PPP: Obama leads Rubio by 11, Palin by 9, Gingrich by 6, Huck by 3, Romney by 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:14:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP: Obama leads Rubio by 11, Palin by 9, Gingrich by 6, Huck by 3, Romney by 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: PPP: Obama leads Rubio by 11, Palin by 9, Gingrich by 6, Huck by 3, Romney by 1  (Read 7336 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2010, 02:01:09 AM »

I'm happy to see you admitting that there is politicking involved in the prosecution of elected officials (Don Siegelman anyone?).

Uh...what I was saying was there is politics involved in who becomes U.S. Attorney and you've conveniently ignored that Menendez got to suggest Christie's replacement to the President.
Now of course you believe that it's only the dastardly Democrats who do such a thing while Christie was a paradigm of ethics, but it's a start nonetheless.

That was an absolutely brutal twisting of my words, by the way.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Correct and Harris didn't face a single serious challenger in that primary so I'll say again that it was clear that Katherine Harris was the alternative to Bill Nelson.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2010, 02:09:51 AM »

Correct and Harris didn't face a single serious challenger in that primary so I'll say again that it was clear that Katherine Harris was the alternative to Bill Nelson.

And Sharron Angle was the alternative this year but Reid's numbers still remained in the gutter.
Nelson might never have been uber-popular but he was a serviceable senator. And that kind of Democrat would never lose in a year like 2006.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2010, 02:16:04 AM »

And Sharron Angle was the alternative this year but Reid's numbers still remained in the gutter.
Nelson might never have been uber-popular but he was a serviceable senator. And that kind of Democrat would never lose in a year like 2006.

Angle was seen as a nutcase (like Harris) and her total failure of a campaign has been exposed. Assuming  perception of Rubio would be the same as it is now, he wouldn't have had those problems.

Here's where I'll concede a point that will end this entire argument: I just remembered that Rubio wasn't even elected Speaker until the end of 2006. Not to say that he definitely couldn't have beaten Harris in a primary but he wasn't seen as that much of a star at that point.

Maybe he should have just run for Governor in 2006...  Wink
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2010, 02:29:12 AM »

Angle was seen as a nutcase (like Harris) and her total failure of a campaign has been exposed. Assuming  perception of Rubio would be the same as it is now, he wouldn't have had those problems.

My point was that even with an opponent as crazy as Angle, Reid's favorability and approval numbers didn't improve at all.
So trying to say that Floridians saw Nelson favorably just because his opponent was Harris simply doesn't make sense.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2010, 03:23:07 AM »

My point was that even with an opponent as crazy as Angle, Reid's favorability and approval numbers didn't improve at all.

Fair enough. Then again, do we know how accurate those ratings are since polling is apparently inaccurate in Nevada? For all we know, Reid could have had ratings in the mid 40s as well.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2010, 01:56:23 PM »

The Rubio poll is meaningless since he has such low name recognition nationwide at the current time.  I suspect if he were to actually run and win the primary the #s would be a whole lot closer, maybe even with him leading.

Sadly for the Republicans, I don't think he'll run until at least 2016.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.77, S: -4.52

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2010, 06:01:25 PM by albaleman »

"Do you think Sarah Palin could defeat Barack Obama if she ran for president in 2012?"
28% say yes
60% say no

(Among Republicans, 48% say yes, 37% say no.)

WOW... talk about being in denial!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »

PPP national poll:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_1129.pdf

Obama 48%
Huckabee 45%

Obama 51%
Palin 42%

Obama 49%
Gingrich 43%

Obama 47%
Romney 46%

Obama 48%
Rubio 37%

3-way race with Bloomberg:

Obama 44%
Romney 38%
Bloomberg 11%

"Do you think Sarah Palin could defeat Barack Obama if she ran for president in 2012?"
28% say yes
60% say no

(Among Republicans, 48% say yes, 37% say no.)

These numbers show that Romney could defeat Obama in a two way race.

Bloomberg will not be a candidate.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »

PPP national poll:
3-way race with Bloomberg:

Obama 44%
Romney 38%
Bloomberg 11%

Just in case we wanted to choose between 3 total pawns of Wall Street.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies