I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:38:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 50309 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2010, 06:57:54 AM »

You just wanted another opportunity to engage in your usual ravings on how horrible it is to be poor, living in America today and how good it is to have a public sector job.

Yes of course!  And all of those things are absolutely true, Gustaf.

You took a pretty limited interest in the actual case, unlike the people who actually put in research or valid points on the specifics of this situation.

Only an imbecile would need to research this to know it was what it was, Gustaf.   (not dissimilar from the economics thread).

That's not the point...the point was that this actually convinced BushOK to not go through with it. That is, those people actually did some good for him instead of using this as an excuse to recycle their tired tirades about politics.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2010, 07:03:49 AM »

That's not the point...the point was that this actually convinced BushOK to not go through with it. That is, those people actually did some good for him instead of using this as an excuse to recycle their tired tirades about politics.

But my tirades, however tired, are always correct, Gustaf.  I'm not going to jump through hoops to get some worker to recognize himself, when I've already trotted out the truth for him once.  Good lord man, if we set ourselves up to actually reform the idiocy of the masses, rather than just poke fun at them for it, we'd live a life of even great frustration.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2010, 08:01:04 AM »

http://www.dhmo.org/
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2010, 08:34:33 AM »

Oh wow. That would be the core post of the whole thread.

I normally try to stay out of these trainwreck potential threads because... uh... hard to explain really, but I try not to read them. But just right now I read most of this, only skimmed some parts.
That on-company link also looked like one of those registered domains that aren't being used, and not at all like how legit company websites look.

Damn you for quitting your job... why the hell did you do that before signing anything with what you thought would be your new employers?
Ifyou hadn't done that everything'd be fine right now, you needed a little help seeing through the scam, invested some time and nerve in it too but that can happen to people, the important part would be that in the end you did see through it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 08:48:55 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revenge_(Seinfeld)#Plot
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2010, 11:15:42 AM »

How is that the moral of the story? I'd say it is rather "listen to anyone who posted in this thread".

I don't think anyone posted anything other than warnings.

Not on the first page.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2010, 01:14:19 PM »

The worst part is your signature.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's really not witty at all and doesn't make any sense. You're a Bush fan, who is apparently quite conservative. If you were going to switch to the G.O.P. that means you were already a Dem, which means that you didn't need to re-register. WTF?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »

That's really not witty at all and doesn't make any sense. You're a Bush fan, who is apparently quite conservative. If you were going to switch to the G.O.P. that means you were already a Dem, which means that you didn't need to re-register. WTF?
BushOK likes all establishment politicians (except coastal Liberal Democrats without national ambitions and the worst Christian Rightists of the Oklahoma Republican party). It's a mistake, though an understandable one, to jump from his username to the conclusion that he is "a Bush fan".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »

How is that the moral of the story? I'd say it is rather "listen to anyone who posted in this thread".

Not on the first page.

He was beaten by this.

That said, I'd be careful of such firms.  I've had my resume on CB and Monster and got a lot of crap that was not Accounting related and looked like a scam.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »

BushOK likes all establishment politicians (except coastal Liberal Democrats without national ambitions and the worst Christian Rightists of the Oklahoma Republican party). It's a mistake, though an understandable one, to jump from his username to the conclusion that he is "a Bush fan".

Yes, but if he was planning on switching to R, then why would he need to register again as a D, unless he had already switched and had "voter's remorse"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »

Jesse, I. Will try to call my sup tomorrow afternoon and see what he says. Hopefully, if I can't
Get on Monday, then Tuesday and just lose a day's pay.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »

Yes, but if he was planning on switching to R, then why would he need to register again as a D, unless he had already switched and had "voter's remorse"?
No idea. Maybe he moved? Or Oklahoma contacts you at regular intervals to ask if anything had changed?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2010, 02:37:50 PM »

No idea. Maybe he moved? Or Oklahoma contacts you at regular intervals to ask if anything had changed?

LOL. No idea.

Well, Bushie, I wish you the best of luck and have you in my prayers. That's tough to do, but please don't be naïve. There are a lot of people with intentions to hurt out there and intentions to cheat.

You're a really good guy, and a hard worker and I'd hate to see crap happen to you. So please, please, be careful.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »

Not on the first page.

He was beaten by this.

That said, I'd be careful of such firms.  I've had my resume on CB and Monster and got a lot of crap that was not Accounting related and looked like a scam.

The point was I got the impression he thought because it came from CB it was legit.  Mind you I've had legit interviews from there and it's a good tool, but I wouldn't overly trust it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »

I asked a co-worker if she thought I could get back on at my same position and she highly doubts it considering that I left ONG with 48 hours notice.  She does think it's possible to call HR, though, and see if I can get A job with them, whether that's the call center or meter reading or what have you.  That's what I'll probably do at 8:00 am Monday morning.  I'm still going to put resumes out and see if i can get anything that way.  Now, if and when I get a job, either ONG or elsewhere, I am going to disable that e-mail account where the scam went to.  It was just my school account, so it's no biggie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »

Guys, if you pray, please pray for me.  I've worried myself to the point that I'm starting to get physically sick.  I don't need this heartache and I would give anything to just go back to this past Wednesday morning and start again.

I've prayed that I'm giving it to God, but I still keep trying to take it back and that's causing me even more heartache.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »

Why don't you try calling your supervisor instead of asking coworkers what they think? It's time to take control and stop relying on prayer when it comes to this. This is your destiny. You can either make or break it. All they can tell you is no. I have no idea why you left with only 48 hours notice considering you said yourself that you would work a 2 week notice.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »

God gave you your body and mind and the free will to make your own choices.  While you claim he is guiding you, I see you making rash and compulsive decisions without thinking them through all that much.

Do as Duke says.  Call your supervisor and let him or her know what happened and ask him or her if there's anything they could do to get your job back.

I don't know that praying would do any good because
1)  God didn't guide you nor was he involved in any way whatsoever with this process
2)  He will also not be involved with making it better

He can help you make yourself feel better... but the moving and hte doing has to be done using your own determination and willpower.  You can't nor should you just submit yourself to "God's Will" because all it does is make your compulsiveness worse and makes you use God to justify it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »

I'm a little encouraged now.  I've got friends who are helping me out and trying to pull some strings at ONG and elsewhere, so at least I'm not alone in this fight, although I should be since it was my mistake.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »

Don't be afraid to use connections when you can. As they say, it's not about what you know, it's who you know. But you need to be proactive in this rather than throwing up your hands and saying that God will handle it. You apparently did that last time and look where it got you!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »

I'm a little encouraged now.  I've got friends who are helping me out and trying to pull some strings at ONG and elsewhere, so at least I'm not alone in this fight, although I should be since it was my mistake.

You're anything but alone in the fight, Bushie.  Even if we think it was a stupid thing to do, we're all hoping for you too.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2010, 09:18:05 PM »

And damn do some of us know how some employers can be.  They can jettison you in an instant, but so help you God you don't give 2 weeks notice.  I can definitely empathize with your objective BushOK.  A lot of employers want to be cheapskates right now and love the current workers' mentality of "I'll take anything."  This is a race to the bottom and could lead to a deflationary spiral we don't need right now.  IMO, now more than ever we need EFCA passed, but it seems to be stalled.  That would be FAR more important than the health care bill. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »

One of my friends just called me and gave an interesting scenario that I had not thought of, and I wanted to pass it by you guys and see what you think.

Susan and I want to move to Arizona in 2012.  This friend told me to go ahead and start looking in Arizona now and if I get a job down there in the place we want to live, then take my fiancee', elope, and get moved down there.  As far as my house is concerned, talk to people at church and rent it out for three or four years so I wouldn't have to sell it and have to pay back the government.  Of course, she said definitely keep looking up here, but don't rule Arizona out right now, either.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:58 PM »

You're trying to do way too much at once. How much time can you be unemployed before you start having trouble paying your bills etc. 2012 is far out and the world may end then!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »

Planning on getting married sooner instead of putting all your energies into getting your old job back?  Hmmmm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies