I never said I wouldn't gloat. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:29:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  I never said I wouldn't gloat. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I never said I wouldn't gloat.  (Read 44263 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: November 03, 2004, 11:28:15 AM »

The best aprt is that Al Franken, Michael Moore, and George Soros who hated this President so much, who lied so frivolously, and went to unprecedented lengths to destroy the commander in chief in wartime (memogate anyone?) have failed.  They hate Bush, and the fact that they will have to stumble about for the next four years knowing that America has re-elected George Bush not out of naivite or ignorance but with full knowledge of who and what he is and believes will crush their spirit.  They will never beat George W. Bush.  They had their shot, and he will now be able to go around for the rest of his life strutting his Texas strut and he gets immortal bragging rights.  They will never get to beat him.  Ever.  That's the best part.

I don't know if I could have withstood the Moore's and the Soros's getting the bragging rights.  Kerry would have been a piss poor President, but it would have only been one term.  The real kick in the nads would have been Michael Moore and his like winning and getting to rub our noses in it forever.  Now, they will never get to do that.

God bless the American people, they certainly deserve it tonight.

Man, you hit the nail right on the head.  Seeing those people successful in their hateful campaign against a man who has done his best for America would probably have bothered me a lot more than seeing John Kerry as president.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 05:14:14 PM »

Kerry got 61% in RI, 63% in MA, and 58% in NY.

I think it's best if 'we'* let 'them'** govern themselves.

-------------

*'We' will be defined as The "New England Triangle", containing MA, RI, CT (maybe) and NYC and LI.

**'Them' Are the NASCAR idiots who watch cars drive in circles and waste billions of dollars worth of gas every saturday and sunday, or whenever the hell they drive in circles.

I am ASHAMED to be part of the same country with the rednecks who re-elected this lying f**ck because he 'keeps them safe'.

I am a Massachusettonian/RhodeIslandan/GreaterNYArean.  They are Southerners.  I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

Call me an elitist.  Damn sure I am.  Nothing wrong with elitism.

Your attitude is very sad.  You should listen to Sen. Kerry's speech.  There should really be no such bitterness this time - Pres. Bush won fair and square.

Although I am a northeasterner, I find the type of northeastern elitism you express to be repulsive.  We may dress better (at least some of us) than some people in other parts of the country, we may have better restaurants and our tastes may be more sophistocated, but that doesn't make us better or wiser than our fellow Americans.

My sense is that people in the heartland have a certain wisdom and understanding about bedrock American principles that many people around here lack, and we're too stuck up, snobby and elitist to recognize that the people in flyover country that we consider inferior may have something to teach us.  That attitude is really a shame.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 05:36:37 PM »

Speaking from part of flyover country, thanks Dazzleman!

Anytime, buddy.  I hate to see that attitude, and it really gives the lie to the pretensions that people in this part of the country have about being tolerant and inclusive.  It's really quite embarrassing.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 01:36:53 PM »

Obebo and BossTweed, please campaign actively for the next Democratic nominee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies