PA: PPP: Toomey up 5% and over 50%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:06:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA: PPP: Toomey up 5% and over 50%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA: PPP: Toomey up 5% and over 50%  (Read 6012 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »

Toomey - 51%

Sestak - 46%
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 07:33:41 PM »

Final nail in the coffin.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 07:35:22 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »

No change from the other poll, except in demographics. So the Sestak surge in PPP's last poll was very artificial and based on a hyper-optimistic Democratic turnout model. Yawn.

Is anyone really surprised by this poll?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »

Not I. This is pretty close to how I see the race going on Election night, although this is probably reassuring to the Toomey camp. Due to the wave, Toomey will probably be the most conservative Pennsylvania senator in a generation. A swing of six works out well.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 07:59:26 PM »

Not I. This is pretty close to how I see the race going on Election night, although this is probably reassuring to the Toomey camp. Due to the wave, Toomey will probably be the most conservative Pennsylvania senator in a generation. A swing of six works out well.

Even more conservative than Santorum?  I doubt it.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »

Toomey had a more conservative voting record than DeMint in the house.  But he does have a very different tone and emphasizes very different issues than Santorum.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »

It's hard to determine who's more conservative than who because there are so many definitions of conservative.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:58 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2010, 08:48:30 PM by N!K »

Even more conservative than Santorum?  I doubt it.

Oh, yeah, forgot about him. Wink Not sure how they compare, but Santorum seems to be a lot more outspoken. Well, at least the most conservative occupying this seat, definitely more so then Schweiker and Specter in comparison to the national environment. I do think Toomey is more to the right, though.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 08:12:51 PM »

American Conservative Lifetime Rating
Toomey: 97%
Santorum 88%

Yea, its very hard to measure as Toomey is not an agressive rhetorical culture warrior and is more concerned about fiscal issues.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »

Party id: D: 46 % R: 44 % I: 10 % (D +2)
Whacker77

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »

It remains to be seen how Toomey would operate, but I never much cared for Santorum.  He always seemed to much about himself.  Robert Novak always called him boorish.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »

Why is Arlen Specter doing even worse in this poll than Sestak? Let's see. Sestak is a two term Congressman elected in 2006. Specter is a 30 year Senator, who used to be a Republican, who won by 10 points in 2004. Specter should be doing a lot better on account of his name recognition, the relationships he's built with the state after so many years, and that he is more moderate than Sestak. I mean, I understand if he loses out of voter discontent, but why wouldn't Sestak lose by even more?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »

New Poll: Pennsylvania Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2010-10-31

Summary: D: 46%, R: 51%, I: 0%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »

I mean, I understand if he loses out of voter discontent, but why wouldn't Sestak lose by even more?

People finally had enough of Arlen being all about Arlen. That's not rhetoric either. That "...enabled me to be re-electeeeeed" line will live on in Pennsylvania politics for generations. I couldn't tell you how many non-political people still quote that line.

Sestak comes across as a very likable person. I've said that from the very beginning. He also plays up the moderate image thanks in large part to his military background. He's also been trying to portray himself as an outsider thanks to his service. He's not a Congressman in the eyes of the campaign. Everything is about "Admiral Sestak" from the ads down to the campaign t-shirts.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »

I'm not sure if the comparison between PPP and Rasmussen's final polls will reveal much. A lot of them seem pretty similar.

It's a shame PPP kind of got our hopes up with that last one though. Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 09:43:02 PM »

I'm not sure if the comparison between PPP and Rasmussen's final polls will reveal much. A lot of them seem pretty similar.

In PA, the polls normally work quite well.  Expecting them to be around the same is typical.  I think there's a point or two too much black turnout in this poll, but that's not really important.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »

Pennsylvania continues its streak of less than mediocre senators... Santorum, Specter, Casey, Toomey...
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 01:47:11 AM »

Thought: this poll was conducted on Halloween weekend. Not that it matters much but there could be a slight under-sampling of youths and adults with kids because of it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 05:21:48 AM »

Thought: this poll was conducted on Halloween weekend. Not that it matters much but there could be a slight under-sampling of youths and adults with kids because of it.

...is this serious?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 07:53:05 AM »

The final Quinnipiac essentially agrees with PPP, Rasmussen and the last tracking poll.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies