VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:39:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-PPP: Obama (D) easily defeats all Republicans  (Read 11420 times)
Whacker77

« on: November 16, 2010, 06:06:19 PM »

The top line numbers tell a terrible story for the top tier Republican duds.  The apporval numbers tell a true horror story for the party.  None of the top tier guys is well liked.  If any of them win, Obama wins the general in a cake walk.

The Republicans must go to the next group of candidates.  Romney, Palin, Huckabee, and Newt are toxic.  It's time to consider McDonnell, Christie, Thune, Barbour, Daniels, Jeb, and even Huntsman.  The 2010 elections told us voter want new faces, not the 2008 crap.

Personally, I think Jeb wins the general quite easily if he runs.  I know the case for Bush fatigue or the dynasty, but I believe he wins easily.  I think Barbour COULD win due to his fund raising ability and his political skills.  I don't know if he plays well west of the Mississippi though.  I also think Thune COULD win, but I don't know if he can raise the money.  If he can beat Daschle, who knows.
Whacker77

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 10:58:16 AM »

No matter how precise this poll is, it still tells you that the current GOP frontrunners are damaged goods, some of them hopelessly.

Couldn't have put it better myself.  Any of the top four candidates are certain general election losers.  They only appeal to portions of the Republican party and drive Independents away in the general.

I think Romney has a better shot than the others, but that's not saying much.  Better to go with the new faces like Thune and Barbour.  If Jeb Bush is looking at these polls, he would see he has a clear and easy path to the nomination because the field is so weak.  This is two cycles in a row now.

I honestly think Newt and Palin are on electoral suicide missions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies