Will this Berlusconi government finally collapse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:08:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will this Berlusconi government finally collapse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: There is a confidence vote scheduled for December 14th. Will the Berlusconi government finally fall?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Will this Berlusconi government finally collapse?  (Read 5856 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 05, 2010, 12:37:47 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-scene-is-now-set-for-the-fall-of-silvio-berlusconi-2151583.html

It looks like it will finally happen. Fini's group will be with the Left on this one. 317 members have indicated that they will vote for the no confidence motion.

Berlusconi needs to find ten members to change their mind and abstain or he's done. His last ditch effort is trying to solve the trash crisis in Naples again. If he can accomplish that within nine days, he can certainly survive. I'll never totally write him off but it's not looking good for him.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:01:26 AM »

"Back?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:13:22 AM »

Italy without Berlusconi makes me sad! Cry I can't picture the country without its cocky, corrupt, womanizing leader!

He's been out of power before. He'll be back.

For a fourth stint? At his age? Somehow I doubt that...

You never know with Berlusconi/Italy...

But, yeah, I think it would be the end this time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:08:27 PM »

Wow, you never thought you'd see the day when Keystone Phil has given up on Silvio Berlusconi

Sometimes you have to burn a village in order to save it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 11:54:47 PM »

The Independent just can't contain its joy - http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/peter-popham/peter-popham-the-last-days-of-silvio-berlusconi-2152076.html

Second article within a day.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 09:36:57 AM »

the left alone and all its ideology will never be back in power, at least alone. Just consider that even the third center coalition is made of conservative parties too.

Yeah, the Italian Left is great. Not sure if it's possible to be any more incompetent than that team. In the midst of this crisis, they either continue to trail or barely lead in the polls. Beautiful!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »

Italy without Berlusconi makes me sad! Cry I can't picture the country without its cocky, corrupt, womanizing leader!

He's been out of power before. He'll be back.

For a fourth stint? At his age? Somehow I doubt that...

He announced once he'll live 120 years, NiK.

He probably will...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 04:31:03 AM »

Yeah, I heard about this. Please remember that I want him to lose this but I have to say that of course he'll be accused of doing this. It doesn't matter even if it isn't remotely true; it will always be said and believed by a good amount of people.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 04:53:48 AM »

Yeah, I heard about this. Please remember that I want him to lose this but I have to say that of course he'll be accused of doing this. It doesn't matter even if it isn't remotely true; it will always be said and believed by a good amount of people.

With Berlusconi, presumption of guilt is always the right thing to do.

I figured I'd get that response.  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »

One day away.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »

Only in Italy - http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-italy-berlusconi-20101214,0,6384741.story
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 07:25:10 AM »

I heard it's basically over and in Berlusconi's favor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 07:36:22 AM »

I'm being told by someone that despises the guy that he has it won. Should get the final tally any minute now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 07:44:12 AM »

Survived
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 07:50:05 AM »

314 - 311

Landslide Silvio
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 07:53:54 AM »

Yeah, there was one of the FLI members that unexpectedly flipped to Berlusconi.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »

Yeah, there was one of the FLI members that unexpectedly flipped to Berlusconi.

I wonder how much did it cost Berlusconi. Moneywise, I mean.

Probably pennies compared to his fortune.  Tongue

Whether it's right or not, at this rate, the opposition should probably just wait until he leaves on his own. If Berlusconi wasn't beaten now, I don't see how it could ever happen.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »

4 people who were elected with center-left parties (two from Di Pietro's,the most Anti-Berlusconi party in Italy) suddenly decided to change idea and vote FOR Berlusconi,not even to abstain (if they had,the no-confidence would have won).

Just goes to show you how much of a joke IdV is.

Gianfranco Fini and his cronies are useless pussies

Uh, they had a lot of guts to do what they did. Take your complaint up with the members mentioned above. Two members of the IdV voted with Berlusconi. How the hell does that happen? The whole purpose of the party is to bash Berlusconi at every turn.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, of course!

You know I was with you on this vote so don't blame me for bias when I ask: why is he a troll? Because he likes Berlusconi? Or do you know the guy?

With all due respect, haven't elections been "close" for about a year now?

Just looked it up. 60% of Argentines are of Italian descent. Learn something new everyday Grin

Wow. I never knew that either. I have family there myself.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »

Riots in Rome.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 08:45:41 PM »

314-311 isn't exactly a comfortable margin ... 2 votes, that's all that needed to cross over to dump him. If the unrest gets worse, I can see another vote soon.

Sure it isn't comfortable but for him to even survive at this point was a miracle. Plus, he was able to convince four members from parties that despise him to not abstain but to actually vote for him.

He'll have a trick up his sleeve whenever the next vote comes along.

He's a troll because in the midst of a discussion he posted "Silvio rulez!!!!",which obviously is about as close to a discussion as you can expect from a Berlusconi supporter.

Sour grapes, man.  Tongue  You'd be jumping up and down if it was the other way. A friend of mine on Facebook went on to call Fini a traitor and praise Bossi. Let them have their moment.

They pulled off an amazing feat and before people whine about how it was a corrupted result, just remember the four people that made this happen. IdV and PD are jokes. You ought to be embarrassed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies