New ranking of most Democratic and Republican states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:16:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New ranking of most Democratic and Republican states
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: New ranking of most Democratic and Republican states  (Read 25507 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2004, 12:17:15 PM »

Lieberman is a disgrace on many levels.

The most important of which is that he votes with the Republicans too often because of his own political ambitions.  We have known for years here in CT that he wanted to run for President.  

The fact is that Connecticut is one of the most liberal states in the country and we don't elect someone to congress so they can talk about family values.  We want someone who votes our interests.  And he has done NOTHING for the state of Connecticut but vote with religious zealots as if he was representing Alabama.  Not to mention the fact that as a Connecticut Taxpayer I send my money to Washington and little of it comes back to the state.  So what has he done for the state?  Absolutely nothing.  He's not even a good fiscal conservative.  I will not be voting for him the next time he is up for re-election.  I will likely not vote Republican but I am not going to an endorse a religious extremist like him.

LMAO "religious extremeist", what world are you living in that you consider Joe Liebermann a religious extremist.  I think that you are the one who is extreme if you really believe that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2004, 12:20:38 PM »

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, soulty.
CTguy

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2004, 12:22:22 PM »

By Connecticut standards he is a religious extremist.  I have seen him at rally's and such.  Where I live, we don't like politicians who exploit religion for political gain... as he does at every opportunity.  He also has supported a lot of pro-religion and pro-censorship positions in congress that were very unpopular in Connecticut.  

Again this is by the standards of his electorate.  We are the ones voting him into office, not the United States as a whole.  He should represent our views, not the most moderate views in the country so he can run a national campaign.  While I am not thrilled with Kerry, at least he didn't have a fake voting record to run for President the way Lieberman has had his entire political career.  
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2004, 12:48:58 PM »

By Connecticut standards he is a religious extremist.  I have seen him at rally's and such.  Where I live, we don't like politicians who exploit religion for political gain... as he does at every opportunity.  He also has supported a lot of pro-religion and pro-censorship positions in congress that were very unpopular in Connecticut.  

Again this is by the standards of his electorate.  We are the ones voting him into office, not the United States as a whole.  He should represent our views, not the most moderate views in the country so he can run a national campaign.  While I am not thrilled with Kerry, at least he didn't have a fake voting record to run for President the way Lieberman has had his entire political career.  

So the fact that he even mentions God makes him extreme?  
CTguy

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2004, 01:26:50 PM »

He mentions god all the time and exploits it for political purposes.  I don't have a problem with politicians who mention God, I don't care one way or another, but he has been highly supportive of initiatives the religious right have started.  He also has a highly mobilized Jewish base in Central Connecticut and he goes after issues that don't represent the majority of voters in this state, especially not democratic voters who voted him into office.

Like I said before, if the Republican party in CT wasn't such a joke that the best candidate they could run was a CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTOR then he wouldn't even be in the senate.  

I think in 2006 we will get him out of office in a primary and then maybe we can have someone who actually represents the people of this state.
dunn

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2004, 01:32:21 PM »

By Connecticut standards he is a religious extremist  

thats the key words
for some people like 'statesrights' you are extramist. it's all in the viewers' eyes
CTguy

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2004, 01:40:55 PM »

I'm sure for segregationists, who are now in their 60's and 70's, I am an ultra-liberal extremist too.  But for most people with a college education or higher I would probably be considered a moderate; and I value their opinion much more :-)
dunn

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2004, 01:50:02 PM »

The fact is that Connecticut is one of the most liberal states in the country

nor that liberal
you voted Ford 76' Reagen80' (o/c 84' too)Bush41 88'

CTguy

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2004, 02:11:32 PM »

It had been trending liberal even then in response to the South trending republican.  And lets remember, the only reason Republicans get any votes in Connecticut (even Reagan) is because Connecticut is the richest state in the nation and people are greedy and want tax cuts.  If it wasn't for that issue, Republicans wouldn't even get 10% of the vote in CT.
dunn

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2004, 02:23:26 PM »

It had been trending liberal even then in response to the South trending republican.  And lets remember, the only reason Republicans get any votes in Connecticut (even Reagan) is because Connecticut is the richest state in the nation and people are greedy and want tax cuts.  If it wasn't for that issue, Republicans wouldn't even get 10% of the vote in CT.

whay about all them weapon makers, thwy want the reps? no?
CTguy

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2004, 02:26:21 PM »

CT is no longer dominated by industries like that.  The insurance companies have bigger lobbies...  If you look at the map of CT, the only area in the state where Republicans have any strength is where I live, in the southwestern region that is mainly NYC suburbs that has a lot of people who pay a lot of taxes.  If you take away this region, Gore would have won CT by 40 points or more.
dunn

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2004, 02:31:42 PM »

your state offical site gives this numbers:
1,965,849 total registered voters -- 34.1% Dem., 22.8% Rep., .2% other parties, 42.7% unaffiliated

not very impressive but I guess you argue that many unaffiliated votes democrats
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2004, 02:57:23 PM »

You honestly think Kerry is going to win West Virginia in 2004 though?

I think we can be almost assured that he's going to. The people of West Virginia will never let a screw-up like 2000 happen again.
CTguy

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2004, 03:44:18 PM »

Unaffiliated, almost always vote by the ratio that democrats/republicans do.  Meaning if there are twice as many democrats as republicans, unaffiliated voters will vote democratic 2 to 1.  CT is no different.  The majority of unaffiliated voters go to democrats.

I mean, look at that, only 22% of voters are registered republican.  It used to be much more...  that number has been steadily decreasing and will continue to as the republicans nationally move further with their conservative agenda.
dunn

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2004, 03:49:58 PM »

Unaffiliated, almost always vote by the ratio that democrats/republicans do.  Meaning if there are twice as many democrats as republicans, unaffiliated voters will vote democratic 2 to 1.  CT is no different.  The majority of unaffiliated voters go to democrats.

I mean, look at that, only 22% of voters are registered republican.  It used to be much more...  that number has been steadily decreasing and will continue to as the republicans nationally move further with their conservative agenda.
They are not. just stamping in the place, It's the country moving left and thet stay behind
CTguy

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2004, 04:15:58 PM »

I don't think when some of them try and get evolution out of the classroom or ban being gay or ban abortion that they are simply standing in place.  

They want us to think that they merely want to slow social progress but their plan is much more devious than that.  What they really want is to outlaw freedom of religion and implement christianity as the national religion of this country.  They will also stop at nothing to achieve this goal.  
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2004, 11:59:54 PM »

I don't think when some of them try and get evolution out of the classroom or ban being gay or ban abortion that they are simply standing in place.  

They want us to think that they merely want to slow social progress but their plan is much more devious than that.  What they really want is to outlaw freedom of religion and implement christianity as the national religion of this country.  They will also stop at nothing to achieve this goal.  

sh**t!!!!  Guys he's on to us.  Damn!!!  Who let that one slip?  How did you find this out?  Someones gonna have to pay.  We'll have to eliminate you before you go on and tell everyone else about our plans.

GOD!!!  I can't believe that anyone could be so dillusional as to acctually believe that crap.  Tell me, is Liebermann in on it too, or is he an unwitting participant?

Ban being gay!?!?  What, did you and your friends make that up?
CTguy

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2004, 12:41:57 AM »

Hey, if you read the other topic before going on your pedantic little rant you'd see right-wing fanatics like you *have* in fact tried to ban being gay.  So, no I didn't "make that up," expand your mind and read it for yourself...  

And next time you call someone delusional, learn how to spell the word...  or else it makes you sound... well, delusional.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2004, 02:49:19 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2004, 03:06:45 PM by supersoulty »

Hey, if you read the other topic before going on your pedantic little rant you'd see right-wing fanatics like you *have* in fact tried to ban being gay.  So, no I didn't "make that up," expand your mind and read it for yourself...  

And next time you call someone delusional, learn how to spell the word...  or else it makes you sound... well, delusional.

Well, you got me.  I spelled a word incorrectly.  Thank you pointing that out in your arguement.  I'm sure that it makes you feel like a big man now.

Right wing fanatics in one county have banned being gay.  Whopedy Doo.  That doens't represent a large measure of conservative american and it certainly doesn't represent the Republican Party as a whole.

I find it mildly entertaining that you would call me a 'fanatic' when you were the one that called Joe Liebermann a 'religious extremeist'.  Then when I asked you what you meant, you said that 'By Conn. standards he is', so maybe it's you who needs to expand your mind out of the little liberal haven your living in up there.

Just a thought.
CTguy

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »

I am the one who is talking about issues outside of my state.  You are the one merely making personal attacks when you can't defend the things your party is up to.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2004, 03:18:04 PM »

I am the one who is talking about issues outside of my state.  You are the one merely making personal attacks when you can't defend the things your party is up to.

What are we up to?  Your the one who is here making outrageous claims.  Your the one who took time out to mock me for misspelling a word.  You want to have a talk about issues then lets have it.  You want to run around calling people extremists, than I can play that game too.

Your the one who claimed that we want to 'outlaw freedom'.  What is your basis for this?  Do you have any empirical evidence for this claim.  You called Joe Liebermann a religious extremist?  Why?  You said that Republicans and conservatives want to 'ban being gay'.  Other than what happened in this one county, you can't claim any evidence to support this claim.

You say that we are narrow-minded and intollerant, but you are intollerant toward people who never did anything to you, havn't done anything wrong and just have a different perspective on life than you do and calling Liebermann an extremist seems to me to be proof of my claim.

You run around making one personal attack after another on Republicans on this site.  You mischarecterize our possitions and then when I try to call you on it or at least give you some perspective that there is a nation out side of New England or your own little liberal world and that those people are different from you and have different beliefs and that's okay, because they aren't hurting anyone, you go off on me about how intollerant I am and how I'm engaging in personal attacks.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2004, 03:20:54 PM »

I think it's time for a general calm down...

Supersoulty, I think he got affected by discussing gay rights with StatesRights and Brambilla for, well, hours. I can feel the same effect on myself...sometimes when one is in the middle of a heated discussion the heat and anger gets carried over to another topic and hits someone else. I agree CTguy went overboard, but I think there's a reason for it...
dunn

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2004, 03:22:52 PM »

Supersoulty, I think he got affected by discussing gay rights with StatesRights and Brambilla for, well, hours. I can feel the same effect on myself...sometimes when one is in the middle of a heated discussion the heat and anger gets carried over to another topic and hits someone else. I agree CTguy went overboard, but I think there's a reason for it...
Gustaf is right, calm down guys
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2004, 03:26:08 PM »

So why does he have to take it out on me.  Jesus.  You guys know that I'm not a bomb throwing conservative right-winger, but now he is attacking me on multiple threads.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2004, 03:27:40 PM »

So why does he have to take it out on me.  Jesus.  You guys know that I'm not a bomb throwing conservative right-winger, but now he is attacking me on multiple threads.

I know that, but he hasn't been around as long...I am not saying that he's right, I think he went too far, I just explained to you why I think that is. He's been enduring gay-bashing on a few other threads for too long...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies