KS: Survey USA: Jerry Moran close to 70%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:15:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  KS: Survey USA: Jerry Moran close to 70%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS: Survey USA: Jerry Moran close to 70%  (Read 1153 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »

New Poll: Kansas Senator by Survey USA on 2010-10-12

Summary: D: 27%, R: 67%, I: 5%, U: 2%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:59:16 PM »

*YAWN*

This was a recruting failure for Democrats.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »

*YAWN*

Not really. Sebelius, their strongest candidate, would also be losing. Probably not by as much, but at least 10 points, maybe more.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

*YAWN*

Not really. Sebelius, their strongest candidate, would also be losing. Probably not by as much, but at least 10 points, maybe more.

Agreed, if Democrats haven't won a Senate election in Kansas since the Depression, this really wasn't going to be the year they broke the streak.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »

*YAWN*

I have to disagree. It would be a tie at this point if it was a Sebelius-Moran matchup, and a slim lead for Governor Sebelius if the GOP had nominated Todd Tiahrt.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »

*YAWN*

I have to disagree. It would be a tie at this point if it was a Sebelius-Moran matchup, and a slim lead for Governor Sebelius if the GOP had nominated Todd Tiahrt.

I don't see how that is at all possible given the trend in just about every other Senate race this year. Sebelius may be a kick-ass candidate for the Democrats, but really... what senate election this year could you point to that would give the Dems any hope of winning here?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »

Yeah, Obama's Secretary of Health and Human Services would have made an awesome candidate for a federal race in an overwhelmingly Republican state that probably has one of the highest percentage of voters who favor repealing Obamacare.  Republicans couldn't have possibly tied Obama around her neck.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 03:47:01 PM »

Yeah, Obama's Secretary of Health and Human Services would have made an awesome candidate for a federal race in an overwhelmingly Republican state that probably has one of the highest percentage of voters who favor repealing Obamacare.  Republicans couldn't have possibly tied Obama around her neck.

His point was based on the assumption that she remained governor.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 04:21:06 PM »

*YAWN*

I don't see how that is at all possible given the trend in just about every other Senate race this year. Sebelius may be a kick-ass candidate for the Democrats, but really... what senate election this year could you point to that would give the Dems any hope of winning here?

West Virginia. It voted for McCain by a wider margn, but Macnhin is more popular than Sebelius, so I guess it evens out.

For those of you who don't know, the name Sebelius is like Carnahan in Missouri or Pryor in Arkansas.

Except Seblilius is a REPUBLICAN name. She took the Sebelius name from her husband (who left the GOP to become a Democrat), and that's how she got elected to insurance commisioner. She was really popular there. Then in 2002, recieving wide crossover support, becuase of her willingness to reach across the aisle (which is what the media focused on) and especially because of her last name (which always gets overlooked), she won the Governor's Mansion.

She would have won the Senate seat. I am sure of that.

Oh, and you can't run for office at the same time you have a cabinet position...
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »

Sad

Lisa Johnston is such a hottie, too.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

For those of you who don't know, the name Sebelius is like Carnahan in Missouri or Pryor in Arkansas.

Great example.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 04:48:01 PM »

Great example.

I think I just felt a bucket of ice cold water dumped on my head.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »

Oh, and you can't run for office at the same time you have a cabinet position...

Says who?  Secretaries of State Madison, Monroe and Quincy Adams would certainly disagree.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 08:04:36 PM »

Great example.

I think I just felt a bucket of ice cold water dumped on my head.

Walked right into it. 

I had a feeling I would see a Carnahan comparison in this thread.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies