Open Topic....2008

<< < (2/10) > >>

MODU:

There are days where I consider signing up as a Libertarian (even though they do not match my ideals) just to increase their "base" so they have more muscle to force themselves into the 2-party dominated environment.  My cousin has, and campaigns in NC as a Libertarian (though he has yet to win).

NHPolitico:
Well, I pegged Craig Benson for '08, but he pulled a Barnes and lost.

So,

Pawlenty-Rounds '08!

Keystone Phil:
Quote from: NHPolitico on November 03, 2004, 04:10:49 PM

Well, I pegged Craig Benson for '08, but he pulled a Barnes and lost.

So,

Pawlenty-Rounds '08!

I've looked into Pawlenty a bit and he seems alright. I don't think he'll run though.

Reaganfan:
LIKELY RUNNERS

George Pataki
Rudy Giuliani
Mitt Romney

TICKET I WANT::::

Giuliani/Rice

njsketch:
I have to admit, the Republicans may field a conservtive governor from Massachusettes for 2008...Mitt Romney looks quite appealing.

I would also add Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki and Chuck Hagel also look to be formidable.

What will be so exciting is the open primaries at the same time.  No incumbents, even playing field and no 'Rose Garden' Strategy.

I have to say, from the way things look now, the Republicans have a much stronger field of candidates than Democrats.

On the Dem side, I would say Hillary is the top choice as of now, but who knows what happens in the future.  She still has a Senate run in 2006, and with stiff opposition (if there is), will she want to run again on the heels of a Senate campaign?  Other Democrats come to mind, but they don't seem to have a broad appeal..Evan Bayh, John Edwards and perhaps Howard Dean again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page