Cook releases first 2012 Gub. Ratings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:38:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cook releases first 2012 Gub. Ratings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cook releases first 2012 Gub. Ratings  (Read 4141 times)
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2010, 02:22:16 PM »

http://cookpolitical.com/governors

What do you think about the ratings?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »

Mississippi Likely D? Yeah, nice job guys.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »

...I saw that too. They'll probably change it in a few days...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »

I hope New Hampshire stays Democratic... but I doubt Lynch will run again and the Dems' bench just got raped there last month. Kuster is running for Congress again I bet, and Hodes and CSP are pretty damaged.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »

Kentucky is listed as "Leans Democratic." Nice.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »

I'm surprised you like Beshear?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »

I expect the Republicans will do pretty well in 2012... Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Washington are all prime targets. Only realistic pickup opportunity for the Dems is Indiana, and that's only if Bayh runs.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 06:42:30 PM »

Overall, he's a pretty decent Governor. But the real issue isn't my opinion of Beshear, it's that Cook is apparently ignoring his 58% approval rating and massive lead in most polls.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »

They have MS at Likely R now. I guess the Likely D was a mistake.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »

I expect the Republicans will do pretty well in 2012... Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Washington are all prime targets. Only realistic pickup opportunity for the Dems is Indiana, and that's only if Bayh runs.

Bayh is probably too hated with Democrats to be electable anymore. He did after all cost them a senate seat out of selfishness.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »

Bayh is probably too hated with Democrats to be electable anymore. He did after all cost them a senate seat out of selfishness.
Nah, he's the most electable Dem they have. I kind of doubt anyone would even challenge him in a primary if he ran for Governor.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »

Indiana will only be a toss-up if Bayh runs, and will still probably be favored Republican, since we have a pretty strong bench here. Hoosier's like Daniels, and want to see his policies continued.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 11:32:43 PM »

Indiana will only be a toss-up if Bayh runs, and will still probably be favored Republican, since we have a pretty strong bench here. Hoosier's like Daniels, and want to see his policies continued.

Ah, memories of 2006. When above the lowest low of Taft and Murkowski approvals (in the teens) you had Blunt, Fletcher and Daniels in the 30's. Amazing that Daniels managed to survive and is now a potential Presidential candidate when he looked DOA in 2008 for reelection more or less a serious a run for President.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 07:49:45 AM »

Ah, memories of 2006. When above the lowest low of Taft and Murkowski approvals (in the teens) you had Blunt, Fletcher and Daniels in the 30's. Amazing that Daniels managed to survive and is now a potential Presidential candidate when he looked DOA in 2008 for reelection more or less a serious a run for President.

It's also incredible that Blunt's father won by 13 points...

Things change quickly. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »

Missouri should be at least "Lean D".
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »

...I saw that too. They'll probably change it in a few days...

They changed it to Likely R but I can't believe they ever put it at Likely D. 
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 09:57:07 PM »

Nah, he's the most electable Dem they have. I kind of doubt anyone would even challenge him in a primary if he ran for Governor.

Well judging that since Joe Donnelly didn't chicken out of running for reelection like Bayh did, and actually won against a prominent and well-funded Republican in a swing district, I would say he is a better candidate for Democrats to run.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 06:16:22 PM »

I expect the Republicans will do pretty well in 2012... Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Washington are all p
rime targets. Only realistic pickup opportunity for the Dems is Indiana, and that's only if Bayh runs.

Well judging that since Joe Donnelly didn't chicken out of running for reelection like Bayh did, and actually won against a prominent and well-funded Republican in a swing district, I would say he is a better candidate for Democrats to run.

"Silent" Joe Donnelly only won by 2,700 votes. It's rather likely that he'll lose the seat in 2012 to that well funded Republican. Her grassroots people (I'm of them) are just waiting to see if she does. I'm just saying that Jackie Walorski will be back.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »

I expect the Republicans will do pretty well in 2012... Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Washington are all p
rime targets. Only realistic pickup opportunity for the Dems is Indiana, and that's only if Bayh runs.

"Silent" Joe Donnelly only won by 2,700 votes. It's rather likely that he'll lose the seat in 2012 to that well funded Republican. Her grassroots people (I'm of them) are just waiting to see if she does. I'm just saying that Jackie Walorski will be back.

I hope she is too since she was a fantastic candidate that should have won against him. I was saying Donnelly would probably be the most electable candidate Democrats could put forward in Indiana right now.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 02:08:26 PM »

Yes, and that's a very safe estimate too.  

It's very unlikely that Nixon can lose with a +16% approval spread, which he currently holds.  Wink
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 02:09:58 PM »

Yes, and that's a very safe estimate too.  

It's very unlikely that Nixon can lose with a +16% approval spread, which he currently holds.  Wink

On top of that, it's unlikely for things to get any worse for his party. 
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 12:42:37 AM »

I would honestly bump Washington down from Likely D to Toss-up. Maybe Lean D.

McKenna will be the Republican candidate in 2012, and he will be formidable...
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 03:59:33 AM »

I would honestly bump Washington down from Likely D to Toss-up. Maybe Lean D.

McKenna will be the Republican candidate in 2012, and he will be formidable...

I would say Toss up/ Leans Republican. The man has a proven ability to rack up heavy margins in King County.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies