Will this Berlusconi government finally collapse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:33:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will this Berlusconi government finally collapse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: There is a confidence vote scheduled for December 14th. Will the Berlusconi government finally fall?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Will this Berlusconi government finally collapse?  (Read 5861 times)
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« on: December 06, 2010, 08:58:50 AM »

Well, firstable, it's not sure if they will have the gut to remove him because the only alternative would be a government with Fini's postfascists and the left, and for Fini it would be a terrible image he would give to the country, and in any case what makes me happy is that with this situation the left alone and all its ideology will never be back in power, at least alone. Just consider that even the third center coalition is made of conservative parties too.
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:41:03 AM »

Yeah, I heard about this. Please remember that I want him to lose this but I have to say that of course he'll be accused of doing this. It doesn't matter even if it isn't remotely true; it will always be said and believed by a good amount of people.

With Berlusconi, presumption of guilt is always the right thing to do.

Many MPs in the past abandoned Berlusconi and sided the left, and nobody said they were paid. Only the opposite shift should be corruption? ridicoulous
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »

Yeah, I heard about this. Please remember that I want him to lose this but I have to say that of course he'll be accused of doing this. It doesn't matter even if it isn't remotely true; it will always be said and believed by a good amount of people.

With Berlusconi, presumption of guilt is always the right thing to do.

Many MPs in the past abandoned Berlusconi and sided the left, and nobody said they were paid. Only the opposite shift should be corruption? ridicoulous
Did they also switch parties in such a critical position?

In 2007 Follini, former leader of centrist Berluscony ally party, swithed position in the Senate, where Prodi had only 1 vote majority ensuring a stronger majority in this way.
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 09:40:40 AM »

Silvio rulez!!!
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 03:40:02 AM »

4 people who were elected with center-left parties (two from Di Pietro's,the most Anti-Berlusconi party in Italy) suddenly decided to change idea and vote FOR Berlusconi,not even to abstain (if they had,the no-confidence would have won).

Just goes to show you how much of a joke IdV is.

Gianfranco Fini and his cronies are useless pussies

Uh, they had a lot of guts to do what they did. Take your complaint up with the members mentioned above. Two members of the IdV voted with Berlusconi. How the hell does that happen? The whole purpose of the party is to bash Berlusconi at every turn.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, of course!

You know I was with you on this vote so don't blame me for bias when I ask: why is he a troll? Because he likes Berlusconi? Or do you know the guy?

With all due respect, haven't elections been "close" for about a year now?

Just looked it up. 60% of Argentines are of Italian descent. Learn something new everyday Grin

Wow. I never knew that either. I have family there myself.

He's a troll because in the midst of a discussion he posted "Silvio rulez!!!!",which obviously is about as close to a discussion as you can expect from a Berlusconi supporter.

I was very in a hurry. The simple reality is that this kind of change of scenario can take place only when there is a real alternative, a government ready to  substitute Berlusconi. Nothing similar existed. you can't say: "let's kick him out and then.. we'll see".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies