Education Level and the 2000/2004 vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Education Level and the 2000/2004 vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Education Level and the 2000/2004 vote  (Read 12810 times)
zachman

« on: March 16, 2004, 04:52:59 PM »

Hanover NH is home to Dartmouth and the most heavily voting section of NH. An oddity about NH is that Cheshire County, a less densely and more rustic county in SW NH, is as Democratic as Hanover's county. The northernmost, and loosely populated vacation areas of NH are the most Republican, and the urban, college, and Northern Massachusetts are the most Democratic parts of NH.

NH has the highest percentage of high tech workers, and a sky-high rate of the college educated. Although not every area with these demographics is democratic, these groups will soon overwhelm NH. I'm not sure whether banking, doctors, or the like count. Maybe we just have the most because we have so few industrial jobs.
zachman

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 05:13:24 PM »

I'd like to see a poll of Ivy League graduates. Thats where a 2:1 factor comes in. I think the reason so many of the 4 year only college graduates are Republican, is because they got a free ride to college, and come from the very wealthy. It  is difficult to come education levels, because people come from such different backgrounds and their college education could be a success or a failure.
zachman

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 02:01:05 PM »

Research issues are perhaps the most popular issue to my dad. He writes letters to our congressman and senators to complain about any science research vote. Social issues are still far more important, even to this group though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies