I will now accept my accolades (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:40:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I will now accept my accolades (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I will now accept my accolades  (Read 284680 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: November 03, 2004, 02:54:13 AM »

Yeah, so where are Fish and Handler and all the rest of them? Not to be found.

Hey, that GOP GOTV was non-existant, huh? And how 'bout them exit polls?

Good grief. I'm absolutely positively certain there will be an excuse, so what's the point.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 04:06:03 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2004, 04:17:44 PM by TheGiantSaguaro »

After reading through this thread, I guess maybe I gave Fishy and the other one too much credit. I at least thought they'd have come back by now with a consiracy theory or a garbage excuse. Smiley
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 04:34:23 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2004, 04:36:35 PM by TheGiantSaguaro »

After reading through this thread, I guess maybe I gave Fishy and the other one too much credit. I at least thought they'd have come back by now with a consiracy theory or a garbage excuse. Smiley

Wouldn't somebody who was supposedly volunterring for the Bush Campaign as he claimed he was (even though all of us know better), be happy that Bush has won.  You would think even a pessimistic campaign worker would be more than happy to admit he was wrong. 

Yeah, there's no way. I've worked on campaigns before and even if one is that pessimistic, you'e not working for a campaign, I don't think. You're probably sitting at home not even paying attention to it if you're that pessimistic. He was a Dem troll for sure.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 11:06:22 PM »

I love CI's map - lol Smiley That's hilarious. The entire southeast and southwest going Kerry - if that's not a joke, I don't know what it is. Smiley

You know, I hope Fishy didn't get hold of those exit polls and go bet everything he had that Kerry would win.

Oh well, you live and learn. Maybe he learned that you don't count your proverbial chickens before the eggs have hatched.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 09:34:12 AM »

Foolish and silly to predict victory based on a slim lead in a very early exit poll of a few swing state(s). Anyone who would do that doesn't have any experience. And anyone who has ever worked the polls on an election day can reasonably observe that the later it gets the more GOP turns out.

And this guys was a Bush campaign volunteer. That makes me laugh.

BTW, I wonder where Nomo is/has been. Intensive care?
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 09:38:06 AM »

Nomo was banned and so was his IP.

Now might be a good time to bring him back though. Comedy and all.

I see. About time, I guess. He really became quite unnerving there before he all of a sudden stopped posting. Necessary, I think.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 06:30:30 PM »

lol, this topic is still up here and going strong. Smiley Hey, I'll contribute a post every now and then. Smiley

I don't hardly ever rub something in, and in fact I didn't even discuss the election with my Democrat friends until they brought it up. But this one needs some rubbing in. I just can't believe anybody serious would make these kinds of predictions and guarantees based on early, slim leads in exit polls of swing states. A landlside? Oh, please. This is really funny. I just read it through from the beginning for the first time since election day. I'm smiling. Gosh, I hope Fishy didn't take the proverbial bridge. He seemed pretty convinced, even for a believer in a lost cause. Smiley
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 07:18:02 PM »

I took the same tack. I had many friends predicting a decisive Kerry victory. Hell, I even went along with them for the sake of not starting an argument. God knows there were enough of those during the campaign. When it was over, I could barely bring myself to rub it in. I mean, they were soooo dejected. You'd have thought someone just shot their puppy or something.

Yeah, I didn't even bring it up. A few I didn't even hear from until about Sunday, it was like they were in mourning. Then the other half just dismissed it with an I don't really care, I can't stand either one of them. Then on the other hand, the GOPers were calling me the next morning. Watching election returns is almost like watching the Super Bowl and the media frames it that way, so I guess they do a good job of grabbing everyone's attention. Almost everyone I know watched at least part of the returns, depending upon where they were. We even get a pre-game show of sorts.

Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 09:38:12 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2004, 09:41:48 AM by TheGiantSaguaro »

LOL, I can't believe this thread is still up at the top. Since the board has decidedly slowed down since the election, I say we keep it going at least till Inauguration day.

Reading through the beginning of this again, I'm reminded of an old buddy who hasn't made a guarantee [about much of anything] since one of the Bills/Cowboys Super Bowls in the '90s, 1993 maybe. "I'm tryin' to tell you Cowboys it's gonna be ugly for you..." He guaranteed the Bills would run away with it. He was a big Buffalo fan. Well, to my knowledge, that's the last guarantee he made. Maybe... wait a minute. That might have been Fish!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies