What Book Are You Currently Reading? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:09:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Book Reviews and Discussion (Moderator: Torie)
  What Book Are You Currently Reading? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Book Are You Currently Reading?  (Read 400672 times)
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« on: April 05, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »

Richard Nixon, a life in full

by Conrad Black
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 02:32:24 PM »

Currently  rereading A Farewell to Arms

I also got The Great Gatsby which I have read before. I actually wished I had reread it before I saw the movie. I didn't think the movie was all that good but I haven't read the book in over 5 years.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »

I'm reading a book, I will give you the opening paragraph and see if you can guess it.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 02:15:59 PM »

Just got back from the library and I got a book on former Michigan governor William Milliken, a moderate republican. He was governor from 1969 to 1983. Looks interesting and should give some good insight to Michigan politics of that era. State politics from past eras can be hard to find info on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies