Music Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:32:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Music Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 46
Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 339453 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2010, 04:17:51 AM »

Anybody here listen to techno or electronica?

Orbital and Leftfield yeah
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »

What's everyone's opinion of this band?

http://www.myspace.com/palatkatheband
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »

I'm going to a lot of concerts in the next few days.

Thursday - Yeasayer
Monday - Sufjan Stevens
Tuesday - Bob Dylan

It'll be the second time I've seen Yeasayer and probably like the fifth time I've seen Dylan... first time seeing Sufjan though.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2010, 01:44:51 AM »

Just previewed Alter Bridge's AB III (been waiting for this one all year), and I have to say, it's pretty damn good.  Here's my favourite track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc0xQStQxfc

A Porcupine Tree/Alter Bridge concert would mean that I can die happy.Cheesy
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2010, 01:50:59 AM »

Thursday - Yeasayer
Monday - Sufjan Stevens
Tuesday - Bob Dylan

It'll be the second time I've seen Yeasayer and probably like the fifth time I've seen Dylan... first time seeing Sufjan though.
How is Bob Dylan live?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #280 on: November 10, 2010, 03:11:21 AM »

Thursday - Yeasayer
Monday - Sufjan Stevens
Tuesday - Bob Dylan

How is Bob Dylan live?

Well, his voice is absolutely shot at this point but other than that he and his band are usually great.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #281 on: November 10, 2010, 11:50:50 AM »

As awesome as Bob Dylan is I would never see him unless I had a time machine.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #282 on: November 10, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »

I wouldn't see him at the kind of ticket prices he's able to demand.

Heh. At least he doesn't do these huge monstergigs.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #283 on: November 10, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne is comin' to the Auburn Hills Palace! Cheesy Too bad the tickets are thirty bucks, and I'll never be able to go. Sad
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne is comin' to the Auburn Hills Palace! Cheesy Too bad the tickets are thirty bucks, and I'll never be able to go. Sad

30 bucks is actually pretty damn good for an Osbourne concert.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #285 on: November 10, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »

I wouldn't see him at the kind of ticket prices he's able to demand.

Heh. At least he doesn't do these huge monstergigs.

I'm seeing him for $45 and I'm in the fifth row. Pretty reasonable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #286 on: November 10, 2010, 10:28:39 PM »

Actually buying tickets for specific seats is such a foreign idea to me I have a tough time wrapping my mind around it. Never done it, ever.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2010, 01:44:44 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2010, 01:53:42 PM by opebo »

The Frogs - hard to beat.

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2010, 04:16:26 PM »

Sick of hearing the new crappy My Chemical Romance song. Any chance of me liking them has gone.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »

I would gladly pay the thirty bucks, however, I still won't be able to go. Sad My mo is the motherly, paranoid type, who wouldn't let me or my brother go, even if we were with an adult. This is only one of the reasons I need to get three more years, thoudands more dollars, and a car real fast.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »

I would gladly pay the thirty bucks, however, I still won't be able to go. Sad My mo is the motherly, paranoid type, who wouldn't let me or my brother go, even if we were with an adult. This is only one of the reasons I need to get three more years, thoudands more dollars, and a car real fast.

Wow, your mom's even more overprotective than mine. Mine at least lets me go to concerts, though she did admit that that was only because she surmised that there is little chance of a shooting occurring at a metal concert.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2010, 04:14:07 PM »

Sick of hearing the new crappy My Chemical Romance song. Any chance of me liking them has gone.

haha, I'm surprised you even listened to it at all.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »

haha, I'm surprised you even listened to it at all.

I sort of liked Welcome to the Black Parade, and had I bought and listened to the album a few years ago, I'd probably have enjoyed it. But I just can't be doing with it now.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2010, 05:57:31 PM »

I would gladly pay the thirty bucks, however, I still won't be able to go. Sad My mom is the motherly, paranoid type, who wouldn't let me or my brother go, even if we were with an adult. This is only one of the reasons I need to get three more years, thoudands more dollars, and a car real fast.

Wow, your mom's even more overprotective than mine. Mine at least lets me go to concerts, though she did admit that that was only because she surmised that there is little chance of a shooting occurring at a metal concert.

The only concert I've been to was a Scorpions concert with ten buck lawn tickets, and I went with my dad. It was sweet, and I heard it was their farewell tour.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »

I would gladly pay the thirty bucks, however, I still won't be able to go. Sad My mom is the motherly, paranoid type, who wouldn't let me or my brother go, even if we were with an adult. This is only one of the reasons I need to get three more years, thoudands more dollars, and a car real fast.

The only concert I've been to was a Scorpions concert with ten buck lawn tickets, and I went with my dad. It was sweet, and I heard it was their farewell tour.

I've never listened to the Scorpions, actually. I went to a Boris concert back in August (my first real concert, though I had seen a teen band tournament at the Jewish Community Center) & am hoping to see Death Angel in concert in February.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #295 on: November 17, 2010, 06:47:33 PM »

I've never listened to the Scorpions, actually. I went to a Boris concert back in August (my first real concert, though I had seen a teen band tournament at the Jewish Community Center) & am hoping to see Death Angel in concert in February.

The scorpoins concert was y first "real" concert, though earlier last summer, I went to  Queen tribute concert that was good, except they didn't play "Fight From the Inside". I honestly had only listened to "noone Like you" and "Rock You Like a Hurricane" before the concert.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2010, 09:37:55 PM »

The scorpoins concert was y first "real" concert, though earlier last summer, I went to  Queen tribute concert that was good, except they didn't play "Fight From the Inside". I honestly had only listened to "noone Like you" and "Rock You Like a Hurricane" before the concert.

I've never heard Fight From The Inside, actually. I'm thinking about getting News Of The World at some point in the sort-of-near future, though.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2010, 01:12:31 AM »

If you buy Queen and you have a turntable, get it on vinyl, preferably coloured vinyl.  Trust me, it's worth the extra cost...my A Night at the Opera is one of my most cherished possessions and plays wonderfully.  Listening to Bohemian Rhapsody on the warm feeling and crackle of vinyl is one of my favourite things to do.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2010, 01:14:37 AM »

If you buy Queen and you have a turntable, get it on vinyl, preferably coloured vinyl.  Trust me, it's worth the extra cost...my A Night at the Opera is one of my most cherished possessions and plays wonderfully.  Listening to Bohemian Rhapsody on the warm feeling and crackle of vinyl is one of my favourite things to do.

I love that album.

Ive only recently discovered Abbey Road (don't judge me....). I never was much of a Beatles fan, up until my friend bought the album and we both sat down and listened to it. It's quite amazing I will admit. Mind you though, I was quite under the influence while listening.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2010, 03:17:41 AM »

I must agree, A Night At The Opera is a great album. Everyone knows Bohemian Rhapsody, but I find Death On Two Legs, '39 & The Prophet's Song to be great songs that do not garner anywhere close to the praise they deserve.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies