PPP: Palin leads ME, TX, WV, WI; Romney leads FL; Pawlenty leads MN (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:14:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Palin leads ME, TX, WV, WI; Romney leads FL; Pawlenty leads MN (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Palin leads ME, TX, WV, WI; Romney leads FL; Pawlenty leads MN  (Read 2933 times)
Whacker77

« on: November 12, 2010, 11:03:09 AM »

I'm a conservative in every sense of the word and Palin scares me to death.  Fairly or unfairly, she has become a caricature of herself.  There is nothing she can do to turn that view around.  She is just too polarizing, even among many Republicans.

Right now, these poll numbers are more about popularity than anything else.  As the race comes into focus for primary voters, she will drop because there is no "there" there with her.  She just offers canned conservative phrases.

If I were Romney, I would be devastated by these numbers.  His message didn't sell two years ago and it appears he has been forgotten.  It's not as if he's been a shrinking violet either.  I still think he's the favorite, but I would be worried about wasting more of my fortune if I were him.

What these numbers do tell me are two things.  First, Obama will be very beatable in 2012.  That doesn't mean he will lose, but it's certainly possible.  Second, there is no clear choice for Republicans in a field of also-rans.  In my view, this makes a Jeb Bush run that much more possible as he could swoop in and become the consensus candidate in short order.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies