I'm going to create an acctually Atlas fantasy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:34:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm going to create an acctually Atlas fantasy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: I'm going to create an acctually Atlas fantasy  (Read 16358 times)
Hermit
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2004, 02:59:24 AM »

Also, I noticed that the UL doesn't really have a logo per se, just the initials. So I whipped this up, based off the AFL-CIO logo. Thoughts?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2004, 07:42:56 AM »

Hermit, could you re-crop the Fritz the cat picture in my sig and send it to Super?  Thanks!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2004, 07:49:46 AM »

You could use my Sims 2 head for me Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2004, 08:38:52 AM »

OK, then it doesn't really matter much to me, I don't even have the full game. Tongue

On profiles, I was talking more about the points in different fields than anything else, since I'd expect some candidates to be stronger than others in reality.

We would decide our own platform though, I realize that. Wink Will you create the various positions on the issues or what?

I think that I will issue all "personality" points, as I think that I can do it more fairly and realistically than some people can do it for themselves.  I determined that you are correct, in part, but I will assure that all candidates have between 23-27 total points.  I think, for instance that I will give Migrendel a 5 Leadership, as he is a maverick, but this will be off-set by the extremeness of his veiws.  Stuff like that.

And yes, I will create the possible possitions on the issues.  For issues that carry over from the acctual game, I will change the stances to make them more compatable to our forum. 

OK, fair enough. I think 27 is a good upper ceiling, but 23 is a little too high. I did this in my head and I can reveal that I gave myself 23, Nym, PB and JFK all 27, for instance. I also found that some members might get below 23 but that none would really get more than 27.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2004, 11:30:40 AM »

OK, then it doesn't really matter much to me, I don't even have the full game. Tongue

On profiles, I was talking more about the points in different fields than anything else, since I'd expect some candidates to be stronger than others in reality.

We would decide our own platform though, I realize that. Wink Will you create the various positions on the issues or what?

I think that I will issue all "personality" points, as I think that I can do it more fairly and realistically than some people can do it for themselves.  I determined that you are correct, in part, but I will assure that all candidates have between 23-27 total points.  I think, for instance that I will give Migrendel a 5 Leadership, as he is a maverick, but this will be off-set by the extremeness of his veiws.  Stuff like that.

And yes, I will create the possible possitions on the issues.  For issues that carry over from the acctual game, I will change the stances to make them more compatable to our forum. 

OK, fair enough. I think 27 is a good upper ceiling, but 23 is a little too high. I did this in my head and I can reveal that I gave myself 23, Nym, PB and JFK all 27, for instance. I also found that some members might get below 23 but that none would really get more than 27.

On the game, John Kerry gets a total of 24 personality points.  I think that some of our people can beat that.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2004, 11:36:09 AM »

Oh yeah, this is easy. For example, the UAC logo

And since I assume there's already a Hoover one, something for Phil

Any requests?
[/quote

Thanks.  I like these.  If I need anything else, I'll ask.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2004, 04:08:23 PM »

Hmmm, Harrygate's a bit outdated....but if I were in the race it could probably be a good issue.

For my picture you can use the James Polk pic from my sig.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2004, 05:57:21 PM »

On the game, John Kerry gets a total of 24 personality points.  I think that some of our people can beat that.

Kerry is vastly overrated on the game.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2004, 06:39:19 PM »

Kerry is vastly overrated on the game.

Yeah, the Democrats in this game usually are. There is no way Carter could beat Reagan in California! I usually open up candidate editor and edit the GOP candidates to equal their Dem counterparts.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2004, 06:51:27 PM »

Kerry should have been something like 20 in reality.

It'd be fun to do the personal scores and see how candidates are viewed. I think experience should be a mixture of political experience in Atlasia and time on the forum. Issue knowledge should incorprorate awareness and activity on the forum. Stamina should measure activity, to an extent.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2004, 07:15:10 PM »

I've made unofficial profiles for 11 candidates for president or presidential nominations in Atlasian history. I have decided on a maximum of 27, which has affected 2 candidates so far (haven't made my mind up on whether to scrap that or not). The scores vary from 16 to 27 with the average being 24, the score I've awarded myself. Of course, Supersoulty will make his own, but I thought it'd be fun to test it out myself... Wink
Hermit
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2004, 07:53:21 PM »

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2004, 08:41:33 AM »

Hey Super, did you give up on this, or are you still working on it?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

Perhaps the guy is focusing on getting elected to the senate first. Wink
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2004, 10:03:54 AM »

I'd say Andrew and Dan are must haves for this game.

Thanks for the suggestion! I would love to have Supersoulty create me if he wanted Smiley
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2004, 12:57:34 PM »

This is cool!

If I were able to put images here, I would love to help you out in possibly creating me, but everytime i try it insists on being a pain.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2004, 01:30:33 PM »

so Gustaf, could you post the profiles here?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2004, 02:09:12 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2004, 05:11:34 PM by Gustaf »

so Gustaf, could you post the profiles here?

Sure I could. I would like to stress though that they are strictly personal evaluations and that all characteristics aren't that easy to pinpoint. If you disagree with me, feel free to comment and give arguments for it.

Characteristics are in order: Leadership/Experience/Integrity/Issue Knowledge/Charisma/Stamina/Debating

In no particular order:

Gustaf/myself:

2-5-5-3-4-2-3

Total: 24

Nym90:

3-5-5-4-3-4-4

Total: 28

JFK:

4-5-4-4-4-3-4

Total: 28

PB:

4-3-5-3-4-5-3

Total: 27

Harry:

3-5-2-3-3-3-2

Total: 21

Reaganfan:

1-2-3-2-2-4-2

Total: 16

Supersoulty:

4-4-4-3-4-3-4

Total: 26

Al:

3-4-3-3-4-3-3

Total: 23

Hughento:

3-4-4-5-3-3-4

Total: 26

Badnarikin04:

2-1-3-2-4-3-4

Total: 19

Demrepdan:

2-5-4-4-3-3-3

Total: 24

StevenNick99:

4-4-4-4-3-3-3

Total: 25

Well, there you are people...flame away...

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2004, 02:16:36 PM »

hey hey include me include me!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2004, 02:23:05 PM »

OK...

Total: 21
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2004, 02:26:35 PM »

Thanks, is a 21 good? lol
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2004, 02:33:22 PM »

It's not that good, but not that bad either. I think it's about the same as say Clark has in the game (the game is way off though).
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2004, 02:34:34 PM »

put me on but i need to update mine!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2004, 02:47:06 PM »

No one should get below 3 Leadership.  It makes it almost imposible to play the game bacause you can't do anything.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2004, 02:50:41 PM »

No one should get below 3 Leadership.  It makes it almost imposible to play the game bacause you can't do anything.

That's a good point, but I wanted to do it properly. Otherwise you bias the game against those who have high leadership, IMHO.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies