Open Topic....2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:42:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Open Topic....2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Open Topic....2008  (Read 16546 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 03, 2004, 02:32:33 PM »

I want a very popular and well known business man, perferrably on an independent or 3rd party ticket.  I haven't scouted out the field yet, but I have some ideas (and no, not Donald Trump or Bill Gates).  We need someone with proven business experience, especially in the executive levels, to streamline our nation and make it extremely competitive in the global market.  This includes cutting unnecessary expenses as well as boosting our income (foreign investments).

I say I want him/her on the independent or 3rd party ticket just so he/she won't be a part of the typical partisan BS that goes on. 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 02:47:05 PM »

This is important for the Libertarian and the other 3rd parties.  They must start forming and advertising by June 2005 if they are to get some serious coverage in 2008.

Add onto that the fact that all the 3rd parties need to combine together and petition for campaign reform to allow the dominant 3rd parties access to and consideration for the 2008 campaign events/coverage.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 03:01:04 PM »

There are days where I consider signing up as a Libertarian (even though they do not match my ideals) just to increase their "base" so they have more muscle to force themselves into the 2-party dominated environment.  My cousin has, and campaigns in NC as a Libertarian (though he has yet to win).
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 01:25:40 PM »

Allen vs Warner . . . VA all over again!  Smiley

I don't think Allen will be able to run on the "End the car tax" platform this time though.  Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 11:40:14 PM »

Wasn't Cuba a U.S. territory for a while?

Following the Spanish-American war in 1898, the US occupied the country of Cuba until the US turned over control in 1902.  In 1903, the Cuban-American treaty set up the framework for relations between the two countries, including the ceding of Guantanamo Bay to the US as a military base to protect the island nation.

Just as throughout the history of the US, we turn over nations we occupy following the end of a war.  Just think, if we haven't, the US would also include nations such as the Philippines (I could actually use my Tagalog more) and Germany. 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 07:59:27 AM »

2)Cheney was not a better VP than Edwards. The fact is the VP doesn't count (for this election).

I guess that shots a hole in Shira's rant that Cheney was actually running the country for the last 4 years.  hahaha
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies