The Census Bureau of Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:19:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Census Bureau of Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Census Bureau of Atlasia  (Read 41899 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 12, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »

The IDS has surged into third place in registration numbers, despite being the only region where the biggest party comprises less than 1/3rd of all voters. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 04:24:13 PM »

Half of whom are already established members with lengthy histories in Atlasia & a fourth of whom has been posting on the forum for ten months now, albeit at a rather leisurely pace. I thought that such was an acceptable mode of recruitment.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:23:49 AM »

I've no problem with any of the recruits save for the freak who fakes brain tumors for attention. The only thing I think is worth pointing out is the obvious. If they were JCP or UDL members, you wouldn't be cheering them on. If they joined the Populares, Rowan wouldn't be defending them. The more members the better, so long as they hopefully turn out as productive and useful members of the game.

True, though I also don't think any of us would be rolling our eyes were the JCP the party that saw a windfall of new members. I think the issue is that some of us saw that comment as unsportsmanlike.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 09:20:03 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2010, 09:22:19 PM by Emperor PiT »

I've no problem with any of the recruits save for the freak who fakes brain tumors for attention. The only thing I think is worth pointing out is the obvious. If they were JCP or UDL members, you wouldn't be cheering them on. If they joined the Populares, Rowan wouldn't be defending them. The more members the better, so long as they hopefully turn out as productive and useful members of the game.

True, though I also don't think any of us would be rolling our eyes were the JCP the party that saw a windfall of new members. I think the issue is that some of us saw that comment as unsportsmanlike.

I would! I resent your remark.

I was primarily referring to RPP members there, though I will admit that it was rather unclear. Tongue Roll away!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »

The deadline is actually midnight tonight, since that would be one week before the earliest possible time to begin the election.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »

Damn, the left has lost a lot of ground in the last 2 months...

Perhaps you missed the nose dive that the Populares just suffered (like 5 or 6). A decline which will not be slowing until the number of Populares members equals the number of active Populares voters.

True, but RPP/POP is at +1 whereas JCP/UDL is at -6 in net change between the elections. I think that is what he is referring to.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 02:33:50 AM »

I respectfully disagree. Every time Atlasia comes close to such a thing, one of the sides splinters. This time around, we were heading to a two party state with the RPP/POP unity ticket, but the left split (seemingly irrevocably) ending any hopes/worries of the two party system.

If you look at the Northeast, you'll notice that the RPP/POP alliance is rather uneasy on some levels. We united to elect a ticket to the White House, but we are not quite the single party we may appear to be.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »

I respectfully disagree. Every time Atlasia comes close to such a thing, one of the sides splinters. This time around, we were heading to a two party state with the RPP/POP unity ticket, but the left split (seemingly irrevocably) ending any hopes/worries of the two party system.

If you look at the Northeast, you'll notice that the RPP/POP alliance is rather uneasy on some levels. We united to elect a ticket to the White House, but we are not quite the single party we may appear to be.

That may be true, but you are heading toward unity, rather than away from it. An any given time, one side is splintering or has already splintered.

Largely because the respective parties have become less splinter-prone with time. The RPP & the POP are certainly no more unified with each other than they were four months ago.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 07:53:04 PM »

And here's a rough measure of ideology! I'm not taking into account minor parties, independent voters, or intraparty political differences, just combining the percentages of the two leftist parties and the two rightist parties.

Northeast: 48.7% rightist, 35.9% leftist
Mideast: 50.0% rightist, 25.0% leftist
Southeast: 54.2% rightist, 20.9% leftist
Midwest: 69.6% leftist, 13.0% rightist
Pacific: 56.0% leftist, 24% rightist
National: 40.3% leftist, 39.6% rightist

Interestingly, the partisan difference is bigger in the South than it is in the Pacific.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 08:50:39 PM »

And here's a rough measure of ideology! I'm not taking into account minor parties, independent voters, or intraparty political differences, just combining the percentages of the two leftist parties and the two rightist parties.

Northeast: 48.7% rightist, 35.9% leftist
Mideast: 50.0% rightist, 25.0% leftist
Southeast: 54.2% rightist, 20.9% leftist
Midwest: 69.6% leftist, 13.0% rightist
Pacific: 56.0% leftist, 24% rightist
National: 40.3% leftist, 39.6% rightist

Interestingly, the partisan difference is bigger in the South than it is in the Pacific.
But yet the South is the most Independent region in Atlasia.

It also has the lowest rate of minor party membership. Independents+others is the same in the South & Mideast, making up a quarter of all voters.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »

Wow, that's harsh.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »

It's been a month and a half-since the last registration update.  When was Hans supposed to be back?

Today, evidently:

Congratulations for ther win Smiley

I have asked Hans to stay on as Registrar-General

I like to be as RG for your term Smiley. The only problem is, that I can't make a update of the voter list before July 29. I have a very long vacation. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »

For once the IDS did not get disproportionately shafted in the citizen-bumping department.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies