Populares Convention, Dec. 2010
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:07:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Populares Convention, Dec. 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Populares Convention, Dec. 2010  (Read 8545 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »

I figure this is probably the appropriate thread to do this.

Everybody knows what went on yesterday - I do not feel the need to explain it. Some may have noticed I was a bit lagging in my response as Chairman, but this was intentional. Most of us had been acting on impulse yesterday (which somewhat caused this mess) and were being rash; some of us potentially saying things we did not mean, or that we regret. The best option was to hold out, let the dust settle, and allow cooler heads to prevail, rather than letting our emotions get the best of us.

The RPP placed a lot of trust in letting one of our members have access to their private board. This was for the sake of transparency, so we would always know what was being said about us behind closed doors (or rather, open ones.) In turn, we were able to read some less-than-flattering things said about certain Popularis, and the beholders took it too far in their response.

Many in the RPP are angry at the moment, and justifiably so - a lot of trust has been violated. I must express gratitude to those that do not view this as a stain on the Populares as a whole, but it will take some time to repair the damage that has been done, and the disunity that has been fostered.

I think we can all agree, however, that people make mistakes. I myself have done some rather foolish or harmful things, even in Atlasia, but people have been willing to overlook those things and give a chance for repentence. I encourage those involved to stay in Atlasia, rebuild their credibility, and most importantly: apologize to those they have wronged.

Now, wormyguy has resigned his leadership position in light of recent events. I am sure that the Deputy Whip takes the reigns in his stead, but if this is not the case then I appoint NiK as Whip - it is his prerogative as to whom he selects as Deputy Whip.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »

Sometimes just letting the events play out is the only option and at other times when others are available it is best to let things unfold and not jump in immediately. It takes leadership and judgement, I think Dallasfan made the right decision in that regard.

I agree that when mistakes are made there are two bad paths to take, one is to ignore reality and be arrogant and obnoxious, and the other is to self-destructive and rip one's self assunder. The best approach is to admit mistakes, apologize to those you have wronged and then move on with the lessons firmly in place in one's mind going further to avoid repeting it again. In such a situation, I can see no legitimate reason for anyone to not forgive one's transgressions.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »

Sometimes just letting the events play out is the only option and at other times when others are available it is best to let things unfold and not jump in immediately. It takes leadership and judgement, I think Dallasfan made the right decision in that regard.

I agree that when mistakes are made there are two bad paths to take, one is to ignore reality and be arrogant and obnoxious, and the other is to self-destructive and rip one's self assunder. The best approach is to admit mistakes, apologize to those you have wronged and then move on with the lessons firmly in place in one's mind going further to avoid repeting it again. In such a situation, I can see no legitimate reason for anyone to not forgive one's transgressions.

Summed it up pretty well, Yank.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 06:35:15 PM »

Can someone PM me with what happened? Stupid work has kept me away from this place for most of the weekend, and I feel like I havent been here in years.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 07:38:59 PM »

I accept the role of Whip, if I must. I'll try my best.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2010, 11:47:58 PM »

Recently, there have been suspicions cast upon a certain member of Atlasia - one that is very well respected, infact.

As somebody whom has witnessed this first-hand (and to our own party to boot) I ask that my fellow party members exercise caution and restraint - how mad were we getting, several months ago, when this was happening to us?

Thus, unless there is some concrete proof, I ask everybody to cease promptly.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2010, 12:07:41 AM »

Recently, there have been suspicions cast upon a certain member of Atlasia - one that is very well respected, infact.

As somebody whom has witnessed this first-hand (and to our own party to boot) I ask that my fellow party members exercise caution and restraint - how mad were we getting, several months ago, when this was happening to us?

What are you talking about? What am I missing here?
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2010, 12:25:29 AM »

So apparently you guys are talking about me.  I don't even know where to begin.  I am not this Hamilton guy.  This accusation is about "similarities." Well whoever is making these accusations.  Stand up and show your reasons.  Right now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2010, 12:55:49 AM »

Guys, Junkie is not Hamilton. Let's knock it off with the baseless accusations. I don't know what "proof" wormguy has, but I can assure you my proof is better. Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2010, 12:59:40 AM »

So apparently you guys are talking about me.  I don't even know where to begin.  I am not this Hamilton guy.  This accusation is about "similarities." Well whoever is making these accusations.  Stand up and show your reasons.  Right now.

don't worry, not many people are buying it - i guess a couple people have a hard time believing someone relatively new to Atlasia could be so effective at it. from what i can tell, the person(s) behind this theory were actually kinda fans of Hamilton, so maybe you can take it as a rather misguided compliment.
anyway, you got a third or fourth preference from most of our party in your recent Senate race, so hopefully this wont cause any damage in relations between you and us working together.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2010, 01:01:45 AM »

don't worry, not many people are buying it - i guess a couple people have a hard time believing someone relatively new to Atlasia could be so effective at it. from what i can tell, the person(s) behind this theory were actually kinda fans of Hamilton, so maybe you can take it as a rather misguided compliment.
anyway, you got a third or fourth preference from most of our party in your recent Senate race, so hopefully this wont cause any damage in relations between you and us working together.

It simply isn't true. This is another ploy by wormguy to stir s**t up. Ignore the fool. We KNOW Junkie isn't Hamilton. It's impossible. It's disgusting he's trying to drag him down.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2010, 01:21:53 AM »

Guys, WHAT THE FUCK?

I am gone for a few days and this kind of drama shitstorm occurs?
And now yet another sock accusation?
Against Junkie of all people?
What the fuck wormy?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2010, 01:23:55 AM »

Yes... Duke has also notified me (and given proof!) that Junkie is kosher.

Anybody propagating these rumors ought to stop immediately.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »

It simply isn't true. This is another ploy by wormguy to stir s**t up. Ignore the fool. We KNOW Junkie isn't Hamilton. It's impossible. It's disgusting he's trying to drag him down.

*sigh*

obviously Junkie isn't Hamilton. that is implied in the premise of everything i just said. i don't see why you feel the need to quote me just to talk as if i had said anything different. also i don't think this board is an appropriate place for anyone to judge intentions harshly or call names.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2010, 01:29:04 AM »

Alright, everybody cease before more bad blood is bred... or this thread shall be locked.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2010, 01:29:14 AM »

*sigh*

obviously Junkie isn't Hamilton. that is implied in the premise of everything i just said. i don't see why you feel the need to quote me just to talk as if i had said anything different. also i don't think this board is an appropriate place for anyone to judge intentions harshly or call names.

I'm not directing my comments at you. Don't worry.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2010, 02:19:27 AM »

Where in the thread are these comments about Hamilton? Anyway, should we get back to policy issues?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2010, 02:29:48 AM »

Where in the thread are these comments about Hamilton? Anyway, should we get back to policy issues?

they're in some other thread

policy issues? sounds good -  what's on your mind?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2010, 02:57:13 AM »

they're in some other thread

policy issues? sounds good -  what's on your mind?

Well fiscally how is the state of the nation? Should we discuss changing our economic policies?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2010, 05:34:56 PM »

Well fiscally how is the state of the nation? Should we discuss changing our economic policies?

things are in pretty bad shape, and going downhill. the Senate is working on a huge "stimulus" bill right now, which from what i can tell is just going to mean going further into debt for a bunch of pet projects from the various regions, with only a little real short-term stimulus. also we need to be wary of moves from some quarters toward economic protectionism, which could prove disastrous at this stage.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2010, 09:01:54 PM by Dallasfan65 »

Proposed by-law:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I will be giving some time for review, and then commence a 24 hour vote.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »

I wasn't aware the parties could replace Senators?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2010, 08:55:20 PM »

I wasn't aware the parties could replace Senators?

New law passed by the Senate.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2010, 08:57:15 PM »

It's actually six weeks left of the term (not the election), IIRC.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »

It's actually six weeks left of the term (not the election), IIRC.

I just looked it up - you're correct. I'll fix that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies