US House Redistricting: General

<< < (42/42)

Fmr. Pres. Duke:
It looks like my old district of SC-01 moved the entirety of downtown Charleston and one of its suburbs into Jim Clyburn's district and expanded into a rural county. I guess the state GOP was upset Joe Cunningham defeated crazy Katie Arrington in 2018.

I had no idea of this until I went to vote against Katie Arrington again to ensure that, if a Republican won, it would be Nancy Mace, but found out through the poll workers I was no longer in the 1st district. They said there was a lawsuit pending over that, but I am sure nothing will come of it.

ProgressiveModerate:
Quote from: Fmr. Pres. Duke on June 28, 2022, 04:16:38 PM

It looks like my old district of SC-01 moved the entirety of downtown Charleston and one of its suburbs into Jim Clyburn's district and expanded into a rural county. I guess the state GOP was upset Joe Cunningham defeated crazy Katie Arrington in 2018.

I had no idea of this until I went to vote against Katie Arrington again to ensure that, if a Republican won, it would be Nancy Mace, but found out through the poll workers I was no longer in the 1st district. They said there was a lawsuit pending over that, but I am sure nothing will come of it.

Mace's district is trapped along the coast by Clyburns which was underpopulated, and protected by VRA, making it very hard to shore up mace much. Rural communities both to the Northeast and Southwest of Charleston along the coast Lean D because of black population, instead the only real option was to do a finer sorting of conservative Charleston suburbs into Mace's district and ones that had become bluer into Clyburns.

In a close election, these changes could matter, but Mace could still be in trouble at some point this decade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page