Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:31:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spain PM-elect: Troops out of Iraq  (Read 19065 times)
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« on: March 15, 2004, 07:34:16 AM »

Don't forget Australia.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:01:15 PM »

My guess is the terrorists hit Italy, the Brits, Australia, and then when they are feeling really good about themselves and all the people they've murdered, they'll come after us.  Thanks Spain, you just opened the door yesterday.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 03:59:22 PM »

Fine, let them suck up to the terrorists. Let's just defend America from terrorism.  To hell with Europe.  Wonder how they'll feel over there when the terrorists detanate a small nuke in Madrid or Paris.  Think that will get their attention?  I doubt it.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 04:18:42 PM »

Who said terrorists were smart?  The fact that they murder innocents to begin with is proof enough that they aren't exactly approaching things from a rational, reasoned point of view.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 06:25:34 PM »

Iran.  N. Korea, Rogue scientist from Pakistan.  Plutonium on the black market.  Who knows.  They just need one.  Getting it is the only barrier.  Anyone doubt they are frantic to get one and aren't leaving any stone unturned to get it?  Willingness to use it is not a problem for them.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 06:34:05 PM »

Risk what?  How are you going to trace it?  And even if they did, President Kerry would just hit em with a UN resolution.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 06:51:10 PM »

Trust me.  They wouldn't be scared sh**tless or anything else of Kerry.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 08:08:12 PM »

Look for them to hit the Brits or Italy next.  You'll immediately see hundreds of thousands in the steets demonstrating not against the terrorists that hit them, but Bush and Blair.  I think I'm going to throw up.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 10:33:23 PM »

European Commission Chief Romano Prodi:

"It is clear that using force is not the answer to resolving the conflict with terrorists"

Please someone wake me up from this nightmare.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 10:51:12 PM »

Mistaken about what?  Not sure what you mean.

I do think the Spanish people are a confused lot.  However, I don't think you can lay that at the feet of us for not explaining the consequences of appeasement to them.  

What I'm afraid of is that a lot of innocents in Britain, Italy, Germany etc are about to die.  Al Quida can't help but think the attacks were a stunning victory and that the Spanish cowered before them.  Don't you think now that more terrorist attacks are more likely after the election result than they would have been had the results been different?  Nobody can see into the future, but I'm guessing the Spanish electorate just got a whole lot of Europeans killed.

I think we could talk until we were blue in the face and a majority of Europeans would choose not to fight.  The quote I just cited scares the hell out of me.  It scares me that mentality is the dominant one in Europe.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies