Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:17:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq  (Read 19067 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« on: March 15, 2004, 09:19:48 AM »

I can understand the anger of people here towards the Spanish withdrawl from Iraq. I look at it like this, 500+ TROOPS have died in Iraq, but that's part of their job, this is expect. Spain has forces there, but instead of attacking the troops they attack civilians, those who are not responsible. The innocent and uninvolved. Instead of attacking the soldiers they have gone for the soldiers' grandparents, siblings, parents and children.

By asking the Spanish to keep their troops in Iraq they were asking the civilians to suffer. I'm not sure if I were the Prime Minister of Spain I could ask the people to do that, I can understand their position.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 09:52:56 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2005, 08:27:45 PM by Peter Bell »

True, but the Spanish want to put Spain first, the world second. They're trying to guarentee their own security. If I was living in Italy, Turkey, or Britain I'd be very angry with the Spanish. They've now proved that Al-Qaeda's methods work.

Siege40
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies