Music Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:17:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Music Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 341930 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 02, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »

I wish I could've seen the Beach Boys when they came to my area but I heard that they really weren't that good. Sad  I say this as quite a big Beach Boys fan too.

Oh, and BTW, is there anyone here from my generation who has ever listened to (or for bonus points, played) vinyl records???  Or are you all asking me, "Dude, what's vinyl???"  I'm not some hippie or audiophile, but I was just curious, especially because I was born around the time that vinyl was declining.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »

I know the old timers like to joke about my generation not knowing what vinyl records are, but I think it's way more than they assume.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »

Band I'm in recorded a few weeks ago. Here's track one, if any of y'all are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umtpfYYPtj0
Have you considered releasing on vinyl? Smiley
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:14:37 PM »

I don't really feel like creating another thread for this, so I'll just ask it here.  Do any of you think there's a good reason to buy or listen to vinyl records?  I know a lot of people think they sound better, but I've tried to compare it to digital, and I can't do it.  So if it doesn't sound better, then is there really any point in spending more money on that than you could for a digital download?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies