Voting Trends
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:25:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Voting Trends
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting Trends  (Read 1170 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2004, 01:54:51 PM »

I just printed off two election result maps, one from 2000 and one from 2004, in terms of Counties. I realized something, outside of that fact that my printer is now very low in blue ink, and I noticed that some states (many) had shifts in political allignment of their counties.

Certain things stuck out. For instance, democrats gained counties in NE, SD, ND, MT and WY. Yes, Kerry won a county in WY, I didn't believe it either. Also states like NH, MN, ME, CA, CO and VT gained Dem Counties.

On the other hand, the Republicans gained counties in PA, NY, OH, MI, IL TX, LA, AL, FL, TN, MO and OK.

Now, with this in mind, I'm starting to doubt the partisan nature of America. It appears to me that given at one point 2/5 states were swing states and outside of UT, OK, AK, HI and VT every state has at least one county voting for the opposite party, that the US is starting along a road of Purple, now clearly in 2008 we will not be talking about the swing state of Nebraska, but it seems to me that voting trends will become more fluid, but only time will tell.

Siege
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies