Comedy Goldmine & Robin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 07:37:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine & Robin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 42
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine & Robin  (Read 146207 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: January 16, 2011, 09:06:31 PM »

I don't see how supposed Christians can be so intellectually dishonest sometimes. Either killing someone is a sin or it isn't, but no...it's ok if the government does it.

Killing itself isn't wrong; murder is.

You're just playing around with words here.

Franzl, this is J.J. J.J, this is Franzl. I see you've never met before.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #526 on: January 17, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »

Unlike cars, guns are necessary for the preservation of a free state.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #527 on: January 17, 2011, 08:06:29 PM »

Thing is, I'm not one of these "typical" stupid kids.  I have a completely different mindset.

Ok, I'm just going to refrain from comment on this one.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #528 on: January 17, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »

not me.  And I eat a lot of nasty stuff.  I've had fried testicles from a buffalo and boiled testicles of a sheep.  I've had llama, alpaca, and antelope.  I've eaten frog, both cooked and raw.  I've had many different kinds of raw fish and raw seafood.  I actually had rodent.  Twice.  It's called Cuy.  I'm told that its from the guinea pig family.  In Bolivia, they serve it to you on a stick, skinned and roasted.  It looks like a shreiking rat on a stick.  In Peru, you get it on a plate, so it looks like a shreiking rat plate, but they can stick it for you as well if you want to eat it while you walk down the street.  Gamey, but not bad.  Had snake once as well.  In Texas, of all places.  Hell, I've even had Bass Ale, but only one sip--Tried chasing it with everything I could think of:  toothpaste, copenhagen, cigarettes, weed, vodka, meth, you name it.  I couldn't get that nasty taste out of my mouth for days.  Anyway, I've probably had other exotically horrible food too, that I can't remember at the moment.

But I wouldn't touch that nasty egg roll unless I was starving.  Seriously.  Even then I'd probably just eat bits of the crust and hope it'd fill me up.  And by the looks of it, I'm thinking it would.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #529 on: January 18, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »

Zack - Obama
Kelly - Probably Hillary in the primaries but wouldn't care much when she lost. Would care more about Obama winning the general.
Jessie - Hillary and would be bitter about it. Would come around to voting for Obama though.
Lisa - Obama
Slater - McCain
Screech - I can see him as a Ron Paul geek.
Mr. Belding - He wasn't actually that unreasonable or authoritarian even though he was sometimes implied to be such, so I doubt he had any right-wing authoritarian tendencies. So he'd probably be one of those education lobby Democrats, I bet he voted Obama both primary and general.

I used to hate Mr. Belding as a kid but realize now that any real life principal who let students get away with half of what he did would've been canned very quickly (not to mention that he ran a high school so lax students spent as much time talking in the hall as going to classes.)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #530 on: January 18, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2011_01/027559.php

Ohio is a pretty large, diverse state. Someone probably ought to let its new governor know. (thanks to reader R.S. for the tip)

John Kasich, like any other chief executive, deserves an essentially free hand to choose his Cabinet and inner circle. After all, voters elected Kasich as Ohio's 69th governor, and they will judge will him on how well his administration performs.
That said, it is disconcerting -- in 2011 -- to look at a composite of the 20 permanent state agency heads whom Kasich has hired so far and see only white faces and barely a handful of women.

Kasich, a former congressman, Wall Street executive, and Fox News personality, has hired 20 full-time agency directors to make up his cabinet. Of the 20, 16 are white men, four are white women. No African Americans, no Hispanics, no Asians.

I think the bottom line is px75 put this up for shock value/outrage, and it's just not there.......

Isn't it bizarre that in a state as big and diverse as Ohio, Kasich could only find white men qualified enough for a cabinet position?
Or the fact that it happens for the first time in 50 years?

I thought the article said there were some women too.........listen px, no one here believes Kasich hates blacks or browns.....k?  Thx.

The article says nowhere such a thing.

"Kasich, a former congressman, Wall Street executive, and Fox News personality, has hired 20 full-time agency directors to make up his cabinet. Of the 20, 16 are white men, four are white women. No African Americans, no Hispanics, no Asians."

If you're going to post sh**t, at least read it.  

I meant the second part of your answer, about hating blacks and browns.

Of course Ohio isn't California or New York. But it isn't Vermont or Nebraska either.

If you read the article, all previous Republican governors had no problem finding some non-white or female members for their cabinet, which is why Kasich's selections raised an eyebrow or two.

Taken as a whole, I found all of that pretty hilarious.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #531 on: January 18, 2011, 06:50:05 PM »

Roll Eyes

I hope you find it more funny than calling someone a f****t. That would mean that your sense of humor is improving.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #532 on: January 18, 2011, 10:24:04 PM »

Our inability to find women and minorities on the internets means this forum is also sexist and racist.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #533 on: January 18, 2011, 10:33:23 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130639.0

Atlasia SoFE confirmation hearing . . . (?)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #534 on: January 18, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »

The Democratic primary is going to be fun anyways. Bysiewicz vs. Murphy. I doubt the b will cause much trouble for Murphy after the election fiasco last year but she has some name recognition and probably some fundraising skill.

Neither is something that Susan has.

What about Tiffanye?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #535 on: January 19, 2011, 03:02:20 AM »

Our inability to find women and minorities on the internets means this forum is also sexist and racist.

Nah...
We make it up with our large number of gay members. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #536 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:04 AM »

Roll Eyes

I hope you find it more funny than calling someone a f****t. That would mean that your sense of humor is improving.

I fail to see the connection...had I been arguing with you over your insistence that Kasich appointed only men it would have been bad form by me to post what I did. But I wasn't.

(and, no, I never thought calling someone a f****t was particularly funny. You did, IIRC, which means that my sense of humour is as good as always, while yours might have improved, I guess)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #537 on: January 19, 2011, 05:30:56 AM »

In the Christian community we use a term "Brothers & Sisters in Christ", referring to those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.  In that respect, he's correct.

On the other hand, he is not correct, because everyone, Christian or not, are descendants of Adam, and further down, Noah.  So, in the human race, we are all related in some way.

Gov. Bentley is talking about spiritual siblings, not necessarily biological or friendship.

In the spiritual realm, even my earthly father or grandfather are my brothers and my earthly mother and grandmother are my sisters.

One of my best friends in the ministry is also my earthly cousin-by-marriage (his wife is my cousin).  So, every once in a while I will call him "Brother Cousin".  My youth minister attends the same church with me along with his dad and so did his uncle at one point.  He sometimes calls his dad "Brother Dad" or his uncle "Brother Uncle".  He calls his mom "Sister Mom" on occasion.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #538 on: January 19, 2011, 07:39:14 AM »

(and, no, I never thought calling someone a f****t was particularly funny. You did, IIRC, which means that my sense of humour is as good as always, while yours might have improved, I guess)

That's a lie of course, but who cares?
You got your point across and that's what matters.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #539 on: January 19, 2011, 07:47:38 AM »

Gustaf, px

Please GTFO Goldmine
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #540 on: January 19, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »

How can I say no to you?
Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #541 on: January 19, 2011, 08:51:47 AM »

Just do not follow Rochambeau's footsteps. He killed like what? Three goldmines?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #542 on: January 19, 2011, 03:13:21 PM »

Yeah, he killed 3 Goldmines in a row.   It was a record.

Anyway... more postings from Jokelahoma:

I heard a good line last night on the Chinese head of state's visit to the White House. To paraphrase "Tomorrow night's official state dinner will be catered by Panda Express."  For those of you who aren't familiar with Panda Express, it is a Chinese fast food chain.  I thought that was pretty funny!!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #543 on: January 19, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »

I heard a good line last night on the Chinese head of state's visit to the White House. To paraphrase "Tomorrow night's official state dinner will be catered by Panda Express."  For those of you who aren't familiar with Panda Express, it is a Chinese fast food chain.  I thought that was pretty funny!!

BushOK was the only person to make that funny.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #544 on: January 19, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »

Bentley is exactly right. Anyone attacking him is trying to apply an unconstitutional religious test to him.

Hypocrites.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #545 on: January 19, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »

btw image searching for "gay bear" is a biiiiig mistake if you forgot your Google Safe Search was off
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #546 on: January 20, 2011, 01:26:52 AM »

Nah, just clueless.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #547 on: January 20, 2011, 01:31:57 AM »

BushOK was the only person to make that funny.

Nonsense, Phil. That's cutting edge comedy in the Sooner State.

There and Branson.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #548 on: January 20, 2011, 01:36:21 PM »

Santorum is right on this one guys. Only someone beholden to the agenda of a global power elite or other individuals who believe in negative eugenics.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #549 on: January 20, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »

Santorum is right on this one guys. Only someone beholden to the agenda of a global power elite or other individuals who believe in negative eugenics.

Fnord.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies