VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:24:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans  (Read 11447 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« on: November 16, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »

Jeez, and here's me thinking that the Obama presidency was dead, since the media told me it was.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:59:33 PM »

I suppose one reason Obama may be doing better in VA is that its economy is one of the top 2-3 states in the country.

I had that thought, too. Outside of states with good economies because they have a) grain b) oil, or c) both (hi, ND), it's the states with the highest levels of educational attainment that are weathering the recession best. We'd expect to see similar leans in Colorado, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and possibly Maryland.

Well, of course MA and MD are too solid to be of much interest in judging where things are going, but we did just see Colorado turn in some surprisingly Democratic-friendly results in the recent election.

Actually according to this map Colorado and Virginia aren't in that great a shape, but I guess its all relative:

North Dakota    lol

That's why Hoeven's just been elected in what may as well have been unopposed circumstances.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies