CT: Quinnipiac University: Blumenthal's lead drops to 10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 07:37:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CT: Quinnipiac University: Blumenthal's lead drops to 10
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CT: Quinnipiac University: Blumenthal's lead drops to 10  (Read 3482 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »

Seeing as Schiff has no chance... Connecticut's second best option is McMahon. Scary stuff, but at least she holds Simmons at bay.

Hey - Senator McMahon is better than Senator Blumenthal.  Scott Brown needs some company.

(Even if you don't like those two personally, electing more Republicans from New England will force the New England Dems rightward on economic policy).

I personally don't want her in there because she is exactly the wrong candidate for New England voters and for the Republican Party. She has so much baggage from her time at WWE, that Blumenthal will win by default because Connecticut voters will not want further embarrassment in senate after Dodd. Blumenthal may be liberal, but at least he won't be a joke as senator. New England Republicans better put their hopes up for Ayotte, Toomey, and winning back house seats this year. I don't see Republicans winning if McMahon is the nominee, in either of the New York senate races, or against Leahy.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 07:06:03 PM »

McMahon has the smallest deficit in the polls. She's the only one with the good ol'fashioned moolah to beat Blumenthal. Voters don't really give a sh*t about the WWE stuff, anyway. Really.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 07:59:31 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2010, 08:04:44 PM by Lunar »

Simmons was quite a dumbass, but regardless I am quite pleased to see that useless Moderate Hero joke get what he deserves.

100% NARAL, supported EFCA, cap-n-trade, opposed CAFTA...he certainly wasn't completely useless as a Congressman (or at least less useless than a good chunk of the Democratic conference, as far as Democratic issues go).  As a senatorial candidate?  Yeah, probz, he never really seemed to find his footing against McMahon after Dodd dropped out.

He should have been better positioned to take advantage of the Blumenthal situation with his own military creds, but just couldn't handle McMahon's advertising onslaught.  As Mr. Moderate pointed out here, McMahon is pretty much an expert at advertising a useless product, so it makes sense that she'd excel at this [he probably had a broader emphasis the "useless product"].
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »

Oh so Simmons is like Mark Kirk. He sucks. Glad he got owned.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »

I see that Triple H was at McMahon's victory party last night. Is he gonna give Blumenthal the pedigree?
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »

I see that Triple H was at McMahon's victory party last night. Is he gonna give Blumenthal the pedigree?

I didn't see Vince there. Did I miss it?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 08:20:05 PM »

I was mocked several months ago for saying "Lean D." Tongue
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 08:44:17 PM »

Didn't he marry her daughter?
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »

Yes he did.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »

Yes he did.

Didn't the original television version of the marriage revolve around him drugging her or something? Ah, that was so many years ago...

If I was a member of Blumenthal's oppo research team, I'd be quite bummed about the work load... there must be so much stuff to wade through.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies