The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:35:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department  (Read 5822 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:40:15 PM »

Hello and welcome to the Internal Affairs Department. Everything involved with the job will go here, including my own proposals and other business.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

---Communique from Internal Affairs Office---

I will be in New York tomorrow to discuss low income housing. I'll be asking President Fritz to increase subsidies for low income housing, depending on what facts I recieve.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »

The Department of Internal Affairs will commit to the following course of action:

Unemployment MUST drop below 5%. I urge the Senate to act in any possible way to achieve this. The Internal Affairs Department recommends additional public works projects to stimulate the growth of such jobs, hopefully to compete with the private sector and stimulate competition. The lack of economic growth factors are deeply troubling...
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »

The Internal Affairs office is open to taking questions from government officials and citizens today.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:25:52 AM »

Your predecessor would like to point out the proposals that this office made with regards funding public works from roads to sewerage that were unfortunately not taken on board by the previous administration. Hopefully you may find yourself in agreement with them. I would also encourage you to revisit the provisions of The Public Housing Act of 2009 and the effect that this is likely to have had on the construction and renovation of public housing prior over the course of the past year.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 07:09:47 PM »

Your predecessor would like to point out the proposals that this office made with regards funding public works from roads to sewerage that were unfortunately not taken on board by the previous administration. Hopefully you may find yourself in agreement with them. I would also encourage you to revisit the provisions of The Public Housing Act of 2009 and the effect that this is likely to have had on the construction and renovation of public housing prior over the course of the past year.

I hear and understand what you're saying. Hopefully I'll have a bit more success with it than the last go 'round. I will take a look at the legislation and thank you for pointing that out to me.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 06:41:17 AM »

NOTICE:

The Secretary will be only available for limited time this week, because he'll be making a tour of each region. First stop will be the Northeast, followed by the Pacific, Mideast, IDS and Midwest before returning to Nyman on Saturday.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »

NOTICE:

With regards to the issue of bodyscanning and the TSA, as well as the complaints lodged to this office...

Although final say so lies with the President, I am making the recommendation that body scanning be officially ended. My office will be instructing TSA security in a new procedure. They will no longer be allowed to touch sensitive areas of male and female passengers. These include the "private parts". I'm recommending that children and those with developmental disabilities be exempt from patdowns.

Passengers may lodge official requesting for their refunds, which this office demands be granted and none of those passengers will be placed on no-fly lists. However, the three persons arrested for assault will not be released, and will instead have to go through the traditional channels in the judiciary.

What this office can do, it will do. I make these recommendations to President Fritz and he can either go along or deny my requests. For those who have felt violated and have been inconvenienced, this office offers profound apologies.

DR. CYNIC, SOIA
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 06:20:12 PM »

The Department of Internal Affairs will commit to the following course of action:

Unemployment MUST drop below 5%. I urge the Senate to act in any possible way to achieve this. The Internal Affairs Department recommends additional public works projects to stimulate the growth of such jobs, hopefully to compete with the private sector and stimulate competition. The lack of economic growth factors are deeply troubling...

I wrote up a bill the other day, but its just too ugly to my liking. I will keep working on it though and see if I can't come up with something. My goal is to invest in "productive" projects so we can get something of permenence out of it in terms of jobs.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »

I wrote up a bill the other day, but its just too ugly to my liking. I will keep working on it though and see if I can't come up with something. My goal is to invest in "productive" projects so we can get something of permenence out of it in terms of jobs.

My office will be watching and when your bill is done, I'll make a reccomendation to the President.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »

NOTICE:

I'm pleased to report at how well the TSA situation has been diffused. Hopefully this office can assist in lasting change for the future.

In regards to the serious isssue of unemployment, I've been in contact with Senator Duke and am awaiting some information from the President in order to act. We WILL fix this economy!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This office has been authorized by the President to designate the following money to the infrastructure of the regions.

Northeast: $300 million
IDS: $750 million
Mideast: $200 million
Midwest: $300 million
Pacific: $175 million

These figures are based on both economic and infrastructure need. The IDS, with the most desperate economy gets the most funding. Granted, these are preliminary numbers, but infrastructure and employment are in a desperate state. We hope this funding, which I stress is preliminary can stodge the bleeding. I will make it known by next week if the funds stated here will stand.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 10:13:22 PM »

What would you consider the optimum size for a stimulus package in your opinion? The one I have constructed now has $100 billion in Unemployement and Food stamps and $63 billion in Infrastructure. I will post the current version if you want to see if but it isn't finalized so a review would have to be re done later.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »

I'm surprised the Mideast got the short end of the stick here, considering the fact that we had one of the highest unemployment numbers in the most recent report, with the Rust Belt taking a huge hit, especially the auto industry. Could an explanation be given for our low amount?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 10:26:39 PM »

Can we get a status report on the Unemployment rate within each region, please?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 08:36:42 AM »

Can we get a status report on the Unemployment rate within each region, please?

Coming up soon, as requested.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »

What would you consider the optimum size for a stimulus package in your opinion? The one I have constructed now has $100 billion in Unemployement and Food stamps and $63 billion in Infrastructure. I will post the current version if you want to see if but it isn't finalized so a review would have to be re done later.

I would look it over if you posted it for me. I was just taking infrastructure into account.

I'm surprised the Mideast got the short end of the stick here, considering the fact that we had one of the highest unemployment numbers in the most recent report, with the Rust Belt taking a huge hit, especially the auto industry. Could an explanation be given for our low amount?

Again, I only took into account infrastructure needs. I also stress those are prelim numbers until I can see regional employment rates. Be patient, for a moment, Governor. These numbers will be finalized when I can look at regional rates.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I will ask the Secretary keep in mind this is at best a rough outline and not a finished ready to go bill. I am open to adjusting amounts. I am not glued to any particular method of allocating the funds, as demonstrated by a combination of Senate and SoIA directed funds. If the SoIA thinks thinks other sections or all of them should be at his discretion, I am fine with that, though I do think the Senate should have some appropriating authority. The choices of regions and amounts in the sections that are Senate directed clauses is based on my knowledge of the investments and where they will be most effective (hence bulk of wind to the Midwest for the Wind Corridor etc) or which regions are in the most need of help. At the time I was under the impression that the Mideast had the worst economic condition followed by the Southeast.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »

This is the tax section of the bill, which I would like to be reviewed separately. Once again my goal here is to provide the most economic benefit only with an eye towards stimulating domestic investment and consumption. The goal is to promote private sector growth and expansion of the economy. I understand that some of these provisions might be unpopular with the current administration and I will willing to remove Section one if required,. But I think we should provide some stimulative efforts aimed at the unemployed, and at small business to encourage expansion and job creation to reduce unemployment. We must be realistic in that the gov't can't possible drive economic growth alone, that investors and entrepreneurs have a role, which they must play in driving an economic recovery.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »

I'm gonna take a day or so and review this and I'll get back to you on it presently.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 03:54:31 AM »

This is the tax section of the bill, which I would like to be reviewed separately. Once again my goal here is to provide the most economic benefit only with an eye towards stimulating domestic investment and consumption. The goal is to promote private sector growth and expansion of the economy. I understand that some of these provisions might be unpopular with the current administration and I will willing to remove Section one if required,. But I think we should provide some stimulative efforts aimed at the unemployed, and at small business to encourage expansion and job creation to reduce unemployment. We must be realistic in that the gov't can't possible drive economic growth alone, that investors and entrepreneurs have a role, which they must play in driving an economic recovery.

As for section one and section three, how about raising the minimum to $1.5 million? Would that be satisfactory?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 04:00:40 AM »

As for the Federal Stimulus Act, I have no problem with any of your figures, at least as it looks now. I have no problem dividing responsibility between this office and the Atlasian Senate.

What'd I'd like regional Governors though to do in order to help this office out, is to formally apply to this office what they need the most funds for and what they have no priority with. It would really help both me and Senator NC Yankee.

Help us help you. Just apply the paperwork right here. Greatest need, least concerns, estimated monetary need.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »

As for the Federal Stimulus Act, I have no problem with any of your figures, at least as it looks now. I have no problem dividing responsibility between this office and the Atlasian Senate.

What'd I'd like regional Governors though to do in order to help this office out, is to formally apply to this office what they need the most funds for and what they have no priority with. It would really help both me and Senator NC Yankee.

Help us help you. Just apply the paperwork right here. Greatest need, least concerns, estimated monetary need.

bump
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 02:13:20 AM »

As for section one and section three, how about raising the minimum to $1.5 million? Would that be satisfactory?

I don't have a problem with it.

Yes, it would be a big help if the Governors could provide input.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »

The Imperial Dominion of the South would like to request:

infrastructure as our highest priority
sewer & water treatment filtration as our lowest priority
$5,000,000,000 total
Pages: [1] 2 3