Proposal.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:43:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposal.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Proposal.  (Read 4652 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:09 PM »

Also, I don't think anyone is going to call BK a villain in this game. He's one of my closest friends here. But in a purely non-partisan decision based on the evidence at hand, the choice in my mind was clear.

Candidate 1: Former PPT, did a fine job and revolutionized the VP spot, but recently was nearly expelled for inactivity in the Senate after missing several votes.

Candidate 2: Current PPT, has done more than an adequate job in motivating an unusually lazy Senate, always sends vote PMs, motivates and presents bills in a non-partisan fashion.

In that scenario, it would make no sense at all to fire candidate 2 from his job. But really, both men are highly qualified for the position. I just hope that, if BK does run into spots where he may be inactive, he lets someone know or resigns, because instead of missing a vote, the whole Senate will come to a standstill.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 03:15:18 PM »

The problem is, Mr Vice President is that you come across as someone who has no idea what to do with the position you hold. In less than 24hours you've tried to tell the AG how to do his job and left the Senate in a precarious position by voting for an unfortunately inactive Senator over someone who actually stopped the Senate from being at a standstill during the last session.

Realx, take stock, learn from mistakes and don't fall into personal squabbles (and I am a bit disgruntled that you name checked me during them). You've got four months ahead.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »

Actually, I'm really tired with people, some of whom I considered friend, getting mad over some internet game stuff and using me like punching bag. I come to this game to be active and contribute, instead, I now find myself in agreement in Xahar, that this game is simply not worth of losing my RL hours, while I should probably study right now for tommorow exam, and have nerves over petty hacks. I really feel dissapointed that after all that was I was named key villain of the game and almost some boogeyman.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »

I'm the one people are literally yelling at on AIM

People really do that over Fantasyland? Damn.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 03:55:50 PM »

Wow... really?

There is now a voice of opposition in the Senate. Someone who is going to just say they are unhappy with something, and all this is going to happen? Does anyone actually think that all of this makes me happy? I consider Kal to be a friend, and now he is talking about resigning (which I hope he doesnt), and everything is just out of control.

I got so much crap from people talking about how horrible an administration I would have. That it was evil and wrong for a POP member to be in the Presidency, and how it is crucial for the JCP to win over me... and that was the only way to keep Atlasia from crumbling. I was told that the machine was going to get Duke and I elected.  What machine was that? Is it the same one that has kept the JCP in the Presidency or Vice Presidency since March of 2008, with the exception of 4 months?

By the end of this administration, it will have been nearly 3 years of the JCP being in control of Atlasia. At this point, why the hell do some people think its wrong for me to be bringing up these problems? For whatver happens, I'm not sorry. I'm not a sore loser. I'm okay not being President. I'm fine with serving out the rest of this term. I'm not okay with being called the bad guy for an entire run for the Presidency, and than being the bad guy again for fighting what I was against.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »

How does one "literally yell" over AIM?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 04:03:59 PM »

It's been a grand total of one week, folks. Chill the f out.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »

No
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 04:10:40 PM »

Pretty much. I would have preferred that NC Yankee remain on as PPT, but it ultimately comes under the heading of a big deal made about nothing.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »

If you want people to stop being partisan then you need to stop throwing a fit. Fritz is attacked for putting together a cabinet because apparently he should put conservatives in it just for the hell of it. I'm attacked because Libertas doesn't cooperate with a court case. Kalwejt is attacked because he voted for the person he liked best in the PPT race after a certain Senator refused to show up and left it at a tie. (Likely knowing this would happen anyway and then you could fire the faux outrage machine up a third time.)

It's been 7 f-ing days and you and everyone else have already managed THREE completely nonsense controversies, you rail against us as the devil incarnate and cause so much trouble to the point of the Vice President wanting to resign and then you complain about the lack of people working together. Are you serious?

If you want people to work together then how about you actually get your own team to, I don't know, work with us at all. Get Libertas to stop being Libertas and get his ass to Senate procedural votes. Give me someone to appoint to prosecute Antonio instead of Libertas sitting on his thumbs because it makes it easier to attack me. Instead of bitching to Fritz about the lack of "bipartisanship" in the cabinet how about you put forward some freaking candidates that can do the job and have them, I don't know, apply for a goddamn position?

Seriously, you people are blowing my mind right now. Not only is this Administration apparently one of the omgtotallyworstever after 7 days, but you guys complain about the lack of working together by routinely putting every single one of us in a position where we have to decide things ourselves! Put up or shut up, dude!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »

If you want people to stop being partisan then you need to stop throwing a fit. Fritz is attacked for putting together a cabinet because apparently he should put conservatives in it just for the hell of it. I'm attacked because Libertas doesn't cooperate with a court case. Kalwejt is attacked because he voted for the person he liked best in the PPT race after a certain Senator refused to show up and left it at a tie. (Likely knowing this would happen anyway and then you could fire the faux outrage machine up a third time.)

It's been 7 f-ing days and you and everyone else have already managed THREE completely nonsense controversies, you rail against us as the devil incarnate and cause so much trouble to the point of the Vice President wanting to resign and then you complain about the lack of people working together. Are you serious?

If you want people to work together then how about you actually get your own team to, I don't know, work with us at all. Get Libertas to stop being Libertas and get his ass to Senate procedural votes. Give me someone to appoint to prosecute Antonio instead of Libertas sitting on his thumbs because it makes it easier to attack me. Instead of bitching to Fritz about the lack of "bipartisanship" in the cabinet how about you put forward some freaking candidates that can do the job and have them, I don't know, apply for a goddamn position?

Seriously, you people are blowing my mind right now. Not only is this Administration apparently one of the omgtotallyworstever after 7 days, but you guys complain about the lack of working together by routinely putting every single one of us in a position where we have to decide things ourselves! Put up or shut up, dude!

Nope.. wanna know why? Because people treated me like sh**t, claiming I was going to do the same thing that this administration is doing. So guess what. I'm going to be a dick about it. I dont care what JCP, RPP, POP, or any other people are doing. I'm going to be an asshole, because people treated me with disprect for no reason through the election, and now that what I was accused of being ready to is being done, I'm going to serve it back.

Have a terrific day.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 05:24:47 PM »

Nope.. wanna know why? Because people treated me like sh**t, claiming I was going to do the same thing that this administration is doing. So guess what. I'm going to be a dick about it. I dont care what JCP, RPP, POP, or any other people are doing. I'm going to be an asshole, because people treated me with disprect for no reason through the election, and now that what I was accused of being ready to is being done, I'm going to serve it back.

Have a terrific day.

Actually, Andrew, unlike you and fellow right member, I'd at least wait week or two to see how you doing as President, before unleashing a s**t.

Now, after what you just poster, people like you are the reason I have f**king enough of this game. I admited that my few initial words in campaign crossed the line, I apologized and you actually accepted, to now start a pure political trolling.

Well, someone have to say this Atlasian voters rejected your candidacy in a fair elections, suck it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »

How does one "literally yell" over AIM?

Hi Libertas.

I have a request for you both as President (still) of the Senate and your constituent, since you're elected at large.

Would you like to start voting in the Senate? You missed all confirmation votes for example and you missed literally tons of votings in previous Senate.

You were elected fairly to this position, so it would be really nice to take it seriously, since you're active everywhere on the forum.

Sincerely.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »

Folks this is just patently ridiculous. There is no reason to be harassing Kalwejt on AIM or ripping him to no end. Kalwejt has no reason to be even thinking of resigning as Veep either.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

Have a terrific day.

Actually, Andrew, unlike you and fellow right member, I'd at least wait week or two to see how you doing as President, before unleashing a s**t.

Now, after what you just poster, people like you are the reason I have f**king enough of this game. I admited that my few initial words in campaign crossed the line, I apologized and you actually accepted, to now start a pure political trolling.

Well, someone have to say this Atlasian voters rejected your candidacy in a fair elections, suck it.

Cabinets arent going to change in a week. Voting against an acitve PPT for someone that you like more isnt going to change. And as for what I said before, dont think your the only one who was giving me problems in the race. Dont think this is all about you.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »

What's happening there is really sad.

Kal, I'd like to tell you not to resign, but I know it would be useless. I hope you won't, because it would be a shame to once again ruin your (deservedly) brilliant carreer at its height. But you never listened me when I gave you this kind of advices (nor did I listen most of your advices actually, LOL Wink). The main point here is, don't listen to the usual jerks that will demonize any person who doesn't stand with then 100%. Ignore them and live your life (both real and in the Forum), just like I'm trying to ignore Libertas and his calumnies, hoping this masquerade won't last for too much...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »

I think we should start a petition to keep Kal from resigning though.. anyone else with me on it?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »

I think we should start a petition to keep Kal from resigning though.. anyone else with me on it?

You really like to be pain in the neck now. I'm not pulling Janio Quadros here "I'll resign and people would beg to return". First of all, I'm not that stupid to even count on this. Second of all, I'm not a whore.

Thank you.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 05:50:38 PM »

Am I the only one who has been paying way more attention to the real election and ensuing results and not really following all of this drama? I really don't know what's going on!!! Tongue
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »

You really like to be pain in the neck now. I'm not pulling Janio Quadros here "I'll resign and people would beg to return". First of all, I'm not that stupid to even count on this. Second of all, I'm not a whore.

Thank you.

I'm being serious here. I dont want you to resign. You know, you gave me a lot of sh**t when I ran, and I took nothing to heart... but its seeming like you are having a problem with all of this.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 05:51:36 PM »

I hope Kal isn't offended by this or anything, but, I suppose it would be good electoral politics to keep him in the public eye were you ever, and I'm just spitballing here, thinking of a rematch.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 05:53:44 PM »

What's happening there is really sad despicable.

Kal, I'd like to tell you not to resign, but I know it would be useless. I hope you won't, because it would be a shame to once again ruin your (deservedly) brilliant carreer at its height. But you never listened me when I gave you this kind of advices (nor did I listen most of your advices actually, LOL Wink). The main point here is, don't listen to the usual jerks that will demonize any person who doesn't stand with then 100%. Ignore them and live your life (both real and in the Forum), just like I'm trying to ignore Libertas and his calumnies, hoping this masquerade won't last for too much...

Sometimes hyperbole is necessary to achieve the desired result. Hence I find the use of the word "despicable" far more effective in this context then "sad".

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »

I hope Kal isn't offended by this or anything, but, I suppose it would be good electoral politics to keep him in the public eye were you ever, and I'm just spitballing here, thinking of a rematch.

Listen, Kal and I have worked together for a while now. I honestly dont want him to resign. I want him to stay in office. And no, there is no chance that I will be running for President ever again. I am leaving Atlasia after this term.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »

Listen, Kal and I have worked together for a while now. I honestly dont want him to resign. I want him to stay in office. And no, there is no chance that I will be running for President ever again. I am leaving Atlasia after this term.

I have an idea. How about leaving togehter? We'll spare people around from futher drama, as this partisan asshole Kaljew and angry troll Andrew quits.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »

I have an idea. How about leaving togehter? We'll spare people around from futher drama, as this partisan asshole Kaljew and angry troll Andrew quits.

Thats starting to sound kinda interesting. The two of us just flipping everyone off and leaving.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies