Blue Dogs

(1/6) > >>

classical liberal:
Has anyone heard about the Blue Dog movement.  I think it could produce upsets in areas trending to the GOP.

opebo:
Quote from: RightWingNut on March 17, 2004, 10:45:44 PM

Has anyone heard about the Blue Dog movement.  I think it could produce upsets in areas trending to the GOP.

Never heard of it.. what's it about?  I've only heard of the old Blue Dog Democrats who've pretty much all switched to the GOP.

classical liberal:
I guess it's still under the table.  The Blue Dog Coalition is a group of Conservative Democrats.  There are 38 members now.  I think 2 joined this past week.  I have a feaing that they might add a bit of weight in the south and west, and could pick up a few seats that Republicans may have written off.

Here's their website:
http://baronhill.house.gov/bluedogs/

7,052,770:
Good for them.

Ben.:
See the website… pretty simple but then again that’s not what’s important…around thirty members of congress including the likes of Harold Ford and Ben Chandler….seem like a great bunch of moderate DLC types fiscal discipline, recognition of the role of the federal government in people’s lives and an opposition to moral authoritarianism…its all good… if we make any congressional gains out west or down south we’re likely going to increase the size and power of this group…but then its only at the state level where you can really hope to go to the left on issues such as health care and education…put simply at the federal level you need to be a moderate and a responsible politician, two things Bush IMHO is not…    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page