Music Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:01:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Music Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 341389 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« on: August 07, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »
« edited: August 07, 2010, 08:46:55 PM by HardJump »

Well I love love love country. I listen to it so much the when me and my mom go to a resturaunt and I order they ask am I visiting from the south. Tongue I love old fashioned songs like "end of the world" by Skeeter Davis or "Rose Garden" by Lynne Anderson the everly brothers etc. Then there is the newer country. Chris young, "game on", " Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"  and "Ladies love country boys"trace Atkins,"If you are going through hell" and "watching you and farmer daughter" Rodney Adkins. Reba McEntire, Carrie Underwood etc. Most of the greatest country songs are so morally bad. I of course can go on and on with country but I shall halt.

Then we hit Mo Town. The Shirelles, the Crystals and the four tops.  "Will you love me tomorrow", "Then he kissed me", and Lesley Gore. She is something. "It's my party" and the follow up song, "Its Judy's turn to cry" and a song with a tad of a movement going on, "You don't own me". And don't forget  "Be my baby" by the Ronettes.

And I adore Edith Piaf. I like "Milord" and "Non, je Ne Regrette Rien" There is also Charles Aznavour. I actually acquired him through my mom. "La Boheme" and "Emmenez-Moi" are my favorite.

Then there is anything in between. I really love any kind of song as long as it is not a) boring and it over 5 min generally. If it is over 5min I have to be doing something. B) it can not, CAN NOT be metal.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »

Then there is anything in between. I really love any kind of song as long as it is not a) boring and it over 5 min generally. If it is over 5min I have to be doing something. B) it can not, CAN NOT be metal.

A - I have a 47 minute long song on my iTunes Tongue
B - Define metal Smiley
A- if you play that don't expect me to be awake. Tongue
B- Things Pit likes, for example Metallica, etc. yuck!
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »

B - Define metal Smiley

So, thrash?  Or just loud, headbanging music?
Yes, both.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »

You have interesting taste.  Have you ever listened to Charles Trenet?

I have not, but i really like him. Smiley Thanks!!!

B - Define metal Smiley

Yes, both.

Berkeley hates you now.Tongue

HAHAHA i don't like them either. They took my ex. they cant be that great. UC Davis all the way. Wink

cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 02:47:05 PM »

Metallica have done two good songs, One and Enter Sandman. The rest of their stuff ranges from mediocre to appalling.

well it doesn't matter what it 'is' it should make me ears bleed and me cry for how horrid it is. who called this music anyways? My boss says it is a joke. and then people who take the joke seriously are not getting that it is a joke.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

B - Define metal Smiley
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes, both.
[/quote]

[/quote]

HAHAHA i don't like them either. They took my ex. they cant be that great. UC Davis all the way. Wink[/quote]

Meh, Davis bores me.  The surrounding area is too....quiet.  But my aunt is a professor there so I guess I have to like it a little.

well it doesn't matter what it 'is' it should make me ears bleed and me cry for how horrid it is. who called this music anyways? My boss says it is a joke. and then people who take the joke seriously are not getting that it is a joke.

Geez, that's a lot of anger for some music.  Did something happen when you were little?  Were you traumatized by an electric guitar?Tongue
[/quote]
no, I actually have an electric guitar. Tongue But I was also born an opera baby so to me music has to flow and be smooth for me to think it is music. Also metal physically hurts my head.

As for Davis being 'boring' I love that. I am quite tired of the bust hustle of the city. I have always loved living in rural areas. I have preferred it to the city. But the suburbs is a good compromise if i ever have to.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 03:19:15 PM »

B - Define metal Smiley

Yes, both.
[/quote]

[/quote]

HAHAHA i don't like them either. They took my ex. they cant be that great. UC Davis all the way. Wink[/quote]

Meh, Davis bores me.  The surrounding area is too....quiet.  But my aunt is a professor there so I guess I have to like it a little.

Geez, that's a lot of anger for some music.  Did something happen when you were little?  Were you traumatized by an electric guitar?Tongue
[/quote]
no, I actually have an electric guitar. Tongue But I was also born an opera baby so to me music has to flow and be smooth for me to think it is music. Also metal physically hurts my head.

As for Davis being 'boring' I love that. I am quite tired of the bust hustle of the city. I have always loved living in rural areas. I have preferred it to the city. But the suburbs is a good compromise if i ever have to.
[/quote]

Ah, all in upbringing I guess.  Metal used to give me headaches, but I warmed up to it by listening to songs that became heavier and heavier.

Well you've lived in SF for your life, I've lived in the East Bay Suburbs.  It bores me.  I mean, it's interesting from time to time, but other than the weekend getaway, I really can't see myself living in a rural area.  Although it has always made me wonder as to what would've happened if I grew up in such an environment.
[/quote]
wow. that was smart. never thought of that before.

and no i have moved most of my life. i have done the whole city, suburbs and rural.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 03:22:40 PM »

But you haven't stayed in one place?  Not surprising that you'd prefer rural.

Honestly though, Davis isn't that rural....it's just quiet.  It reminds me of those "perfect" old towns that end up in those horror films.

oooooo that would be so cool. except i cant be the one that dies cause then i wont be able to be alive to enjoy the horror.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »

But you haven't stayed in one place?  Not surprising that you'd prefer rural.

Honestly though, Davis isn't that rural....it's just quiet.  It reminds me of those "perfect" old towns that end up in those horror films.

oooooo that would be so cool. except i cant be the one that dies cause then i wont be able to be alive to enjoy the horror.

Lol, have fun with that.

But doesn't being in a small town usually filled with old retirees depress you?  Even a little?
No it would be great since I just got my dog therapy license. so a lot of business and they all probably know a lot of opera. Smiley plus old people are easier to hang with then young.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »

B - Define metal Smiley

So, thrash?  Or just loud, headbanging music?
Yes, both.

Meh, Davis bores me.  The surrounding area is too....quiet.  But my aunt is a professor there so I guess I have to like it a little.

Geez, that's a lot of anger for some music.  Did something happen when you were little?  Were you traumatized by an electric guitar?Tongue
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, all in upbringing I guess.  Metal used to give me headaches, but I warmed up to it by listening to songs that became heavier and heavier.

Well you've lived in SF for your life, I've lived in the East Bay Suburbs.  It bores me.  I mean, it's interesting from time to time, but other than the weekend getaway, I really can't see myself living in a rural area.  Although it has always made me wonder as to what would've happened if I grew up in such an environment.
[/quote]
wow. that was smart. never thought of that before.

and no i have moved most of my life. i have done the whole city, suburbs and rural.
[/quote]

That's what I did too (listening to metal, not moving Tongue). I remember that after I started listening to Metallica, I wanted to listen to other thrash metal bands, so I checked out Angel Of Death by Slayer. Needless to say, my ears were quickly routed by the intense sonic assault. I decided to try something else & checked out Skeletons Of Society, which I found quite listenable. Over time, I was then able to get into their heavier songs, as well as heavier bands.
[/quote]
Oh ok. it still isn't music though. you know what is funny. my ears don't care when our fire alarm goes off but metal hurts like sh**t.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »

I turned on the radio as I was driving home last night and we ran into some really bad folk! It was so bad I adored it! Smiley I wouldn't recommend it for you folks. Tongue
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 02:44:09 PM »

I turned on the radio as I was driving home last night and we ran into some really bad folk! It was so bad I adored it! Smiley I wouldn't recommend it for you folks. Tongue

Moldy Peaches? Tongue
I doubt it. I am not sure who it was. It seemed like a local station. I would so blast that station in my car. hehehe
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 02:47:21 PM »

Moldy Peaches? Tongue
I doubt it. I am not sure who it was. It seemed like a local station. I would so blast that station in my car. hehehe

What station?
it was like 88.8 twas weird. But santi you wont get it since it was near CSUMB.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »

Moldy Peaches? Tongue

What station?

Ah, yes. That would be a problem.
you know you should hop in your car and drive down 1 and try to see if you can find it. It was near a Burger King. Tongue
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2010, 03:10:16 PM by HardJump »

Moldy Peaches? Tongue

What station?

you know you should hop in your car and drive down 1 and try to see if you can find it. It was near a Burger King. Tongue

I don't even listen to the radio, really. Tongue
You are so primitive that you don't listen to the radio or you don't know what it is?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »

Moldy Peaches? Tongue

What station?

You are so primitive that you don't listen to the radio or you don't know what it is?

I know what it is. But it killed my interest in rock, & I don't want it to kill my interest in another genre. Tongue
you should in metal since it sucks.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »

Moldy Peaches? Tongue

What station?

I know what it is. But it killed my interest in rock, & I don't want it to kill my interest in another genre. Tongue
you should in metal since it sucks.

Not a chance. It would probably kill my interest in country or folk. Tongue
country is for good hearted people. So it is ok since well we have a problem there. Wink
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »

Worst artists ever, by Windis Tongue

25. Kenny G
24. K-Fed
23. You Me At Six
22. Ke$ha
21. Limp Bizkit
20. Jay-Z
19. Jonas Brothers
18. Vampire Weekend
17. Enter Shikari!
16. Black Eyed Peas
15. 50 Cent
14. Bullet for my Valentine
13. Jedward
12. Soulja Boy
11. 2 Live Crew
10. JLS
9. Ja Rule
8. Bring Me The Horizon
7. James Blunt
6. Crystal Castles
5. Muse
4. Breathe Carolina
3. Arctic Monkeys
2. BrokeNCYDE
1. Dot Dot Curve Smiley
take back number 7. take it back. TAKE IT BACKK!!!! :

Smiley
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 10:29:33 PM »

I thought Winston has a huge Lady Gaga fan? He posted about seeing her live.

Yeah, I've kinda faded in that regard.
she is fab! Her songs are good and so is her style. it is just to die for!
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 12:26:49 AM »

I thought Winston has a huge Lady Gaga fan? He posted about seeing her live.

Yeah, I've kinda faded in that regard.
she is fab! Her songs are good and so is her style. it is just to die for!

I pray you're being sarcastic.

No I am not. Her songs are catchy. If you don't think that. So be it. But she manages to stay in the top ranks. And I do like her style. It takes some serious creativity to dress like that. Not saying I would. If I did I bet I would be dumped but none the less she has gotton far with good reason.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies