Senate Races 2006. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:19:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  Senate Races 2006. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Races 2006.  (Read 55818 times)
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« on: November 04, 2004, 06:55:35 PM »

How about Mass?  Is Kennedy going to run again?  I remember him saying in 1994 that he wasn't going to run again.  Guess his word is good as gold :-).  This could be a competitive race if he retires, especially if Weld makes another run for the Senate.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 11:07:19 PM »

How about Mass?  Is Kennedy going to run again?  I remember him saying in 1994 that he wasn't going to run again.  Guess his word is good as gold :-).  This could be a competitive race if he retires, especially if Weld makes another run for the Senate.

Romney for Senate!

I would think Romney would stay in the statehouse.  2006 is his reelection year.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 08:11:14 PM »

Phil, you didn't explain. Why would a person be a Democrat if they're a 100% conservative?

Also, why did Bush win Westmoreland county and Kerry win Montgomery county then?

You might be able to say Pennsylvania is a SOCIALLY conservative state, but it sure as hell isn't an economically one, or conservative overall.

You have to ask some of the conservative Dems why they stay Dem, BRTD. I obviously don't have the answer to that question.

My position on this will stay the same: More people in the state of Pennsylvania identify themselves as conservative as opposed to being moderate or liberal. You disagree? Fine. We have a difference of opinion and I doubt it will change.

Probably the same reason Zell Miller remained a Dem.  Their fathers, mothers, grandfathers, and grandmothers are all Democrats and they're not going to change their party affiliation because their family link to the Democratic party outweighs the fact that they vote Republican in national elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies