the GOP. Obama had the resources to compete in both states and in a much closer election, they’re more likely to follow traditional patterns. And I don’t really believe either state would be close in 2012 if Obama is in a tight re-election struggle. Both are still light red states at worst (for the Republicans).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies