Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:17:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 100032 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: January 10, 2016, 12:31:17 PM »

These bills will be introduced on Monday afternoon. I'm on a mini-vacation at the moment.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #701 on: January 10, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »

The Fight Road Hypnosis Act
1. Various signs, not necessarily having to do with instructions and directions, will be put sporadically on every highway in the Northeast.
2. Various flowers will be grown alongside the roads.
3. The Regional government will work with state and local governments on this project.
4. The assembly will have a one time payment of $50 million initially, $20 million every year after to keep up maintenance.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #702 on: January 11, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #703 on: January 14, 2016, 06:46:07 PM »

Fight PTSD Act
1. The Assembly hereby designates $300 million to helping soldiers and veterans overcome PTSD.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #704 on: January 15, 2016, 06:00:59 PM »

[quote]Amedment to the Northeast Constitution
Article I: The Region
1. The Northeast Region and the Constitution thereof shall be representative of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
  a. New Brunswick and Quebec shall be considered as electoral territories of the Northeast, in accordance to the Atlasian-Canadian Common Market Agreement.
2. The administrative center for the government of the Northeast Region established in this Constitution shall be New York City, NY.
3. The official languages of the Northeast shall be English and French.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #705 on: January 22, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #706 on: January 23, 2016, 07:44:31 PM »

The Remeber Freedom of Speech Act
1. The Assembly hereby reminds any establishment in the Northeast that we support any individuals right to speak their mind freely.
2. All safe zones from freedom of speech is hereby banned.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #707 on: January 23, 2016, 11:55:28 PM »

1. The Assembly hereby reminds any establishment in the Northeast that we support any individuals right to speak their mind freely.

Sir, does the Northeast intend to imply that private businesses are banned from creating rooms where they inform you if you swear inappropriately or offend someone overly much you will be removed? I ask then if, as legal consistency would suggest, you support regional affirmative action in businesses, labor unions, and schools/colleges?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #708 on: January 23, 2016, 11:58:56 PM »

Sir, does the Northeast intend to imply that private businesses are banned from creating rooms where they inform you if you swear inappropriately or offend someone overly much you will be removed? I ask then if, as legal consistency would suggest, you support regional affirmative action in businesses, labor unions, and schools/colleges?

I see what you mean, I withdraw the bill for a rewrite.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #709 on: January 24, 2016, 05:38:17 PM »

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum, and there have been plenty.

Speaking your mind freely and going to the point of threatening the lives of others, are quite different.  You make no provision in this ridiculous bill to make it illegal to, for example, threatening someone's life, and saying you are simply are expressing your freedom of speech.

Safe zones from freedom of speech are hereby banned?  What are you even talking about?  Since when can the government legislate or dictate or police what people say in private?

No wonder this forum is suffering an activity problem.  With stupid legislation such as this nonsense even making it to the point of being proposed I do not wonder why people do not want to participate.

Cut  this stupidity and get on with matters that at least have a tiny bit of sense to them.       
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #710 on: January 24, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum, and there have been plenty.

Speaking your mind freely and going to the point of threatening the lives of others, are quite different.  You make no provision in this ridiculous bill to make it illegal to, for example, threatening someone's life, and saying you are simply are expressing your freedom of speech.

Safe zones from freedom of speech are hereby banned?  What are you even talking about?  Since when can the government legislate or dictate or police what people say in private?

No wonder this forum is suffering an activity problem.  With stupid legislation such as this nonsense even making it to the point of being proposed I do not wonder why people do not want to participate.

Cut  this stupidity and get on with matters that at least have a tiny bit of sense to them.       

I already withdrew it for a rewrite, but name calling is a very adult thing to do. People make mistakes, obviously I didn't think on this bill enough. A simple "hey, this is what's wrong with this bill" would've been enough. It's not the stupidity of people that's slowing down activity, it's people jumping up to accuse people of being stupid when they make mistakes that is slowing it down.

You, sir, are contributing to the fall of this game. Instead of attacking people, try recognizing that we are all human, and help people when thy make mistakes.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #711 on: January 24, 2016, 06:35:23 PM »

I already withdrew it for a rewrite, but name calling is a very adult thing to do. People make mistakes, obviously I didn't think on this bill enough. A simple "hey, this is what's wrong with this bill" would've been enough. It's not the stupidity of people that's slowing down activity, it's people jumping up to accuse people of being stupid when they make mistakes that is slowing it down.

You, sir, are contributing to the fall of this game. Instead of attacking people, try recognizing that we are all human, and help people when thy make mistakes.

If you read  what I said, you will see clearly that I was referring to this proposal as stupid and to this proposal as stupidity, not to you or to any other individual.

So please, read carefully before you react.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #712 on: January 30, 2016, 01:15:01 PM »

Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #713 on: January 30, 2016, 01:20:25 PM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #714 on: January 31, 2016, 07:12:09 PM »

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #715 on: February 01, 2016, 10:27:53 AM »

The Safer Schools Act
1. All locks on doors inside of publicly funded schools are hereby banned.
2. Public schools are hereby authorized to hire armed guards.
3. All public schools are required to have an extensive gun safety course.
4. The Assembly will dedicate $50 million to help fund the armed guards.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #716 on: February 09, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »

The End Threats Act

1. Hate crime laws protecting refugees will be created and enforced by the Northeast Government.
2. Any death threats will be met with a minimum sentence of a $1,000 fine, and a maximum sentence of five years in prison. Hate crime laws will also apply.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #717 on: February 18, 2016, 11:33:55 PM »

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #718 on: February 20, 2016, 09:03:05 PM »

The Regionalization Security Act

I. The Department of North East Defense will hereby be created.
II. It will be composed of 10,000 Elite Guards, the top fifth of their class, and 40,000 Defense Soldiers. These will be trained by 5,000 retired veterans and policemen.
III. The 50,000 men will be trained in six month cycles, with the top 10,000 graduating after each cycle. They shall be aged 18-25, and their training will consist of strategical thinking, combat skills, and mostly physical conditioning.
IV. Every member of the D-NED will be expected to run or cycle for thirty minutes and do anaerobic workouts for another thirty minutes each day, excepting four weeks of vacation. Anyone who fails to do so will go back to training camp, or on their third time within two years will be replaced and will become a trainer.
V. Everyone who retires or reaches 45 will be offered a pension of ($10,000 * number of decades working here), with an additional $2,000 a year more for up to ten more years as a trainer.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #719 on: February 23, 2016, 10:54:55 PM »

SPACE FOR NEW CANAL;

CONNECTS NYC TO GREAT LAKES
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #720 on: February 28, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »

b]Consolidated Northeastern Election Law[/b]
1) Filling vacancies
 A) Assembly
  i) When a vacancy arises in the Assembly three or more weeks before the next regularly scheduled Assembly election, the vacancy shall be filled by a special election.
  ii) The special election shall be held in the same manner and procedure as a regular election for the whole Assembly.
  iii) If the date of the vacancy is two days or less before a Friday, the election shall be held on the next weekend.
  iv) Upon the certification of the results by the appropriate election administrator, the elected candidate shall be eligible to assume their seat.
  v) The governor may appoint a person to fill the vacated seat.  The term of the appointed representative shall expire on the swearing-in of the newly elected representative.
  vi)  When a vacancy arises in the Assembly less than three weeks before the next regularly scheduled Assembly election, the vacancy shall be filled by gubernatorial appointment.
 B) Regional Senator
  i) If a vacancy should arise for the Northeast Senate seat, a special election shall take place to fill the vacancy. The polling booth shall be opened at 12:00:00AM Eastern Standard Time on the Friday after the vacancy occurs, unless the date of the vacancy is two days or less before that Friday, in which case, the polling booth shall be opened at 12:00:00AM Eastern Standard time the following Friday.  The polling booth shall close at 11:59:59PM the following Sunday.  The victor shall be seated immediately. The Governor may appoint an interim Senator to fill the seat in the time between the arising of the vacancy and election of a new Senator.
  ii) If there are less than three weeks before the next regularly scheduled regional Senate election when the vacancy occurs, the Governor may forgo the special election and appoint a Senator subject to confirmation by the Legislative Assembly.
 C) Governor
  i) Northeast Governor vacancies shall be filled in the manner described in Article III, Sections 6-7 of the Northeast Constitution.  As of the time of this law, those provisions state:
"6. If the office of Governor is to become vacant at some point while he or she is in office, the Lieutenant Governor shall assume the role of Acting Governor until a special election may be held. During this time, the Acting Governor shall retain their position as Lieutenant Governor and Representative. However, they shall not be able to exercise any of their duties as Lieutenant or as Representative during this time. If the vacancy occurs less than three weeks before the next regularly scheduled election, the Lieutenant Governor shall immediately become the Governor and serve for the remainder of the term - vacating their other offices.

7. In the event that the office of Governor falls vacant three or more weeks before the next scheduled gubernatorial election, a special election shall be held to fill the remainder of the term. The election shall be held on the first Friday following the vacancy, except where the Friday falls within two days of the position becoming vacant, in which case the election will take place the following Friday, and be held in the same manner as a regular gubernatorial election. Upon certification of the results, the Governor-elect shall immediately assume office upon swearing in."
2) Voting Booth
 A) Text of Voting Booth
  Section i.
   a. The voting guideline outlined in Section ii of this act applies to all regional elections held within the Northeast, but not those conducted by the Northeast for the federal government, such as constitutional amendments.
   b. The relevant administrator of the election shall be charged with posting the guideline outlined in Section ii in the voting booth.
   c. The provision allowing for the None of the Above option is repealed.
  Section ii.
   a. The voting guideline shall appear as follows:

b. When a referendum is placed on the ballot, the following language shall be inserted:

B) Voting Booth Rules
  i)  Once a ballot has been posted in the voting booth thread, the voter shall have 20 minutes from the posting of the ballot to edit his post as necessary; but no ballot shall be counted as valid which has been edited more than 20 minutes after being posted in the voting booth thread.
  ii) No voter may make any post in the voting booth that is not the voter's ballot, nor make multiple posts in the voting booth. Such action will result in the invalidation of any applicable ballots.
  iii)  For a ballot to be counted in a regional election, it must be cast in the same language by which it was presented to the voter.
  iv) In the event that the polls shall not have been opened by 7:00 am Eastern Standard Time on the day appointed for the election to begin, any member of the Atlasian Supreme Court, the Registrar General, Secretary of Federal Elections, Governor or the Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast has the authority to open the polls and conduct the vote.
  v) In referendums and proposed constitutional amendment votes, voters shall vote either Aye or Nay.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #721 on: February 28, 2016, 02:50:23 PM »

[/quote]
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #722 on: February 28, 2016, 02:51:01 PM »

I couldn't get the entire bill in one post; but introduce it with a hyperlink to the main post
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #723 on: March 27, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #724 on: April 06, 2016, 06:46:41 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies