Is Obama destined to lose reelection?

(1/15) > >>

Kevin:
Is President Obama destined to lose reelection in 2012 and drag the Democratic Party's prospects down with him? I'm asking this question because even though there is a strong chance that Obama can pull what Clinton did after the 1994 midterm's and rebuild his political fortunes, he is facing much more daunting prospects then his Democratic predecessor did in the 1990's, As the current economic situation is very dire and appears to becoming even more so by the month, and predictions for the future aren't rosy ether as in 2011 the economic and financial situation in the US and abroad is predicted to be even worse with more bailouts here and in Europe, along the increasing possibility of double-dip recession and further shrinkage within the real estate market. Which to be fair alot of isn't his fault, as much of the recent turmoil is driven by economic events beyond US borders, and the fact that he inherited this crisis(even though he hasn't made it any better, if not worse)

Going on this I'm starting to believe that Obama will lose reelection in 2012 for the reasons I listed above, and that any Republican barring Palin or maybe Gingrich would beat him.

I now this sounds rash ad hackish to some to say this, this is just what my intuition is telling me.

Mr.Phips:
It all depends on the economy.  If Obama can get unemployment below 8% by June 2012, he will probably win reelection.  I say June because that is usually when opinions harden about a bad economy.  A strong third quarter and declining unemployment after June 1992 didnt help Bush 41 at all. 

Beet:
My intuition tells me Obama will lose re-election.

Poundingtherock:
No, he is not destined to lose.

It's hilarious that this is coming from a Mark Kirk supporter, one of the biggest political hacks and outrageous liars to run for office. And I'm a pretty conservative guy as well.  I don't care whether you are a republican or democrat but anyone who lies about his or her military service like Kirk did should be shunned completely.  Even though Alexi was worse, that so many Republicans blindly supported this fool suggests to me that this party has some issues.

tpfkaw:
Yes.  Unemployment will still be above 9% in November 2012.  However, Palin might make it close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page