Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:46:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq  (Read 19088 times)
CTguy

« on: March 15, 2004, 10:24:41 AM »

They don't think terrorism is just going to go away, but they understand that just bombing Iraq isn't going to make it go away.  Do you they feel safer now that Saddam Hussein is out of power?  Do you?  

90% of the spanish public was against the War in Iraq, this brought the topic back up and made it a referendum on Iraq.  I think Blair and his confidants must be very nervous right now.  I did a semester of college in London right after the height of opposition of the war in Iraq.  The war was very unpopular in England as well, especially among Blair's base.  He'll probably be next to go.  
CTguy

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 11:06:22 AM »

Well the conservatives are so incredibly weak in England that I doubt the Labour Party would lose.  However I don't think Blair will last until the next election.  I think he will get booted out internally from his party by a vote of no-confidence now that they saw what happened in Spain.

There are a lot of other issues going on locally in England and I don't think the party wants to risk losing seats in their majority because of an unpopular Prime Minister.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies