I never said I wouldn't gloat.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:58:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  I never said I wouldn't gloat.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I never said I wouldn't gloat.  (Read 44098 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2004, 05:06:20 AM »

Raharr!  Chomp chomp.  A Catholic for breakfast?  Yum yum.  Them's good eatin'.

fb
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2004, 07:47:11 AM »

I totally agree.  The electoral college system is an albatross around the neck of this country that gives disproportionate representation to rural, backward, sparsely populated states like Wyoming and Utah.  They are overrun with religious fundamentalists who are ruthless in promoting their version of morality.  What scares me more than anything else in the world is people who are absolutely certain that they are right, without question, unswervingly convinced of their own morality.

fb

Bush won the popular vote too.........
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 01:38:10 AM »

I totally agree.  The electoral college system is an albatross around the neck of this country that gives disproportionate representation to rural, backward, sparsely populated states like Wyoming and Utah.  They are overrun with religious fundamentalists who are ruthless in promoting their version of morality.  What scares me more than anything else in the world is people who are absolutely certain that they are right, without question, unswervingly convinced of their own morality.

fb

The real problem with these people is they think they know what is right for *other people*, and they concern themselves with other's private business.  They should expect to be hated for that.

There was a very good reason the Romans fed these cultists to the lions.

Please stay in Thailand.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2004, 01:53:43 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2004, 01:57:38 AM by J. J. »

Kerry got 61% in RI, 63% in MA, and 58% in NY.

I think it's best if 'we'* let 'them'** govern themselves.

-------------

*'We' will be defined as The "New England Triangle", containing MA, RI, CT (maybe) and NYC and LI.

**'Them' Are the NASCAR idiots who watch cars drive in circles and waste billions of dollars worth of gas every saturday and sunday, or whenever the hell they drive in circles.

I am ASHAMED to be part of the same country with the rednecks who re-elected this lying f**ck because he 'keeps them safe'.

I am a Massachusettonian/RhodeIslandan/GreaterNYArean.  They are Southerners.  I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

Call me an elitist.  Damn sure I am.  Nothing wrong with elitism.

I couldn't agree more Boss Tweed, and I'm from Missouri!  Let the economically productive and socially enlightened parts of the country free from those religious leeches in the South and 'heartland'.  (I hate that stupid term 'heartland'.)

I find it interesting how the Loony Left, like bopeepo, who claim to love American want to talk of succession.  These type of posts illustrate what's wrong with elements of the Democratic Party, and why the Party loses so many elections.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2004, 01:59:37 AM »

I am so depressed I am going to go weep in the corner and slit my wrists with a rusty razorblade.

Wink

j/k

fb

Your "loss" would be the species gain.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2004, 07:47:54 AM »

KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2004, 08:44:48 AM »

You Northeasterners can have Michael Moore as your prez... maybe Whoopi Goldberg can find time to be your VP.  And in your schools there can be classes on the greatness called the Carter Presidency.
The rest of America will drink beer, wave giant flags on the 4th of July, watch Nascar and baseball and football, go to church, have yard sales, listen to classic rock and country music, and enjoy the extra air that is ours and not being wasted by an elitist liberal college professor who keeps a picture of Screamin' Howard Dean in his wallet.
CAN I GET AN AMEN, FELLOW CONSERVATIVE BROTHERS?!?

Um......you have an Illinois avatar......can anyone say hypocracy?
Mikem
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2004, 11:58:22 AM »

Um......you have an Illinois avatar......can anyone say hypocracy?

How is that hypocritical, are you assuming that Illinois is a bastion for elitism?  Chicago and Illinois are two different things, 50 miles from the lake and out the culture is much different.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2004, 12:59:43 PM »

-------------

*'We' will be defined as The "New England Triangle", containing MA, RI, CT (maybe) and NYC and LI.

**'Them' Are the NASCAR idiots who watch cars drive in circles and waste billions of dollars worth of gas every saturday and sunday, or whenever the hell they drive in circles.

I am ASHAMED to be part of the same country with the rednecks who re-elected this lying f**ck because he 'keeps them safe'.

I am a Massachusettonian/RhodeIslandan/GreaterNYArean.  They are Southerners.  I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

I couldn't agree more Boss Tweed, and I'm from Missouri!  Let the economically productive and socially enlightened parts of the country free from those religious leeches in the South and 'heartland'.  (I hate that stupid term 'heartland'.)

Right.  The economy is so much more productive in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and upstate New York than it is in Florida, Colorado, and Nevada.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2004, 01:36:53 PM »

Obebo and BossTweed, please campaign actively for the next Democratic nominee.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2004, 01:54:41 PM »

-------------

Right.  The economy is so much more productive in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and upstate New York than it is in Florida, Colorado, and Nevada.

Well Michigan produces quite a few cars, for one thing.

There is also a lot of growth in the high tech sector in the Ann Arbor and Detroit metro areas.

The caricature of Michigan as a backwards state economically is not entirely accurate.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2004, 05:04:21 PM »

I never said I wouldn't gloat.  So I wanted to take this opportunity to point out how good this feels.

The country has vindicated Bush.  They have vindicated the war in Iraq, the Patriot Act, the tax cuts, the traditional values.  We will win the popular vote majority that no one has gotten since 1988.

They have given us a governing majority in the House and Senate, and soon a governing majority on the Federal Bench.  We also have gains at the state level.

They have rejected the draft scare, the medi-scare, the choice scare, and evereything else the Demos tried to trick America with.

They have rejected the guy who trashed his fellow servicemen, who cursed out a secret service agent, and whose wife can't keep her mouth shut.

Now, the neocons get to finish in iraq (we've pushed into Fallujah I heard tonight), complete the grand project there, vindicate our mission and our philosophy, and secure our place in history as the new soul of American foreign policy.  The troops will come home with a victory, and their friends will not have dies for nothing.

And all this feels good, but its not the best part.

The best aprt is that Al Franken, Michael Moore, and George Soros who hated this President so much, who lied so frivolously, and went to unprecedented lengths to destroy the commander in chief in wartime (memogate anyone?) have failed.  They hate Bush, and the fact that they will have to stumble about for the next four years knowing that America has re-elected George Bush not out of naivite or ignorance but with full knowledge of who and what he is and believes will crush their spirit.  They will never beat George W. Bush.  They had their shot, and he will now be able to go around for the rest of his life strutting his Texas strut and he gets immortal bragging rights.  They will never get to beat him.  Ever.  That's the best part.

I don't know if I could have withstood the Moore's and the Soros's getting the bragging rights.  Kerry would have been a piss poor President, but it would have only been one term.  The real kick in the nads would have been Michael Moore and his like winning and getting to rub our noses in it forever.  Now, they will never get to do that.

God bless the American people, they certainly deserve it tonight.

You are so Right, The best part is seeing those Cocky SOB's have to live with President Bush for Four More Years!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2004, 07:32:03 AM »

-------------

I find it interesting how the Loony Left, like bopeepo, who claim to love American want to talk of succession.  These type of posts illustrate what's wrong with elements of the Democratic Party, and why the Party loses so many elections.

I never claimed to love America.  Its a very unpleasant place in which to live.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2004, 07:40:09 AM »

The rest of America will drink beer, wave giant flags on the 4th of July, watch Nascar and baseball and football, go to church, have yard sales, listen to classic rock and country music, and enjoy the extra air that is ours

Yes, you've definitely described an utterly repulsive lifestyle.  But I have no problem if you want to waste your precious time that way.  Just leave those of us in the civilized portions of the country alone to pursue our own lifestyles.

(Yes, I know I'm from Missouri, but I like to think of St. Louis as part of the good US.  After all both St. Louis City and County went for Kerry in a big way.. we're just an island in a sea of meth-addled yokels.)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2004, 12:03:23 PM »

I never said I wouldn't gloat.  So I wanted to take this opportunity to point out how good this feels.

LOL! I'm classifying my "gloating" as simply praising God that there remains enough God-fearing Christians in the US to send shock waves around the world!

Yes, may God bless the USA!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2004, 12:05:54 PM »

Here we see the real bopeepo.  He favors election fraud, when done be Democrats, doesn't like religion, and doesn't love his country.  While not the spokesman for the Democratic, he clearly is the spokesman for the Loony Left.  And we don't even have to stereotype.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2004, 01:45:14 PM »

Here we see the real bopeepo.  He favors election fraud, when done be Democrats, doesn't like religion, and doesn't love his country.  While not the spokesman for the Democratic, he clearly is the spokesman for the Loony Left.  And we don't even have to stereotype.

Actually I hardly fit any types at all.  Certainly I'm not 'Left' in any way.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2004, 01:56:45 PM »

Here we see the real bopeepo.  He favors election fraud, when done be Democrats, doesn't like religion, and doesn't love his country.  While not the spokesman for the Democratic, he clearly is the spokesman for the Loony Left.  And we don't even have to stereotype.

Some of the stuff you say sounds like it came off the Bin Laden video tape. Sad really.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2004, 01:57:28 PM »

If you don't think you're left of center, you either don't understand the term or you are mentally ill.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2004, 01:49:54 PM »

Here we see the real bopeepo.  He favors election fraud, when done be Democrats, doesn't like religion, and doesn't love his country.  While not the spokesman for the Democratic, he clearly is the spokesman for the Loony Left.  And we don't even have to stereotype.

Some of the stuff you say sounds like it came off the Bin Laden video tape. Sad really.

Bin Laden isn't 'Left' either.  He's a fundamentalist religious conservative.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2004, 02:14:52 PM »

He's a fascist, like most Democrats.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2004, 10:54:57 PM »

If you don't think you're left of center, you either don't understand the term or you are mentally ill.

Actually Opebo is just an extreme libertarian and an extreme Machiavellian, and he thinks that social issues matter more (at least for now) than economic issues.

Taking all of that into consideration, his behavior makes perfect sense.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2004, 11:27:07 PM »

He's a fascist, like most Democrats.

durrr
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2005, 10:30:01 AM »

What results were you look at with Kerry @ 61% in RI?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2005, 03:17:05 PM »

What results were you look at with Kerry @ 61% in RI?

Probably early results - maybe pre-absentee. Kerry actually was at 91% in D.C. in some results at some point.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies