VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:06:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans  (Read 11404 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: November 16, 2010, 10:23:38 PM »

I have a real hard time believing Obama's approval rating could be 50%.

In the Congressional elections, GOP candidates got total around 54% of the vote to Democrats 42%. And that is with the losses of Nye and Boucher, two of the most fiscally conservative Democrats in the House who would barely admit to being Democrats, and Connolly narrowly winning by opposing Obama on taxes.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »

I have a real hard time believing Obama's approval rating could be 50%.

In the Congressional elections, GOP candidates got total around 54% of the vote to Democrats 42%. And that is with the losses of Nye and Boucher, two of the most fiscally conservative Democrats in the House who would barely admit to being Democrats, and Connolly narrowly winning by opposing Obama on taxes.

All of the congressional districts that changed hands are to the right of the state as a whole.  I think that is important to remember before drawing too many conclusions from this month's elections.  I do agree that Obama at 50% is suspect, but he doesn't need a majority in any of those districts to win the state.

sure, the 9th is substantially to the right, the 2nd and 5th are slightly to the right. the 11th, which almost switched hands, is slightly to the left. my point in bringing up the Congressional races was that, when you total up every vote from every district and split them by party, the Republicans had a 12-point lead - which suggests something significant in terms of public opinion in Virginia even with a district set-up that benefits the GOP.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »

There is also a good bit of evidence that VA may particularly like Obama relative to generic Democratic politicians.

I have seen no evidence suggesting that Obama is more popular than the local Democrats who were defeated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies