Clean Energy Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:35:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clean Energy Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clean Energy Act  (Read 9651 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« on: November 15, 2004, 06:41:56 PM »

Perhaps it should be applied to all sources of major power generation, over a certain quantity of watts or something. Wouldn't want to crush Daniel's freedoms. I think, sadly, their choice of generation is not our responsibility, in the big picture there isn't enough independant generators to make a difference.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 06:52:15 PM »

4. Every Atlasian citizen is required to receive energy from the new sources and also have access to the back up sources.

REQUIRED? Are you going to ask the Amish to wire their houses for clean energy? What if i want to use a diesel generator and create my own, non-clean power?

Seriously, this doesn't jive well with me.
Way to take it out of context.

Taking the law out of context is what makes lawyers rich. Smiley

Seriously, tho, this bill has some major problems due to lack of specificity, such as...

1) What constitutues an alternative source of energy?

2) What makes energy "clean" ?

3) The penalties under the law are not clearly specified.

The problem is when you give someone 60 years the technology may change, it is difficult to predict, however, I think a definition would be good, like "Any form of energy production that produces X watts of energy, with Y or less UNITS of pollution.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 10:02:45 PM »

I had some ideas, and I just wanted to repost the whole shibang.

Definitions:

Clean Energy - A form of power generation that produces little to no pollution. Little meaning less than 5 tonnes of air pollution for yearly operation. (Currently the average Coal Plant produces something like 30-100 tonnes) This term also covers all renewable sources, and any future developments that meet these two criteria.

Hazardous or Non-Renewable Power - Nuclear, Oil, Gas, and Coal power production.

Renewable - (As of Oct. 2004) - Hydro, Wind, Solar, and Biomass.

Power Plant - Any structure that produces over 1000 Volts of electricity.

Small Generator - Equal to or less than 1000 Volts.

Sections

1. The regions of Atlasia shall have 25 years to discuss, decide and implement the type of alternative, clean energy that suits their region the best. A plan for the elimination or reduction of non-renewable of heavy pollutant power production must be drafted and ready for implementation.

1b. The federal government shall allocate sufficient funds to help the Regions meet these goals, providing that the plan is deemed feasible by the Senate.

2. If the deadline is not met the Federal Government will intervene and implement a Federal plan to reduce/eliminate hazardous power generation.

3. The regions of Atlasia shall be required to have back up sources of energy (i.e. Coal, nuclear energy) available and ready to be used.

3A. The Federal Government has the power to prosecute any lapse in this policy.

4. Any citizen is allowed to own his or her own independent small power generator of any make or model.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 03:30:36 PM »

Well PPT JFK, I changed the term from District to Region because I thought it was a typo, district our the elected areas for Senators, and a Region is a state Government. A district has no power to make energy reforms, so I changed it. Sorry.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 06:15:55 PM »

Well PPT JFK, I changed the term from District to Region because I thought it was a typo, district our the elected areas for Senators, and a Region is a state Government. A district has no power to make energy reforms, so I changed it. Sorry.

Siege

Yes, I realised it was a mistake, that is why I pointed it out - it could create a serious loophole regarding government refusing to pay funding to the regions as the act did not require them to.

Am I to assume texasgurl is withdrawing her version and yours is the definitive one Siege?

Well, that's up to her, but I think it is.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 03:42:55 PM »

Updated based on recommendations.

Definitions:

Clean Energy - A form of power generation that produces little to no pollution. Little meaning less than 5 tonnes of air pollution for yearly operation. (Currently the average Coal Plant produces something like 30-100 tonnes) This term also covers all renewable sources, and any future developments that meet these two criteria.

Hazardous or Non-Renewable Power - Nuclear, Oil, Gas, and Coal power production.

Renewable - (As of Oct. 2004) - Hydro, Wind, Solar, and Biomass.

Power Plant - Any structure that produces over 1000 Watts of electricity.

Small Generator - Equal to or less than 1000 Watts.

Sections

1. The regions of Atlasia shall have 25 years to discuss, decide and implement the type of alternative, clean energy that suits their region the best. A plan for the elimination or reduction of non-renewable of heavy pollutant power production must be drafted and ready for implementation.

1b. The federal government shall allocate sufficient funds to help the Regions meet these goals, providing that the plan is deemed feasible by the Senate.

2. If the deadline is not met the Federal Government will intervene and implement a Federal plan to reduce/eliminate hazardous power generation.

3. The regions of Atlasia shall be required to have back up sources of energy (i.e. Coal, nuclear energy) available and ready to be used.

3A. The Federal Government has the power to prosecute any lapse in this policy.

4. Any citizen is allowed to own his or her own independent small power generator of any make or model.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 04:21:37 PM »

The reason it is included is that Nuclear energy generates many tonnes of nuclear waste. This waste, in theory, should be... safer, to handle 180000 years later. This is not a good ulternative. I'll continue to adapt the legislation.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 01:00:36 PM »

It is the intention, in my view anyway to reduce the dependency on polluting inefficient fuels, and encourage CLEANER fuels, and Clean fuels. I'll prepare another draft by Wed.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

Clean Energy Act of Nov. 22 2004 - Draft 3

Definitions:

Hazardous or Non-Renewable Power - Oil, Gas, and Coal power production.

Renewable - (As of Oct. 2004) – Electricity generated through the following methods Hydro, Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Tidal Wave, Nuclear Fission, Nuclear Fusion and Biomass.

Efficiency – Reducing the amount of pollution produced by this form of power by 20% or more.

Sections

1. Regional Planning

A. The regions of Atlasia shall have 25 years to discuss, decide and implement the type of alternative, clean energy that suits their region the best. A plan for the elimination, reduction or regulation to increase the efficiency of non-renewable of heavy pollutant power production must be drafted and ready for implementation.

B. The federal government shall allocate rather total or partial funds to help the Regions meet these goals, providing that the Senate through a vote deems the plan feasible.

2. Penalties for failure of Regional Action

A. If the deadline is not met the Federal Government will intervene and implement a Federal plan to reduce, eliminate or increase the efficiency of hazardous power generation.

3. Back-up

A. The regions of Atlasia shall be required to have back up sources of energy (i.e. Coal, nuclear energy) available and ready to be used.

B. The Federal Government has the power to prosecute any lapse in this policy.

4. Citizen Power

A. Any citizen is allowed to own his or her own independent small generator of any make or model.

B. Any citizen that purchases a clean or renewable individual small generator for their home, or if a citizen purchases a hybrid or clean vehicle, the government will refund 20% of the cost.

C. Any business that purchases a clean or renewable individual small generator for their business or if a business purchases a hybrid or clean vehicle, the government will refund 15% of the cost.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 05:43:56 PM »

Clean Energy Act of Nov. 22 2004 - Draft 3

Renewable - (As of Oct. 2004) – Electricity generated through the following methods Hydro, Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Tidal Wave, Nuclear Fission, Nuclear Fusion and Biomass.

Just a few things here. I have never heard of Tidal Wave Energy Production so if you could give me the FYI on that type of power plant that would be great and the inclusion of Nuclear Fusion is pretty much unneeded considering the Fusion is aleast 35 years away from success.

Tidal wave energy is an interesting possibility. A wave is a circular spinning circle of water moving alond the ocean. Eventually it comes to the shore and 'rolls' to the beach in a wave. The idea is that if you put generators in the water, these waves will turn the small turbine and generate power. They have testing facilities for this in British Columbia. It generates very little power, but if there was a way to make is on a larger scale who knows.

Who knows about Fusion, for all we know, some nut bar in a basement in Indiannapolis could figure out how to do it, and problem solved. But the point is, it's out there, so what does it hurt to give it a nod?

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 05:02:21 PM »

OK Al.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 03:52:12 PM »

Clean Energy Act of Nov. 26 2004 - Draft 4

Definitions:

Renewable - (As of Oct. 2004) – Electricity generated through the following methods Hydro, Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Tidal, Wave, Nuclear Fission, Nuclear Fusion and Biomass.

Efficiency – Reducing the amount of pollution produced by this form of power by 20% or more.

Sections

1. Regional Planning

A. The regions of Atlasia shall have 25 years to discuss, decide and implement the type of alternative, clean energy that suits their region the best. A plan for the elimination, reduction or regulation to increase the efficiency of non-renewable of heavy pollutant power production must be drafted and ready for implementation.

B. The federal government shall allocate rather total or partial funds to help the Regions meet these goals, providing that the Senate through a vote deems the plan feasible.

A. If the deadline is not met the Federal Government will intervene and implement a Federal plan to reduce, eliminate or increase the efficiency of hazardous power generation.

3. Back-up

A. The regions of Atlasia shall be required to have back up sources of energy (i.e. Coal, nuclear energy) available and ready to be used.

4. Citizen Power

A. Any citizen is allowed to own his or her own independent small generator of any make or model.

B. Any citizen that purchases a clean or renewable individual small generator for their home, or if a citizen purchases a hybrid or clean vehicle, the government will refund 20% of the cost.

C. Any business that purchases a clean or renewable individual small generator for their business or if a business purchases a hybrid or clean vehicle, the government will refund 15% of the cost.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2004, 03:33:38 PM »

I wish that the Mag Lev issue be addressed in another bill, perhaps addressing restrictions on SUVs and heavy trucks, and something of the like. I suggest the Clean Transportaion Act, related, but not here.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 05:28:52 PM »

I wish that the Mag Lev issue be addressed in another bill, perhaps addressing restrictions on SUVs and heavy trucks, and something of the like. I suggest the Clean Transportaion Act, related, but not here.

Siege

Very well, but I request that federal funding for research into clean coal technology be a part of this bill.

I agree. I'll get on it soon.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 04:06:31 PM »

Clean Energy Act of Dec. 4 2004 - Draft 5

Definitions:

Renewable - (As of Oct. 2004) – Electricity generated through the following methods Hydro, Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Tidal, Wave, Nuclear Fission, Nuclear Fusion and Biomass.

Sections

1. Regional Planning

3. Back-up

4. Citizen Power

5. Clean Coal

A. The Federal Government will invest 100 million dollars over 5 years into the research, and development of clean or cleaner coal technology.

Sorry I took so long. Hectic week. This should be it, and the vote should be good to go. This bill keep in mind is to encourage better energy production, and not the total elimination of polluting energies, just the reduction.

Siege

Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2004, 03:35:06 PM »

I didn't know voting had opened, hmm, when in Rome.

Yay.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 10:55:31 PM »

5. Clean Coal

A. The Federal Government will invest 100 million dollars over 5 years into the research, and development of clean or cleaner coal technology.

Thank you, Senator.

No problemo.

Siege
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies